Windows 10: pc freezes; task manager shows multiple copies of apps and processies

Discus and support pc freezes; task manager shows multiple copies of apps and processies in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; watching short video when pc froze. baud rate > 25Mbps; checked task manager and found 13 entries for Win Asst Tech, over 20 LibreOffice, 8 libreoffice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jalea148, Apr 8, 2016.

1. jalea148 Win User

pc freezes; task manager shows multiple copies of apps and processies

watching short video when pc froze. baud rate > 25Mbps; checked task manager and found 13 entries for Win Asst Tech, over 20 LibreOffice, 8 libreoffice writer, there were many apps [disappeared while writing this post]. All copies used negligible cpu and memory. Just froze up again and have very long waits to connect to internet.
    pc is Dell Precision 6300, Vista pc upgraded to Win 7.

:)

jalea148, Apr 8, 2016
  2. SeanTobin Win User

System freezes and shows 100% disk usage on Windows 10.

My computer freezes and my task manager shows 100% disk usage. I turned off superfetch, updated all my drivers, and screamed at my computer multiple times without results.

Original title: Window 10 and 100% Disk Usage on Task Manager

SeanTobin, Apr 8, 2016
  3. Task Manager metrics frozen on Win10

I'm running Windows 10 Pro v1703 (15063.608) 64bit

PC with Intel Core 2 Duo T5550 CPU and 4GB of RAM

When I launch Task Manager, the [Processes] tab is frozen.

The [Performance] tab shows a split-second of metrics, a sliver of a line showing CPU from 0 to 100%, but no advancement in the line plots.

The Task Manager app interface is still responsive, allowing me to cycle through the tabs and close it, it just appears to not be doing its dynamic display of CPU/RAM usage, just showing a snapshot of the status at time of launching the app.

From Task Manager, I can follow the link to open Resource Monitor, which works as expected, showing real-time plots of apps and services taking up my CPU bandwidth.

I've rebooted the PC several times, and for the last couple weeks, there's no instance in which Task Manager works as expected, it permanently freezes right after opening.

How can I restore Task Manager functionality?

Dominipater, Apr 8, 2016
Thema:

pc freezes; task manager shows multiple copies of apps and processies

1. pc freezes; task manager shows multiple copies of apps and processies - Similar Threads - freezes task manager

2. App doesn't show up in App History in Task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App doesn't show up in App History in Task manager: I am using the web designing app 'Xara Web Designer Premium' on my Windows 10 computer but can't find it listed in the 'App History' in the Task manager. As I have been using this a lot, is there any reason why this does not appear as I am interested to know more details...
  3. task manager, disk is showing 100%

task manager, disk is showing 100%: my laptop is showing 100% disk usage.The one i noticed are windows remidation services,ms compatibility teleme...,windows modules installer. can some one help me to fix this problem. thank you!...
  4. Multiple instances of any browser I open showing in task manager

Multiple instances of any browser I open showing in task manager: When I open any browser, multiple instances of that browser display in task manager. Whether it is Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Firefox I open the browser (one tab is open) and task manager shows the browser at least nine times, while browsing the number increases to as...
  5. Task manager show 100% disk

Task manager show 100% disk: My task manager shows 100% disk in process tab and my pc isn't booting fast as it was earlier i formatted the pc and reinstalled but the same thing again i can't play games...
  6. task manager showing 100% usage

task manager showing 100% usage: my task manger is showing 100% usage and laptop is very slow to start edition : windows 10 version: 1803 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/task-manager-showing-100-usage/a5f5844d-35b2-4f0f-ac73-db87ba2baa8e
  7. Pick an app in task manager?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pick an app in task manager?: Hi I saw four of these running in my task manager. What does it mean? 111519
  8. CPU at 100%; multiple copies of apps

in Windows 10 Support
    CPU at 100%; multiple copies of apps: I have several issues going on and wanted to see if anyone has an idea of what could be going on. I'm technically unsavvy so unsure if I have malware, or when things are just normal, etc. I had a cyberstalking ex a few years ago so am a bit paranoid at times. Firstly, when I...
  9. Task Manager shows single CPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task Manager shows single CPU: Hi My Task Manager performance tab only shows one CPU graph, is this usual for W10? Thanks Daniel 74373
  10. Task Manager hidden when game freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager hidden when game freezes: I think this is just a messup on the programmers part of Windows 10. I say this because I used Windows 7 and 8 since well... they came out and ALWAYS when I brought up the Task manager it would override the program I was currently in and show its window on top. I was...