Windows 10: pc freezes when i try to reset the network driver

Discus and support pc freezes when i try to reset the network driver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my wifi connection frequently breaks. While internet, my laptop does not receive internet and says no internet. I tried various ways to resolve it by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sushil kumar Sen, Sep 17, 2019.

1. pc freezes when i try to reset the network driver

my wifi connection frequently breaks. While internet, my laptop does not receive internet and says no internet. I tried various ways to resolve it by troubleshooting network, resetting network, adapter reinstall, restart, etc. but all gave me a failure. also, one thing was common in all attempts that, whenever I or computer tried to reset the network adapter or driver the laptop always got stopped working i.e., it got frozen . Help Me Please!!!!!!!!

:)

Sushil kumar Sen, Sep 17, 2019
  2. H Z
    H Z Win User

PC Freezes when I run a Network Reset

BTW: the reason I tried doing a Network Reset in the first place was because I was unable to see a computer on my home network. I could access the other PC in Windows Explorer by typing \\ComputerName or by mapping a Network drive, but it would not show
    up in Windows Explorer. I research this problem and the suggestion was to do a Network Reset. Not only did I have the problem of freezing, now I can't access the other PC at all!

3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

4. Ikaruga Win User

pc freezes when i try to reset the network driver

router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

pc freezes when i try to reset the network driver

1. pc freezes when i try to reset the network driver - Similar Threads - freezes try reset

2. PC stuck at 64% when I tried resetting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stuck at 64% when I tried resetting it: When I tried to factory reset my pc it got stuck at 68% it’s been like this for the past 5 hours. I don’t know what to do either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuck-at-64-when-i-tried-resetting-it/29928367-2d55-4044-8e85-0b5594debcc4
  3. PC stuck at 64% when I tried resetting it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC stuck at 64% when I tried resetting it: When I tried to factory reset my pc it got stuck at 68% it’s been like this for the past 5 hours. I don’t know what to do either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuck-at-64-when-i-tried-resetting-it/29928367-2d55-4044-8e85-0b5594debcc4
  4. PC crash when I try to factory reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crash when I try to factory reset it: My PC is not factory resetting for some reason,I got a virus on my PC a while back so i decided it was best that I factory reset it and I tried but It didn't work . When I tried it using troubleshoot using shift click on reset button it went in to an error screen and when I...
  5. PC crash when I try to factory reset it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crash when I try to factory reset it: My PC is not factory resetting for some reason,I got a virus on my PC a while back so i decided it was best that I factory reset it and I tried but It didn't work . When I tried it using troubleshoot using shift click on reset button it went in to an error screen and when I...
  6. PC crash when I try to factory reset it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. pc freezes/hangs up when trying to reset windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    pc freezes/hangs up when trying to reset windows 10: pc freezes/hangs up when trying to reset in windows 10 all updates are in place, when resetting it seems very slow when it get to restarting approx. 30 mins? it shuts down and restarts and freezes/hangs up on the choose a language page, that's as far as I have got tried...
  8. pc freeze when i try to install a program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc freeze when i try to install a program: My pc freeze when i try to install icmarketssc5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freeze-when-i-try-to-install-a-program/232b8302-d97b-4b49-8aab-c8bb80cd895e
  9. BSOD when trying to reset network

BSOD when trying to reset network: I've been having network issues for a long time. It wasn't that bad because it only occurred when waking up from sleep or cold boot. But for quite some time already(few month) I've been missing connection when working, which interrupted some of my proceedings. Blue screen...
  10. Windows 10 freezes when I try to install a driver

Windows 10 freezes when I try to install a driver: Hi I recently built a new PC, but I am having some issues when trying to install certain drivers that I downloaded directly from the motherboard manufacturer. When it freezes, nothing else happens and I have to force shutdown the PC. I don't know if this started to happen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network reset freeze pc