Windows 10: pc freezes; task manager shows multiple copies of apps and processies

Discus and support pc freezes; task manager shows multiple copies of apps and processies in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; watching short video when pc froze. baud rate > 25Mbps; checked task manager and found 13 entries for Win Asst Tech, over 20 LibreOffice, 8 libreoffice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jalea148, Apr 8, 2016.

1. jalea148 Win User

pc freezes; task manager shows multiple copies of apps and processies

watching short video when pc froze. baud rate > 25Mbps; checked task manager and found 13 entries for Win Asst Tech, over 20 LibreOffice, 8 libreoffice writer, there were many apps [disappeared while writing this post]. All copies used negligible cpu and memory. Just froze up again and have very long waits to connect to internet.
    pc is Dell Precision 6300, Vista pc upgraded to Win 7.

:)

jalea148, Apr 8, 2016
  2. SeanTobin Win User

System freezes and shows 100% disk usage on Windows 10.

My computer freezes and my task manager shows 100% disk usage. I turned off superfetch, updated all my drivers, and screamed at my computer multiple times without results.

Original title: Window 10 and 100% Disk Usage on Task Manager

SeanTobin, Apr 8, 2016
  3. Task Manager metrics frozen on Win10

I'm running Windows 10 Pro v1703 (15063.608) 64bit

PC with Intel Core 2 Duo T5550 CPU and 4GB of RAM

When I launch Task Manager, the [Processes] tab is frozen.

The [Performance] tab shows a split-second of metrics, a sliver of a line showing CPU from 0 to 100%, but no advancement in the line plots.

The Task Manager app interface is still responsive, allowing me to cycle through the tabs and close it, it just appears to not be doing its dynamic display of CPU/RAM usage, just showing a snapshot of the status at time of launching the app.

From Task Manager, I can follow the link to open Resource Monitor, which works as expected, showing real-time plots of apps and services taking up my CPU bandwidth.

I've rebooted the PC several times, and for the last couple weeks, there's no instance in which Task Manager works as expected, it permanently freezes right after opening.

How can I restore Task Manager functionality?

Dominipater, Apr 8, 2016
Thema:

pc freezes; task manager shows multiple copies of apps and processies

1. pc freezes; task manager shows multiple copies of apps and processies - Similar Threads - freezes task manager

2. Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager: Windows 11 Pro Insider Beta Channel - 22H2 Build 22623.891Hi, as per the title, startup apps are not showing in Task Manager with the message "There are no start-up items to display". All my startup apps are still auto-starting with Windows but I have no way to manage...
  3. Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager: Windows 11 Pro Insider Beta Channel - 22H2 Build 22623.891Hi, as per the title, startup apps are not showing in Task Manager with the message "There are no start-up items to display". All my startup apps are still auto-starting with Windows but I have no way to manage...
  4. Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager

5. Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. No foreground apps showing in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No foreground apps showing in task manager: So i updated to windows insider preview windows 11 build 22478.rs_prerelease.211008-1414 and no foreground/opened apps are showing in taskmanager under "Apps" section. I normally use RAM section to reorder apps running with the most ram usage so I can see what's hogging up my...
  7. No foreground apps showing in task manager

No foreground apps showing in task manager: So i updated to windows insider preview windows 11 build 22478.rs_prerelease.211008-1414 and no foreground/opened apps are showing in taskmanager under "Apps" section. I normally use RAM section to reorder apps running with the most ram usage so I can see what's hogging up my...
  8. Multiple instances of apps running in Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple instances of apps running in Task Manager: Its sometimes says 10+ of the same program is running when just one is open. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances-of-apps-running-in-task-manager/761e16d9-907b-4af4-8a11-901f30de0188
  9. Multiple apps running in task manager

Multiple apps running in task manager: I have a browser that I use called OperaGX and when I opened task manager it was taking up almost all of my memory. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about: [ATTACH]...
  10. Multiple Store Apps Suspended in Task Manager

Multiple Store Apps Suspended in Task Manager: Mail, Your Phone and Photos apps are failing to run properly because they are getting suspended by Windows 10. The result is: I am never notified about new emails; I rarely receive Your Phone messages on time; and both the Your Phone and Photos apps will frequently refuse...