Windows 10: PC Freezing and/or Random Rebooting

Discus and support PC Freezing and/or Random Rebooting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello All, Trying to determine if I have a Software or Hardware problem. Have exhausted my knowledge base and am now extending a hand, requesting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DonGallaher, Nov 28, 2020.

1. PC Freezing and/or Random Rebooting

Hello All,

Trying to determine if I have a Software or Hardware problem. Have exhausted my knowledge base and am now extending a hand, requesting help.

I have an HP-PC circa 2006 64bit, Windows 10 Home, Upgraded from Win 7, a few times. Recently been having full PC Freeze-Ups, nothing would bring it back to life. No action trying to turn Caps Lock On/Off, no lights changed. Only thing to do, Power Off, Power On, Reboot.

At other times it will just reboot for no apparent reason.

Observations:

Freeze-Ups generally occur during medium to heavy video or screen activity, however I do not remember having one streaming videos on my HDD.

Reboots seem to be totally random, but generally if I am working with or between 2 or 3 screens.

Typing in apps sometimes lags back, slow to display to screen.

Windows Device Manager shows Yellow Exclamation marks on

Display adaptors

NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 <my Video Card

Storage controllers

Intel Chipset SATA RAID Controller

Microsoft Storage Space Controller

Sorry for long-winded explanation, but does anybody recognize my problems?

Can they be fixed or is it time to retire this old bird?

Thanks, Don

:)

DonGallaher, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Reboot random in my PC

Hi Diego,

We need to gather more information for us to better assist you on your random reboot concern. Kindly answer the following:

• When did the random reboot issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Are you encountering a blue screen error when your computer suddenly reboots? If so, what is the error message that you're getting?

Argel Obm, Nov 28, 2020
  3. TIGR Win User
    Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

4. PC Freezing and/or Random Rebooting

Random Reboots

I've had, as the title suggests, random reboots for the length of the time since I've built my computer (2 years roughly) and they're completely inexplicable.

It happens under no load, high load, watching movies, listening to music, playing games, browsing the web, sitting by itself in the room when the my sleeping monitor is even saying WTF?!

There aren't any Events to view other than the usual 0xC*D event when the service just shrugs at me.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Maybe someone has had the same problem before and it was just a loose molex connection? I'm baffled.

xstayxtruex, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

PC Freezing and/or Random Rebooting

1. PC Freezing and/or Random Rebooting - Similar Threads - Freezing Random Rebooting

2. Pc is freezing randomly and reboots sometimes when it's freezed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc is freezing randomly and reboots sometimes when it's freezed.: My laptop is Asus tuf F15. It's windows 10 latest version. The issue comes while browsing, youtubing or watching a movie in VLC. I'm facing this issue from last 2 weeks. I had upgraded my RAM around 1 month ago. No BSOD or any errors shown. Please help....
  3. Pc is freezing randomly and reboots sometimes when it's freezed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc is freezing randomly and reboots sometimes when it's freezed.: My laptop is Asus tuf F15. It's windows 10 latest version. The issue comes while browsing, youtubing or watching a movie in VLC. I'm facing this issue from last 2 weeks. I had upgraded my RAM around 1 month ago. No BSOD or any errors shown. Please help....
  4. Pc is freezing randomly and reboots sometimes when it's freezed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random pc freezes and reboots.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random pc freezes and reboots.: Hello ,My pc reboots or freezes all of a sudden . When I check event logs I see these type of errors and a lot of them . I don't get errors every time pc crashes . Here is the full description of errors.Log Name: System Source: nvlddmkm Date: 10-05-2022 19:13:00 Event ID: 14...
  6. Random pc freezes and reboots.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random pc freezes and reboots.: Hello ,My pc reboots or freezes all of a sudden . When I check event logs I see these type of errors and a lot of them . I don't get errors every time pc crashes . Here is the full description of errors.Log Name: System Source: nvlddmkm Date: 10-05-2022 19:13:00 Event ID: 14...
  7. Random pc freezes and reboots.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. freezing and random reboots

freezing and random reboots: hi I have had a problem since the creators update. the computer started random reboot for awhile then stopped . I had had bought a new game rome 2 and it was crashing and now I know it is not just the game but my computer is freezing just watching yutube videos or gaming....
  9. Freeze Reboot - Randomly

Freeze Reboot - Randomly: My computer randomly reboot and I can't figure out why. It's running Windows 10. Can anybody check my loads to see what going on are if I have a bad driver? I upgrade all the drivers and still can't think of any problems. 62475
  10. Random freeze and reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freeze and reboot: Hi , hope someone can help. Had a PC for a while, upgraded parts as and when necessary. Recently replaced my hard drives with an ssd and hard drive. Now when I install windows 10 it installs fine onto the ssd. Then I installed the gfx card drivers (nvidia 355). Seemed...