Windows 10: PC Freezing and black screen

Discus and support PC Freezing and black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, i've been getting these problems kinda alot these days, it started like 3 weeks ago when i had my online school, so basically anytime i launch a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Elmzo, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Elmzo Win User

PC Freezing and black screen

So, i've been getting these problems kinda alot these days, it started like 3 weeks ago when i had my online school,

so basically anytime i launch a game, and also sometimes when i just start my computer, the screen freezes. After waiting like 20 seconds the screen goes completely black, idk where can be the problem uhh, i'm thinking the graphics card but i seriously don't know....

also sometimes i get like these lags, when i move my mouse the screen lags for like 3 seconds and after that the mouse moves, freezes again, moves again, and it repeats until i just restart the computer.

here are my specs:

CPU : ryzen 3 1200

GPU : MSI RX 570 ARMOR MK2 OC

MOTHERBOARD : MSI A320M PRO-M2 V2 MS-7B84

MEMORY : 8gb 2666 mhz

PSU : 550W

:)

Elmzo, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Nova Win User

New laptop hardlock with black screen

I have a new notebook, running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, which is randomly freezing, showing a black screen. System specs:

• intel core i5
    • HD is an SDD, 250GB
    • GPU: Intel HD graphics 620
    Symptoms:

• happens randomly, related to no particular reason, time of the day, and programs running
    • when freezes, the notebook screen is "active" (back light is on) but completely black; external monitor, connected via HDMI, is black as well
    • when freezes, no key input is responding. I tried to press "CAPS Lock", which has a led on it, and the led is not toggling
    • I noticed I can keep the PC on for several days, without any problem. It always freezes whenever I'm actively using it
    What I already tried:

• reinstall Windows from scratch (even starting from an external USB drive)
    • run windows in "clean boot" mode (all non-MS services disabled, all startup programs disabled)
    • update the BIOS, and all "relevant" drivers (GPU, System Firmware, network interface, bluetooth, ...) of the PC to the latest version
    • testing the memory with MemTest86+: no issues, after several steps
    • stressing the GPU with FurMark: reached quite an high temperature (70°), but no issues
    • stressing the CPU with IntelBurnTest: reached quite an high temperature (70°), but no issues
    Now, I would guess it's an hardware problem, but the strange thing is that we ordered 6 identical PCs, and this is happening on 4 of them. Therefore, for "statistical" reasons, we don't think it could be possible that all of them shows an HW issue... It only happens with a different rate from one PC to another (for instance, happens daily on my PC, and once a week on another)
    Any idea on how to investigate this issue further?
    Any test / improvement I can do?

Nova, Mar 3, 2021
  3. black screen

Hi Ken,

Black screen usually occurs to a Windows device if the system detected that there are some damaged drivers. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the hardware of the PC before this issue occurred?
    • Did you encounter any error messages or error codes along with the black screen?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    link. The link serves as a guide on how to address black screen issue.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 3, 2021
  4. PC Freezing and black screen

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

PC Freezing and black screen

1. PC Freezing and black screen - Similar Threads - Freezing black screen

2. My PC freezes or black screens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC freezes or black screens.: As per the title, it only does it once every day when I boot it up and usually happens when I'm on chrome or on a game. After a hard reset of my computer then it will work perfectly fine with no issues until the next day when I boot it up again.Apparently it was due to some...
  3. My PC freezes or black screens.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC freezes or black screens.: As per the title, it only does it once every day when I boot it up and usually happens when I'm on chrome or on a game. After a hard reset of my computer then it will work perfectly fine with no issues until the next day when I boot it up again.Apparently it was due to some...
  4. My PC freezes or black screens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black: Hi Everyone, Im asking this mostly because im afraid im destroying my gpu.Ive been having problems with my screen going black/ randomly freezing in a lot of scenarios, at startup it oftenly turns one or more of my screens off and then on again, while watching shows of vlc it...
  6. PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black: This afternoon, my monitor screen went black and the PC was unresponsive. No keyboard response either. I shut it off and back on again. It lasted about 4-5 minutes and happened again. This cycle has been going on for several hours, over and over. I updated my video drivers...
  7. PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black: This afternoon, my monitor screen went black and the PC was unresponsive. No keyboard response either. I shut it off and back on again. It lasted about 4-5 minutes and happened again. This cycle has been going on for several hours, over and over. I updated my video drivers...
  8. PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black

9. Black Screen and Freezing

Black Screen and Freezing: Hello Long after startup when my computer is just running applications will suddenly be Not Responding and the screen will go black, but does eventually load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-and-freezing/69e80997-de94-4bcd-9daa-f5fb3415ea6c
  10. Black screen freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen freeze: When I launch a game I have to wait like a minute until it launches after that a black screen appears, no sound and i cant do anything. I tried pressing windows key l, alt tabbing, ctrl+alt+delete, alt+f4 nothing helps only power button. I have all the latest drivers, did a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my pc got freeze and black screen

2. windows 10 freezes after login gpu running black screen