Windows 10: PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes

Discus and support PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I've been having this issue for a while and it has resurfaced once again. After checking the windows reliability monitor I am met with these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MFM LeGeNdZz, Oct 2, 2022.

1. PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes

Hello,I've been having this issue for a while and it has resurfaced once again. After checking the windows reliability monitor I am met with these issues:The hardware errors I do not know how to solve. However I believe them to be associated to my graphics card, as the issues cease entirely if I use outdated graphics drivers supplied by Nvidia, as for how old, by my trial and error approx March 2021, I don't mind using this driver as even modern games dont have issues with it, however it would be nice to solve it before it becomes a problem that needs fixing. Anything past March 2021 in relati

:)

MFM LeGeNdZz, Oct 2, 2022
  2. TKX
    tkx Win User

PC freezing for ~2 minutes, then restarts. happening often

Sorry I just tried to follow instructions
    PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes [​IMG]

If it happens again I'll definitely open up the case and inspect but hoping the recent Windows updates I uninstalled have something to do with it.

3. 邱风 Win User
    PC freezes randomly after running 2-3 hours

Hi.

My PC starts freezes about 0.5 sec randomly after running 2-3 hours, no matter if I was gaming or watching videos.

Restart the PC can normally solve the issue (it does not always work, but it seems " shut down " then turn on PC has a higher chance of solving this issue compare to " restart".) Since restart sometimes solves the problem, I assume it should not be a overheating
    issue.

I have no idea if it is a system issue or hardware issue. I have tried updating all the drivers, but it does not work. I used Dell system diagnose, but it suggest all hardware are fine.

Can anyone suggest how can I fix this issue?

Regards,

Feng,

邱风, Oct 2, 2022
  4. trane251 Win User

PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes

Automatic Restart Every 2 Minutes

Hi All,

About 5 days ago I received a BSOD but I cannot remember what it was for (It may have been a Power State Failure). I would get the BSOD and then the computer would restart.
    • I uninstalled the latest Microsoft Update (I believe it was a Security update). BSOD problem went away
    • 2 days later my computer will turn on for about 2 minutes and then restart. About 2 seconds prior to the restart my cursor will freeze
    • I tried to do a system restore but it did not complete
    • Computer will not boot into Safe Mode (just hangs on the computer logo, Lenova)
    • I am suspecting a potential virus due to being overseas and on an open network at the hotel. I did use a U.S. VPN when on the internet. I also downloaded some torrents, TV Shows, prior to the trip. Yes....a very bad idea
    • I have not posted in a virus forum...this is my first one.

Thank you for the assistance.

trane251, Oct 2, 2022
Thema:

PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes

1. PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes - Similar Threads - freezing restarting minutes

2. Windows Taskbar freezes. the PC restarts after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Taskbar freezes. the PC restarts after 5 minutes: Hi there,I've recently built a new PC and noticed that my computer would start freezing and restarting randomly. It happened at around 4am when the computer wasn't in use and then has happened twice on seperate days while working on my PC. I noticed that the taskbar and my...
  3. PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes

PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes: Hello,I've been having this issue for a while and it has resurfaced once again. After checking the windows reliability monitor I am met with these issues:The hardware errors I do not know how to solve. However I believe them to be associated to my graphics card, as the issues...
  4. Laptop Freezes after 3 minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Freezes after 3 minutes.: Windows freezes after 2-3 mins whether or not I use it. Installed a fresh copy of windows with factory rest still the same issue persist. I need my pc for work, would appreciate your help greatly....
  5. Laptop Freezes after 3 minutes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Freezes after 3 minutes.: Windows freezes after 2-3 mins whether or not I use it. Installed a fresh copy of windows with factory rest still the same issue persist. I need my pc for work, would appreciate your help greatly....
  6. Laptop Freezes after 3 minutes.

7. Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes: Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22000.527, time stamp: 0x59dc9944Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0x00e78ce9Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x000000000007dd7eFaulting process id: 0x2648Faulting application...
  8. Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes

Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes: Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22000.527, time stamp: 0x59dc9944Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0x00e78ce9Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x000000000007dd7eFaulting process id: 0x2648Faulting application...
  9. PC freezing for ~2 minutes, then restarts. happening often

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezing for ~2 minutes, then restarts. happening often: Since moving with my computer to a new apartment (unsure if related but including all the details), it's been doing this strange thing where it freezes up, the cursor disappears, and after a minute or two it shuts off and restarts. There is no BSOD, but it's creating a memory...
  10. Screen Goes Black For 2-3 Minutes After Startup/Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Goes Black For 2-3 Minutes After Startup/Restart: Upon reaching the desktop after a restart or startup, my screen goes completely black for 2-3 minutes. After that, the desktop appears again and everything works as expected – although some system tray items continue to load. This is not an intermittent thing - it happens...