Windows 10: PC Freezes sometimes

Discus and support PC Freezes sometimes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; one day my pc began to freeze up during a game, so i turned off the pc and turned it back on. Then loged in and some shorcuts on my desktop wouldnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by toddpechin, Dec 5, 2018.

1. PC Freezes sometimes

one day my pc began to freeze up during a game, so i turned off the pc and turned it back on. Then loged in and some shorcuts on my desktop wouldnt load, my pc would take forever to open programs. Sometimes its starts up fine, work for a good two hours them begins to freeze up.

Windows 10

Geforce GTX 1080

No updates that i know of

Sorry for any errors im on my phone.

:)

toddpechin, Dec 5, 2018

2. PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Dec 5, 2018
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

PC Freezes sometimes

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Naki, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

PC Freezes sometimes

1. PC Freezes sometimes - Similar Threads - Freezes sometimes

2. PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes: I have already tried to get help from nvidia support and that didn't end up working out so I will leave our previous chat logs so you can see where I left off please tell me if you need me to send any additional logs or filesGPU 980tiCHAT LINK:...
  3. PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes: I have already tried to get help from nvidia support and that didn't end up working out so I will leave our previous chat logs so you can see where I left off please tell me if you need me to send any additional logs or filesGPU 980tiCHAT LINK:...
  4. Green Screen while gaming, sometime randomly freeze and have to hard restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green Screen while gaming, sometime randomly freeze and have to hard restart.: As the title suggests, I've been so frustrated about this problem. I really don't know what is causing it. The green screen said it's caused by "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and indicates issues with the driver ntoskrnl.exe. I hope someone could helpMinidump file:...
  5. Green Screen while gaming, sometime randomly freeze and have to hard restart.

Green Screen while gaming, sometime randomly freeze and have to hard restart.: As the title suggests, I've been so frustrated about this problem. I really don't know what is causing it. The green screen said it's caused by "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and indicates issues with the driver ntoskrnl.exe. I hope someone could helpMinidump file:...
  6. Keyboard freezes for sometime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard freezes for sometime: I am currently using windows 11. My laptop's keyboard freezes for some second. After pressing a key, the keyboard doesnt work. After 2 second keyboard responds. The problem is show for two or three week....
  7. Keyboard freezes for sometime

Keyboard freezes for sometime: I am currently using windows 11. My laptop's keyboard freezes for some second. After pressing a key, the keyboard doesnt work. After 2 second keyboard responds. The problem is show for two or three week....
  8. windows 11 freezes and restarts sometimes restarts and freezes Possibe cause "ctfmon.exe...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 freezes and restarts sometimes restarts and freezes Possibe cause "ctfmon.exe...: I have recently updated windows from 10 to 11 and facing this issue of random freeze and restart. I performed sfc/scannow and DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth but nothing happened. When I went in safe mode, I saw "ctfmon.exe Overrun of stacked based buffer." error....
  9. windows 11 freezes and restarts sometimes restarts and freezes Possibe cause "ctfmon.exe...

windows 11 freezes and restarts sometimes restarts and freezes Possibe cause "ctfmon.exe...: I have recently updated windows from 10 to 11 and facing this issue of random freeze and restart. I performed sfc/scannow and DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth but nothing happened. When I went in safe mode, I saw "ctfmon.exe Overrun of stacked based buffer." error....
  10. My pc freezes mostly in idle state and nothing work and sometimes screen flash randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc freezes mostly in idle state and nothing work and sometimes screen flash randomly: Hello , my name is PayamIn last two month my pc got freeze and screen flashing randomly . and i have to force restart pc by hardware reset button. but in heavy duties like render or gaming there is no problem at all. it happens mostly in idle state or web browsing or...