Windows 10: PC freezes while charging

Discus and support PC freezes while charging in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My PC recently started whit this problem. It only freeezes when ti goes in sleep mode but stil on charger, after that I can't do anything it's not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Bojana_P, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Bojana_P Win User

PC freezes while charging

My PC recently started whit this problem. It only freeezes when ti goes in sleep mode but stil on charger, after that I can't do anything it's not responding, only my kaybaord is stil on but nothing else. To make it responde I have to use turn on/off button and have to press it longer, than it works, or I have to wate for my PC to turn off by it self becaouse of low battery.

:)

Bojana_P, Dec 11, 2020

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

PC freezes while charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

PC freezes while charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Dec 11, 2020
  4. PC freezes while charging

PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

PC freezes while charging

1. PC freezes while charging - Similar Threads - freezes while charging

2. My pc periodically toggles between charging and not charging while plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc periodically toggles between charging and not charging while plugged in: Please just recently my laptop toggles between plugged in and not charging every 2 seconds, this happens for like 40 seconds and stops. Maybe a few hours, does it again especially when I’m gaming. Please I need helpHp omen 15 laptop 2021 editionS/N- 5CD1313LNP...
  3. while charging themy pc,it is showing 1% available,plugged in,not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    while charging themy pc,it is showing 1% available,plugged in,not charging: why my pc battery is not charging? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-charging-themy-pcit-is-showing-1/904a4ddb-3b80-4dc3-ab68-d440e8448dcc
  4. Pc freeze while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc freeze while gaming: hello! i need help! My pc freeze while gaming and reboot automaticaly.I5 10400f3070 msi gaming z trio16gb ramssd adata falcon ssd western green2 hddmother asus prime b460m-a update all drivers, update bios, and the error persist....
  5. Pc freeze while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc freeze while gaming: hello! i need help! My pc freeze while gaming and reboot automaticaly.I5 10400f3070 msi gaming z trio16gb ramssd adata falcon ssd western green2 hddmother asus prime b460m-a update all drivers, update bios, and the error persist....
  6. Pc freeze while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Pc freezes while gaming

Pc freezes while gaming: This problem has been happening for awhile now. I will start a game with friends apex legends, COD and about midway through my pc will freeze and the rgb lights inside my case will go still. The image on the screen will stay the same and I'm not able to talk through discord...
  8. PC freezes while not gaming

PC freezes while not gaming: Hi all, Been having PC freezes for a few weeks now, almost every day. It only happens while I'm NOT gaming, however. I can play hours of intense games without a freeze. But usually when I'm watching Youtube or browsing, I'll get a complete desktop, mouse, keyboard freeze and...
  9. Random freezing of windows while charging due to SSD

Random freezing of windows while charging due to SSD: I got Acer Predator Helios 300 with windows 10 home,i5-core 8th gen,8 GB RAM,128 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD with 4 GB Graphics Recently i got stuck with my windows 10 and i have to install new windows copy from the Microsoft official website. I got the new windows through a USB...
  10. Laptop freezing when idle - while charging

Laptop freezing when idle - while charging: I have had an Acer Aspire ES1 - 533 specs: processor - intel pentium R; CPU N4200 @ 1.10ghz RAM - 8.00GB Windows 10 OS 64bit Graphics type - Intel HD 4000 Hard disc space - 1TB since June 2017 I've recently ran into a problem when charging the laptop, it seems to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why my pc freezers wen plug in power

2. Why my computer hangs on charging

3. windows 10 laptop freezing when charging

4. computer freeze then crash charger