Windows 10: PC freezes when watching streaming shows.

Discus and support PC freezes when watching streaming shows. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Gaming PC with 12GB RAM, i7- AMD R9 GPU so i have plenty of power, I added SPEED FAN to check my CPU heat and it is at 102C. This keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ecualum98, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Ecualum98 Win User

PC freezes when watching streaming shows.

I have a Gaming PC with 12GB RAM, i7- AMD R9 GPU so i have plenty of power, I added SPEED FAN to check my CPU heat and it is at 102C. This keeps happening while I am watching a show on Peacock or You Tube. I have to hard shut down and restart. Are there any known issues out thre? Please advise.

:)

Ecualum98, Apr 5, 2021

2. Video streaming

Hi Ray,

The outdated or corrupted driver could cause this issue with your computer. We would like to know more about the issue by answering the following questions below:

• Have you tried
      updating your drivers
      ?
    • Have you tried another video streaming link?
    • How many applications running on your computer while playing video or watching live streaming?

We also suggest that you follow the steps provided on this link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4002019/windows-10-improve-pc-performance.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, Apr 5, 2021
  3. happy Win User
    When Watching Streaming Videos Online

Actually its not really streaming. My internet is fast so the line that moves before the actual video I am watching goes faster. So essentially I think I am not streaming for Youtube and all the other providers that allow content to be downloaded and then watched. As for Netflix and Hulu, I believe that is streaming right? Because it doesn't allow cache to be downloaded rather it is solely streaming.

happy, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Jessen P Win User

PC randomly freezing when watching/streaming video online

Hi Matt,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

• Does the issue persist while using Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue specific only while playing online videos?
    We need to make sure that the necessary Add-ons are enabled in Internet Explorer, to do this follow the steps below:

a. Open
    Internet Explorer for the desktop.

b. Tap or click the
    Tools button, and then tap or click Manage add-ons.

c. From the
    Show dropdown selection, select Run without Permissions.

Look for the following add-ons in the displayed list and make sure the Status is listed as
    Enabled

Note when checking to see if the add-on is installed you can also verify the current version of the add-on.

The add-on for Microsoft Silverlight is listed as:

· Microsoft Silverlight

The add-ons for Adobe Flash and Adobe Shockwave Player are listed as:

· Shockwave Active X Control

· Shockwave Flash Object

The add-on for Java is listed as:

· Java Plug-in (May be multiple add-ons)

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

1. PC freezes when watching streaming shows. - Similar Threads - freezes watching streaming

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when watching a shared stream on Discord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when watching a shared stream on Discord: Recently, every time I opened my friend's shared stream on Discord desktop app link to app after about 5-10 minutes of watching my computer will freeze up and then eventually crash with blue screen showing error "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION".Below is a .zip file with my three...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when watching a shared stream on Discord

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when watching a shared stream on Discord: Recently, every time I opened my friend's shared stream on Discord desktop app link to app after about 5-10 minutes of watching my computer will freeze up and then eventually crash with blue screen showing error "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION".Below is a .zip file with my three...
  4. PC freezes and reboots when streaming to twitch or youtube

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes and reboots when streaming to twitch or youtube: I've recently had issues streaming online with Twitch Studio or OBS Studio. After 30-45 minutes my pc will freeze then reboot. I can play without streaming all day without issues. I can even stream through steam or discord without issues. Here's what I know. The issue is...
  5. PC restarts when watching streams or videos from YouTube or Steam.

PC restarts when watching streams or videos from YouTube or Steam.: Hi, im currenty having an issue with a PC i just recently built. When ever i start a stream or video, maybe 2-3 minutes in, my PC would start randomly. There isnt a blue screen that appears when it restarts, just a black screen. It can also happen when i use spotify for about...
  6. Audio issues when watching videos/live streaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issues when watching videos/live streaming: So today I've noticed whenever I watch something, whether it'd be live streaming or just a video on YouTube or VLC the audio would sound robotic every now and then, as well as lag a bit. Has anybody experienced this issue and how can I fix this? It was normal yesterday......
  7. BSOD Watching Streaming

BSOD Watching Streaming: First off I'm on a fresh install of windows 10 x64 the latest Nov. build I was watching some streams on twitchtv just letting it play not doing anything else on the Pc after two hours of that the bsod occurred saying system_service_exception. Bluescreenviewer stated a bug...
  8. IRQL/KMODE when I watch a stream/video

IRQL/KMODE when I watch a stream/video: Hello everyone, I have this issue for about a month already. Starting with Windows 7 I thought the problem would resolve itself once I switched over to Windows 10. Sadly I was mistaken, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD occur every day when I...
  9. CldFlt causes PC to freeze when starting stream

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CldFlt causes PC to freeze when starting stream: Whenever I try to stream on the HBO Nordic website, my PC freezes and I have to hit the reset button. I've isolated the issue to the CldFlt driver, event ID 7000 in the event logger. On the linked thread below there are workarounds for similar issues (check the end of...
  10. Watching/streaming Video's

in Windows 10 Support
    Watching/streaming Video's: Hi, Since I installed Win 10 I notice at times when I watch a movie in full screen on any player or stream on you tube full screen the player will min itself or freeze so I have to refresh, watching a movie on a player will result in it just closing or crashing, with some...