Windows 10: PC freezes randomly for about a second

Discus and support PC freezes randomly for about a second in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there,my PC is freezing randomly as far as i can tell. It does freeze while playing games, while browsing, while watching videos, and so on.What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hiimJKM, Aug 3, 2022.

1. hiimJKM Win User

PC freezes randomly for about a second

Hey there,my PC is freezing randomly as far as i can tell. It does freeze while playing games, while browsing, while watching videos, and so on.What i've done so far without it helping:-i checked Harddisk with: wmic diskdrive get status and ran CHKDSK C: /x /r-updated every driver in device manager-installed the newest windows update-deleted Temp files-ran Memory Diagnostic Tool-ran sfc /scannow-ran system diagnostic-reinstalled Windows 10 entirely-i did switch grafic cards-installed BIOS Update-using default BIOS SettingsMy PC Spec is:ASRock H370M-HDV16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666Gigaby

:)

hiimJKM, Aug 3, 2022

2. PC Still randomly freezes for a second

So I have linked a community forum down below that was mine for the previous question I had with all the hardware in my PC and a couple of steps I have tried in fixing the problem. None have worked thus far. The latest problem is that it will randomly do the bugging out where it will freeze for a second and then come back but now My speakers will randomly buzz like old TV static until they are unplugged and replugged back in.

THINGS I HAVE TRIED:

Revert GPU drivers to older more stable versions.

Revert Intel System Component Driver back to older version.

Make sure all drivers are up to date.

Uninstalled Crosair iCue software

Uninstalled Armoury Crate software

reset bios

I have no idea what could be causing this problem. The PC works absolutely perfect when other than the random freezes and bugs. But its obviously annoying when it does this freezing.

PC Random very short freezes or stutters and audio buzzes or cuts - Microsoft Community

Bryce Mahaffey, Aug 3, 2022
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Aug 3, 2022
  4. PC freezes randomly for about a second

PC freezing for a fraction of a second randomly

Hello
    My Son had an issue with his previous PC, where it froze for a fraction of a second randomly. Believed it could be hardware issue, but it’s still happening with his new PC, with 100% new hardware. I can only assume it’s a software issue. He has done a clean boot, but didn’t help. I Jane suggested to do a clean install of W10PRO and install one game only, maybe Counter strike and evaluate if it happens again.

meanwhile is there anything obvious I could look for that could cause this ?

many thanks

reddwarf4ever, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

PC freezes randomly for about a second

1. PC freezes randomly for about a second - Similar Threads - freezes randomly second

2. PC freezes randomly for about a second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes randomly for about a second: Hey there,my PC is freezing randomly as far as i can tell. It does freeze while playing games, while browsing, while watching videos, and so on.What i've done so far without it helping:-i checked Harddisk with: wmic diskdrive get status and ran CHKDSK C: /x /r-updated every...
  3. PC freezes randomly for about a second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes randomly for about a second: Hey there,my PC is freezing randomly as far as i can tell. It does freeze while playing games, while browsing, while watching videos, and so on.What i've done so far without it helping:-i checked Harddisk with: wmic diskdrive get status and ran CHKDSK C: /x /r-updated every...
  4. Random cursor freezes for about a second and then goes back to normal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random cursor freezes for about a second and then goes back to normal.: It normally happens after right click or clicking on notifications in taskbar. Also happens like after playing games it is really annoying. Please help...
  5. Random cursor freezes for about a second and then goes back to normal.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random cursor freezes for about a second and then goes back to normal.: It normally happens after right click or clicking on notifications in taskbar. Also happens like after playing games it is really annoying. Please help...
  6. PC Still randomly freezes for a second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Still randomly freezes for a second: So I have linked a community forum down below that was mine for the previous question I had with all the hardware in my PC and a couple of steps I have tried in fixing the problem. None have worked thus far. The latest problem is that it will randomly do the bugging out where...
  7. PC Still randomly freezes for a second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Still randomly freezes for a second: So I have linked a community forum down below that was mine for the previous question I had with all the hardware in my PC and a couple of steps I have tried in fixing the problem. None have worked thus far. The latest problem is that it will randomly do the bugging out where...
  8. Windows 10 was randomly freezing for about a second but then it got worse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 was randomly freezing for about a second but then it got worse: I think this is unrelated but it’s here in case: So when I got my new pc everything was great then that night I turned it off and had windows say: failed to load windows 10 and that’s an issue I had with my old pc it wasn’t bad I just had to hit restart and it was fine so I...
  9. PC freezing for a fraction of a second randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC freezing for a fraction of a second randomly: Hello My Son had an issue with his previous PC, where it froze for a fraction of a second randomly. Believed it could be hardware issue, but it’s still happening with his new PC, with 100% new hardware. I can only assume it’s a software issue. He has done a clean boot, but...
  10. PC randomly freezes for a few seconds at a time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly freezes for a few seconds at a time: Hi there, my pc freezes a lot and it repeats the audio that was last playing no matter what im doing, it sounds like glitching. I found another thread on this but it was very complicated so if someone could please explain how to do this in simpler words! thank you!...