Windows 10: Pc freezes within 10 seconds of boot but not in safe mode

Discus and support Pc freezes within 10 seconds of boot but not in safe mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So i posted an earlier post about this problem, and a comment said to run driver verifier so i did and got this specific BSOD:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlexDavid2, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Pc freezes within 10 seconds of boot but not in safe mode

So i posted an earlier post about this problem, and a comment said to run driver verifier so i did and got this specific BSOD: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmgvmiHbr9YqlESztifJVfivSm-u?e=rReFu6.

MY pc got this problem ever since we moved and had no internet for a while and after getting the connection it would just freeze, the freezes are inconsistent sometimes it would take 10 minutes after boot, but most of the time its within 10 seconds. without the GPU it works perfectly though my GPU is main thing on my pc i need. It had time of 2 weeks before freezing again and once it starts freezing it doesn't go away until i remove the GPU

I've tried everything i could think off:

I performed a clean boot

I removed the GPU, downloaded the driver, installed the GPU back, and ran the driver this works every time i do this

I deleted Nvdia Audio driver

I also tried sfc/ scannow on the CMD

I really am lost on this and any help would be highly appreciated, Thank you!

:)

AlexDavid2, Apr 27, 2020
  2. freeze Win User

PC freeze within 30sec of boot, works fine in safe mode

Hi there,

Having an issue with my Laptop, running win 10 pro.

Freezing in less than 30 secs of boot normal boot.Safe mode works fine where I have tried to run sfc now issue found.

So here is a quick list of what I have so far tried
    • Boot to safe mode sfc /scannow no issue found
    • Tried a clean boot(disable all no MS services) and reboot
    • Sign in under a new user account
    • Read logs but nothing seen freezing seem to not write any logs.
    • Memory test passed
    • chkdsk passed
    • run windows repair off disk
    • Sure there is more than I can not think of at the moment as my brain is ready to sleep
    • System Restore
    • Startup Repair

I am thinking it might be a driver based issue due to working fine when in safe mode but haven't updated any drivers.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

freeze, Apr 27, 2020
  3. coopfab Win User
    Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Pc freezes within 10 seconds of boot but not in safe mode

Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Pc freezes within 10 seconds of boot but not in safe mode

1. Pc freezes within 10 seconds of boot but not in safe mode - Similar Threads - freezes within seconds

2. PC runs perfectly during normal boot. Freezes in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC runs perfectly during normal boot. Freezes in safe mode.: I’m running Windows 11 home. Lately my main monitor I have two. An Asus 4K monitor and a Wacom Cintiq. Asus is main has randomly been going black for 2-5 seconds before coming back on. It happens ~2-3 times per day. I recently updated my gpu to an RTX Strix 4090 and had done...
  3. PC runs perfectly during normal boot. Freezes in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC runs perfectly during normal boot. Freezes in safe mode.: I’m running Windows 11 home. Lately my main monitor I have two. An Asus 4K monitor and a Wacom Cintiq. Asus is main has randomly been going black for 2-5 seconds before coming back on. It happens ~2-3 times per day. I recently updated my gpu to an RTX Strix 4090 and had done...
  4. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  5. PC Freezing on boot or within 40 seconds of being on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezing on boot or within 40 seconds of being on the desktop: I am looking for some advice. My PC was completely fine on Wednesday last week. I came to boot it up on Saturday and it keep crashing on the desktop after about 40 seconds. I rebooted multiple times and the problem remained. After multiple attempts it then stopped getting...
  6. PC Freezing on boot or within 40 seconds of being on the desktop

PC Freezing on boot or within 40 seconds of being on the desktop: I am looking for some advice. My PC was completely fine on Wednesday last week. I came to boot it up on Saturday and it keep crashing on the desktop after about 40 seconds. I rebooted multiple times and the problem remained. After multiple attempts it then stopped getting...
  7. Windows 10 Freezing but Not In Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezing but Not In Safe Mode: Hello my name is Jiyan. My problem is this: When I login to the windows, after approximately 2 minutes, computer freezes if there is a background sound it stuck, nothing works except my laptop's keyboard light control key and fan key. When this happens only solution is to do...
  8. PC freezes but not in safe mode

PC freezes but not in safe mode: So i posted an earlier post about this problem, and a comment said to run driver verifier so i did and got this specific BSOD: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmgvmiHbr9YqlESztifJVfivSm-u?e=rReFu6. MY pc got this problem ever since we moved and had no internet for a while and after...
  9. PC freeze within 30sec of boot, works fine in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC freeze within 30sec of boot, works fine in safe mode: Hi there, Having an issue with my Laptop, running win 10 pro. Freezing in less than 30 secs of boot normal boot.Safe mode works fine where I have tried to run sfc now issue found. So here is a quick list of what I have so far tried Boot to safe mode sfc /scannow no...
  10. PC will only boot into Safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC will only boot into Safe mode: Hello, My PC has been stable for several months, since I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. On Friday something changed (not triggered by any user action) and the PC is now no longer able to boot successfully. The boot cycle now goes BIOS->Blue Windows logo with spinning...