Windows 10: Pc freezes whenever I start downloading drivers

Discus and support Pc freezes whenever I start downloading drivers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I've experienced this problem for a while now and I have absolutely have no idea why it keeps happening. It started about 5 months ago when we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlexDavid2, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Pc freezes whenever I start downloading drivers

So I've experienced this problem for a while now and I have absolutely have no idea why it keeps happening.

It started about 5 months ago when we moved to our new house. The house didn't have WiFi yet so my pc had to keep idle for a while,

the moment we got connection though took at least 2 weeks I plugged my pc and started some updates but then after a few seconds of booting i noticed my mouse wasnt moving and the whole screen froze i restarted the pc then it was fine but like 2-5 mins after booting it froze again so when i restarted my pc this time i searched about it and learned a few tips, after my pc froze one more time i tried pressing my caps lock or num lock buttons to see if the LED light in my keyboard would respond but it didn't. so knowing these few things i tried troubleshooting i noticed if i was watching youtube and the pc freezes the youtube window where the video would be playing would turn green so i looked it up and said it was a driver issue so i tried to update my GPU driver but it would freeze before the driver finish downloading . At this point i was convinced it was the GPU's problem so i removed it and it was fine. i was running without a GPU for about 4 months but then we got better internet connection and i was able to play esports titles again but i had no GPU so i thought try the GPU one more time before installing the gpu i downloaded the gpu driver beforehand because the pc would freeze again before it got a chance to update the driver so i went to nvidia got their latest driver for my GPU installed the GPU and it worked for about 2 weeks my pc ran great no hiccups whatsoever until it started freezing again. this time i booted in safe mood bewildered at this point. I googled pc works fine in safe mode but freezes in normal mode and basically saw threads from pc forums and did anything they suggested i did a clean boot , i typed sfc/ scannow on the cmd and i came across a comment saying i should update my GPU driver surely enough my driver was outdated by a day so i installed the driver in safe mode and installed it in normal mode and the pc ran fine for 2 days until yesterday. Right now i feel exhausted and hopeless about this problem i removed the GPU again and it works fine but im not convinced its the GPU's fault . https://www.indexofapps.com/the-sol...fine-in-safe-mode-but-freezes-in-normal-mode/ i followed this link when troubleshooting and sure enough when i enabled the driver it froze within 5 seconds i tried updating the driver too but it would freeze in the middle of installation at the end it wouldn't even get pass the driver's system check for compatibility saying "nvidia driver cannot find compatible hardware" and "Nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows" at the same time. I realized there was a windows update pending so i updated it first but it would still get stuck in the middle of installation. Im running GPU-less now and works fine

I would really like your opinion on my problem because i would like to be certain before throwing money at it.

Thank you very much!

PC specs

Cpu: i5 3340

Psu: Thermaltake Smart SPR-0600 80 Plus RGB Power Supply 600watts

mobo: GIGABYTE GA-H61M-DS2 LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

GPU: 1050 ti

:)

AlexDavid2, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Shuyin03 Win User

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Apr 25, 2020
  3. My PC freezes when i start a game

Thank you for your response. If updating the graphics card drivers did not resolve the issue, you may follow the steps below to roll it back to its previous version:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then type Device Manager in the search box.
    • Hit Enter.
    • Right-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Drivers tab.
    • Click Roll Back Driver.
    • In the Driver Package rollback dialog box, click Yes.

If the issue persists, you may perform the recommended solutions on this

link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.  

Loraine Mon, Apr 25, 2020
  4. aries117 Win User

Pc freezes whenever I start downloading drivers

Computer Keeps Freezing

It froze again, and the common problem I see throughout most of the freezes is a driver atksgt.sys being blocked from loading. It is related to Tages Protection from Tages SA and it says it has a driver that is installed that causes stability problems with my system. It says it will be disabled but I think this is why my pc keeps freezing. Any suggestions as to what it may be for and/or if I can get rid of it and how?

I never downloaded a program from Tages SA so I am not sure what it could be from.

aries117, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Pc freezes whenever I start downloading drivers

1. Pc freezes whenever I start downloading drivers - Similar Threads - freezes whenever start

2. My PC Keeps spiking whenever i start downloads?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC Keeps spiking whenever i start downloads?: Hello, Ive recently had this problem where when I start downloading files or games I start getting spikes. Not only that when im in call on discord with my friends I also spike up to 5000ms when i start downloading stuff and sometimes it just happens randomly. Ill see that my...
  3. My PC Keeps spiking whenever i start downloads?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC Keeps spiking whenever i start downloads?: Hello, Ive recently had this problem where when I start downloading files or games I start getting spikes. Not only that when im in call on discord with my friends I also spike up to 5000ms when i start downloading stuff and sometimes it just happens randomly. Ill see that my...
  4. My screen freezes and crashes whenever i download drivers for my new gpu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen freezes and crashes whenever i download drivers for my new gpu.: So I just bought a gtx 1080ti and it works in desktop mode without drivers but as soon as I download drivers, my screen freezes a bunch of different colors and I'm forced to restart my pc. I've tried using DDU and reinstalling drivers, I've unplugged my GPU and put it back,...
  5. My screen freezes and crashes whenever i download drivers for my new gpu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen freezes and crashes whenever i download drivers for my new gpu.: So I just bought a gtx 1080ti and it works in desktop mode without drivers but as soon as I download drivers, my screen freezes a bunch of different colors and I'm forced to restart my pc. I've tried using DDU and reinstalling drivers, I've unplugged my GPU and put it back,...
  6. My screen freezes and crashes whenever i download drivers for my new gpu.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. my pc freezes whenever I open photos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my pc freezes whenever I open photos: i have tried resetting and repairing submitted by /u/mrzewzie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j9ugkl/my_pc_freezes_whenever_i_open_photos/
  8. PC freezes randomly whenever I stream videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes randomly whenever I stream videos: Since the beginning of September my computer has been randomly freezing when I'm streaming videos online such as youtube, netflix, or twitch. It doesn't matter where I'm streaming, it'll either happen in a few minutes or within a hour or two. It's gotten so bad, if I a video...
  9. PC Freezes on start

PC Freezes on start: My PC freezes every time I start it. I have to force a shut down and restart for windows 10 to start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freezes-on-start/4d4c864e-28ff-4277-97fb-628ee93cde76
  10. Pc crashing whenever i start a game

Pc crashing whenever i start a game: Hello I am having a issue with my windows 10 machine that it always crashes whenever I start a game when I checked my mini dump file for the problem it tells that the process "Ntoskrnl.exe" has caused the problem. I have tried many fixes but none of them worked even rebooting...