Windows 10: PC freezing after exiting games

Discus and support PC freezing after exiting games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I recently have been having issues with my PC freezing when exiting games. It doesnt feeeze everytime i exit a game but it freezes about once or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BigE125, Dec 2, 2020.

1. BigE125 Win User

PC freezing after exiting games

Hello, I recently have been having issues with my PC freezing when exiting games. It doesnt feeeze everytime i exit a game but it freezes about once or twice a day depending on how much time i have to play. At the suggestion of windows support i've already run system file checker that has found and repaired any issues, and Windows Memory Diagnostic, which found no issues. Anytime it's a steam game that i exit and it crashes it prompts me to accept a EULA or may even ask me to install the game again even though its still installed and just has to rediscover it. Thank you for any help in advance!

:)

BigE125, Dec 2, 2020

2. Freezing when exiting game

Hi all

Like the title says, i freeze when exiting 3d games. I have set my AtiTool to underclock my x1600 mobility during 2d mode and upon 3d games automatically run the maximum clock speeds. However i found that when i exit the game the graphics card is sometimes unable to readjust itself back into 2d mode clocks. My theory is that the change in clock speeds is too abrupt for the video card to handle, since i can run in 2d mode with the clocks just fine and stable.

Might i suggest that AtiTool bring up an option for setting clock speeds more gently/ slower for great changes in clocks.

PS I am running on my Asus A6J with
    default clock speeds (3d game mode) of 455 Mhz core and 355 Mhz mem
    2d mode clocks 125 Mhz core and 125 Mhz mem

csterrorist, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Minecraft freezes gaming PC

Hi,

We have here a thread Windows 10 freezes when playing games
    related to your concern. We suggest that you go through the steps provided by
    Roger Lu.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Dec 2, 2020
  4. dougal54 Win User

Age of Empires 3 freezes the computer when I try to exit the game

Tried everything suggested, looking for and downloading patches, up dating the version, run trouble shooter and it fixed a compatibility problem, but sadly it continues to freeze at the point of exiting the game, very very frustrating because apart from
    that the game runs extremely well.

dougal54, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

1. PC freezing after exiting games - Similar Threads - freezing exiting games

2. Computer freezes after exiting games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes after exiting games: Hi! Starting from about a month ago, my newish 3 month old PC starts freezing after I close a game. I've also made it happen by running a 3DMark benchmark, but that app cycles through multiple benchmarks, so it could be the same effect.The freeze happens a few seconds 1-30s...
  3. Computer freezes after exiting games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes after exiting games: Hi! Starting from about a month ago, my newish 3 month old PC starts freezing after I close a game. I've also made it happen by running a 3DMark benchmark, but that app cycles through multiple benchmarks, so it could be the same effect.The freeze happens a few seconds 1-30s...
  4. Pc freezing after closing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezing after closing games: My pc crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes never. The crashes/freezes come in a few forms. Most often the screen will freeze and the system is unresponsive, sound stops etc. Sometimes the screen will turn...
  5. Pc freezing after closing games

Pc freezing after closing games: My pc crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes never. The crashes/freezes come in a few forms. Most often the screen will freeze and the system is unresponsive, sound stops etc. Sometimes the screen will turn...
  6. BSOD after exiting a game

BSOD after exiting a game: Hi everyone,I keep getting BSOD after exiting games. I ran a memtest and no error came out. BSOD as per below. I have updated my drivers to the latest but I'm not sure why they keep appearing.Here's the link to my minidump...
  7. BSOD after exiting a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after exiting a game: Hi everyone,I keep getting BSOD after exiting games. I ran a memtest and no error came out. BSOD as per below. I have updated my drivers to the latest but I'm not sure why they keep appearing.Here's the link to my minidump...
  8. BSOD after exiting a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. BSOD after exit game.

BSOD after exit game.: Hi, Recently I have BSOD (Critical Process Die) very often after exit/quit games and these only occurs with Rainbow Six, Escape From Tarkov and Black Desert Online. Please help me. Thank you very much Winver 1903 Here is my link to my log file :...
  10. BSOD after exiting games

BSOD after exiting games: This very same BSOD is back again :/ Last time, it used to freeze everything and then crash. Now, after exiting a game, the screen turns black and flickers from being turned on to off. Then it greets me with a very nice BSOD, with either VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE or...