Windows 10: PC Freezing after playing games force shut down

Discus and support PC Freezing after playing games force shut down in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; First of all my specs:ProcessorIntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHzVideo CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Operating SystemWindows 10RAM16 GBI dont know what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dumitru Alexandru, Jul 10, 2023.

1. PC Freezing after playing games force shut down

First of all my specsPC Freezing after playing games force shut down :processorIntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHzVideo CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Operating SystemWindows 10RAM16 GBI dont know what to do, im playing games like for 1 hour then randomly it crashes. No sound, my monitor is stop working and the only thing i can do is to shut down forced on button. When i try to start de computer the keyboard is working, mouse too and the monitor is the only one component that remains off. Only thing i can do to make the monitor working is to unplug and plug back the power cable. After all of this the pc is up, and after that if i play 10 m

:)

Dumitru Alexandru, Jul 10, 2023
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Can't play Hit It Rich game and system freezes

Hi carmenstanley1,

Thank you for your response.

I can understand how frustrating it would be. This issue might be due to corrupted profile or if the game is not installed completely. I suggest you to follow these steps and let us know if it works.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried playing this game on other browser (Google chrome or Mozilla) and check for the issue?

Step 1: Uninstall or Repair the game.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Right click on the Hit it Rich app > Select Repair or uninstall it.
    4. Reinstall the application and check for the issue.

Step 2: Create a new local account.

The reason might be due to user account corruption, so I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account’
    and check if the issue persists.

Note: You will not see all your files under your default file location.
    So your data will be saved under C:\Users\User_name.

If you are facing issues with freezing, I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps on
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 10, 2023
  3. Minecraft freezes gaming PC

Hi,

We have here a thread Windows 10 freezes when playing games
    related to your concern. We suggest that you go through the steps provided by
    Roger Lu.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Jul 10, 2023
  4. Madpoli Win User

PC Freezing after playing games force shut down

PC freezes while shutting down/restarting, have to force shut down

Basically after just a few seconds of shutting down/restarting the PC just completely freezes with the spinning circle stopping and it never shuts down until I force shut down. This has been happening for a few days now.

I have tried to look up solutions myself but every video I've seen on the issue the spinning circle keeps going rather than freezing so I think my problem might be different.

I tried basic stuff like sfc /scannow, chkdsk /f, dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, and also in gpedit I enabled the highly detailed status messages but the only text that shows before it freezes is shutting down/restarting so I can't figure out where it's having problems shutting down. Looked in the event viewer as well even after waiting over a half hour at the frozen screen but I can't see anything obvious that sticks out, in both the application and system sections.

However in safe mode I'm able to shut down/restart normally, so perhaps it could point to a software issue?

UPDATE: I also asked this question on reddit and someone suggested that it could be a BIOS update that I recently installed because he has seen several HP PCs that had the problem with failed shutdowns. I don't know how I can go about reverting the update or perhaps I can factory reset BIOS?

I tried to recover the BIOS with Win + B and holding the power button for 2-3 seconds like it says to do for HP and although it said it recovered the BIOS, it didn't revert the version back to default so I'm still having this issue. No guarantees it would solve the issue but I think it's likely, any suggestions?

Madpoli, Jul 10, 2023
Thema:

PC Freezing after playing games force shut down

1. PC Freezing after playing games force shut down - Similar Threads - Freezing playing games

2. New Pc Lagging After Force Shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Pc Lagging After Force Shut down: I Had brought a Lenovo Refurbished PC from Amazon All was Going Fine Till One day I accidently Force Shut It down. Then when I tried to Turn it back on it showed No OS found Very Worried I told my father He Burnt a Flash Drive with Windows 10 ISO image then I installed It on...
  3. PC Shutting down while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Shutting down while playing games: My PC will randomly start shutting down when I'm playing most games Rocket League, Rust, Payday3, Cult of the Lamb. I tried troubleshooting with EventViewer to see any problems but the only reports I get are DistributedCOM events which seemingly don't mean anything. I'm...
  4. PC Shutting down while playing games

PC Shutting down while playing games: My PC will randomly start shutting down when I'm playing most games Rocket League, Rust, Payday3, Cult of the Lamb. I tried troubleshooting with EventViewer to see any problems but the only reports I get are DistributedCOM events which seemingly don't mean anything. I'm...
  5. PC Freezing after playing games force shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezing after playing games force shut down: First of all my specs:ProcessorIntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHzVideo CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Operating SystemWindows 10RAM16 GBI dont know what to do, im playing games like for 1 hour then randomly it crashes. No sound, my monitor is stop working and the only thing i...
  6. PC Freezing after playing games force shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezing after playing games force shut down: First of all my specs:ProcessorIntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHzVideo CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Operating SystemWindows 10RAM16 GBI dont know what to do, im playing games like for 1 hour then randomly it crashes. No sound, my monitor is stop working and the only thing i...
  7. Windows 11 PC freezes/shuts down when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC freezes/shuts down when playing games.: Hello, I'm having problems with my pc. When i run games like Fallout 4, COD 4 MW Remastered, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Wolfenstein: YoungBlood, my computer locks up then reboots. I've already tried disabling Game dvr/Xbox dvr. I've updated my graphics driver, my OS, Windows...
  8. Windows 11 PC freezes/shuts down when playing games.

Windows 11 PC freezes/shuts down when playing games.: Hello, I'm having problems with my pc. When i run games like Fallout 4, COD 4 MW Remastered, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Wolfenstein: YoungBlood, my computer locks up then reboots. I've already tried disabling Game dvr/Xbox dvr. I've updated my graphics driver, my OS, Windows...
  9. PC suddenly shuts down after playing Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC suddenly shuts down after playing Games: Whenever I'm playing games or live streaming, my pc suddenly shuts off on its own. It frequently turns off when I'm doing specific actions Such as using abilities in valorant, or oepning doors and tacking pictures in phazmophobia. But I don't have any issues when i am just...
  10. Can't startup after freeze and force shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't startup after freeze and force shut down: Windows 10 froze suddenly when I went through the search results tabs of a search done on torrent-finder.info. I was using Firefox (latest version). My fear is that I may have come across a dodgy website which caused the freeze. My Keepass Passwords Database was open at the...