Windows 10: PC freezes without warning, date changes to future on restart

Discus and support PC freezes without warning, date changes to future on restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 on a PC that is about 4 years old. Without warning the PC freezes and either comes back to life with a date way in the future... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sara_baillie, Mar 14, 2019.

1. PC freezes without warning, date changes to future on restart

I am running windows 10 on a PC that is about 4 years old. Without warning the PC freezes and either comes back to life with a date way in the future i.e. 5/1/2077; or if I for a shut down and restart it the date is often similar in the future. Also it freezes when watching video, with sometimes a loud buzzing sound. Its been doing it for a couple of years and I have just been putting up with it as its so intermittent.

I'm not that tech savvy so dont ask me hard questions.

:)

sara_baillie, Mar 14, 2019

2. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 14, 2019
  3. dbldee Win User
    Freezes on restart

Device is up to date, however from either the Start menu or Command prompt Windows freezes at manufacturer splash screen on restart, requiring hard shutdown,
    This returns even after clean install of Windows 10

suggestions or recommendations *Sick

dbldee, Mar 14, 2019
  4. PC freezes without warning, date changes to future on restart

MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

PC freezes without warning, date changes to future on restart

1. PC freezes without warning, date changes to future on restart - Similar Threads - freezes without warning

2. PC restart without warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC restart without warning: Hi,For the past few weeks, my PC has been randomly shutting down without warning, especially when plugged in. Some blue screens have even occurred, but that's more rare.I already tried to update all my drivers and even reinstalled Windows 11 to factory settings, but the...
  3. PC restart without warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC restart without warning: Hi,For the past few weeks, my PC has been randomly shutting down without warning, especially when plugged in. Some blue screens have even occurred, but that's more rare.I already tried to update all my drivers and even reinstalled Windows 11 to factory settings, but the...
  4. PC is randomly restarting without any warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is randomly restarting without any warning: Split from this thread. I also facing same problem the PC is randomly restarting without any warning , even though my PC is fully updated still facing it what can i do...
  5. Laptop randomly freeze and restart without any warnings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly freeze and restart without any warnings: HiI am using a Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52. It started to randomly freeze and restart even when no application or brower is running. Sometimes it would freeze and restart within 5 mins of starting the laptop, and sometimes it would run smoothly for 25-30 mins and then,...
  6. Laptop randomly freeze and restart without any warnings

Laptop randomly freeze and restart without any warnings: HiI am using a Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52. It started to randomly freeze and restart even when no application or brower is running. Sometimes it would freeze and restart within 5 mins of starting the laptop, and sometimes it would run smoothly for 25-30 mins and then,...
  7. PC restarts without warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC restarts without warning: Hi, my PC which I built back in December 2021 restarts without warning. It has happened 3 times since December. In event viewer it shows critical error Kernel Power 41 with no bug report or any indication of actually cause. It happened twice when I was gaming and once while...
  8. PC restarts without warning

PC restarts without warning: Hi, my PC which I built back in December 2021 restarts without warning. It has happened 3 times since December. In event viewer it shows critical error Kernel Power 41 with no bug report or any indication of actually cause. It happened twice when I was gaming and once while...
  9. My pc keeps restarting without warning.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc keeps restarting without warning.: When I do some work on my pc for 15 minutes or so, it suddenly restarts without any warning. I've already tried to disable the automatic restart, but that doesn't seem to work. I've also tried moving the plug, but that doesn't seem to be the case. On the pc case, it shows a...
  10. Restarting without warning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting without warning: Sometimes when just watching a video on youtube, my Pc will restart. No blue screen, no errors. Where should I look to find out whats causing it? I'm pretty sure its not overheating because the temps average out at 40 celcius for gpu and cpu, well below their max. submitted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc freezes without warning power issue