Windows 10: PC freezing and monitor turning off

Discus and support PC freezing and monitor turning off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sometimes at random my PC freezes, and then about 10 seconds later the monitor turns off. It often isn't under much pressure (about 5 browser tabs and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/georgelamb1234, Apr 13, 2020.

1. PC freezing and monitor turning off

Sometimes at random my PC freezes, and then about 10 seconds later the monitor turns off. It often isn't under much pressure (about 5 browser tabs and a text editor), it hasn't happened while gaming. The only way to recover it is to press the reset button, and it reboots and starts up like normal. It's not a bad PC either (ryzen 5 2600, 16GB RAM, Radeon RX 570). Its about 5 months old. What is happening? How can I fix it? I know it is an issue with Windows because it never happens when I'm using my Ubuntu partition

submitted by /u/georgelamb1234
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/georgelamb1234, Apr 13, 2020

2. 2nd and 3rd monitors freezing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how annoying it can be when the monitors freezes at the middle of some work. Thanks for the information provided by you on the post.
    To understand the issue better, we need some information.

• Did you observe any changes to the system recently, such as Updates to driver or Windows?
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the make and model of the all the three monitors?
    • How the other 2 monitors connected to the PC?

However, you can try the steps below and check if it works for you.

Device Drivers settings.

1. Press Windows + X key from the keyboard and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display device. Right click on the device listed and select
      Update drivers
    3. You will receive a prompt
      Search automatically for Updated driver
    4. Restart the PC and then check if the Monitor 2 & 3 freezes after sleep.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 13, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

PC freezing and monitor turning off

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

PC freezing and monitor turning off

1. PC freezing and monitor turning off - Similar Threads - freezing monitor turning

2. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  3. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  4. pc freezes and everything turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc freezes and everything turns off: Last year during Christmas i got a new pre built nzxt computer and a few months later i got a app called wall paper engine off of steam and then after that every time I try loading into a game my screen freezes and my keyboard and mic sometimes mouse turns off but the pc...
  5. pc freezes and everything turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc freezes and everything turns off: Last year during Christmas i got a new pre built nzxt computer and a few months later i got a app called wall paper engine off of steam and then after that every time I try loading into a game my screen freezes and my keyboard and mic sometimes mouse turns off but the pc...
  6. Monitors turning off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors turning off.: Hello! I am using 2 monitors on my RX480 8 gb GPU. But recently i got a problem, randomly, my monitors are going black and they have no response, i can still hear everything but I cannot see anything either. I tried using the shortcut to reset the graphics driver but still...
  7. turn monitor off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    turn monitor off: How to turn monitor off imediatelly after pc boot up so it's not On for 20 minutes after pc boots up. I don't want to change power settings because for the rest of the time it should be like it is in settings it turns off after 20 minutes of inactivity. I tried nircmd and...
  8. Monitor Not Turning Off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Not Turning Off: Recently whenever I lock my computer my left monitor turns off when it sleeps, but my main monitor just goes black and stays on. Is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/Bland_Biscuit [link] [comments]...
  9. Pc won’t turn off monitor won’t turn on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc won’t turn off monitor won’t turn on: Monitor won’t turn on and computer won’t turn off I have a computer that runs on windows 10, this morning I saw that the computer was still running so I went to turn it off but it wouldn’t stop. I went to turn on the monitor but that wouldn’t turn on. I’ve unplugged the...
  10. Monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off: This happened sometimes in Windows 8.1 and still happens in Windows 10. I went into settings and changed when to turn off monitor to never and put this computer to sleep to never so why does the monitor turn off after no activity anyway? 11252