Windows 10: PC freezing and shutting down or BSOD on different tasks

Discus and support PC freezing and shutting down or BSOD on different tasks in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, im having some issues lately with my computer freezing or suddenly showing a blue screen of death after a few tasks.Usually when im using After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brnss, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Brnss Win User

PC freezing and shutting down or BSOD on different tasks

Hi, im having some issues lately with my computer freezing or suddenly showing a blue screen of death after a few tasks.Usually when im using After Effects or Adobe Premiere with heavy files/effects the computer suddenly freezes for a few seconds and then reinitializes or shows a BSOD code.It doesn't happen at all while gaming, so its kinda weird.The computer has a Ryzen 7 3800x and a RTX 2060 tried both gaming drivers and studio drivers, they both presented the same issue.The event viewer showed the following:- System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331c

:)

Brnss, Nov 24, 2022
  2. airbud7 Win User

New Homebuild freezing and BSOD

So you are saying a PSU can never cause a computer to Freeze/BSOD...???

airbud7, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Yo_Wattup Win User
    New Homebuild freezing and BSOD

Freezing and bsods. Not shutting down. Please read the OP. Big difference between freezing and shutting down.

Yo_Wattup, Nov 24, 2022
  4. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

1. PC freezing and shutting down or BSOD on different tasks - Similar Threads - freezing shutting down

2. PC freezes and shuts down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes and shuts down: I installed a new CPU and motherboard and have been getting an issue where the PC randomly shutsdown and I don't udnerstand where the problem is. The dump file data is included belowWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the...
  3. PC freezes and shuts down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes and shuts down: I installed a new CPU and motherboard and have been getting an issue where the PC randomly shutsdown and I don't udnerstand where the problem is. The dump file data is included belowWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the...
  4. PC shut down and freezing problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shut down and freezing problem: Hi,My pc is facing a weird problem:1 It does not running on 3200 mhz , I have enabled it manually multiple times but my pc just shuts down and it alway revert back to 2133 mhz and enable core performance boost I dont prefer it because it get preety hot nad i dont have good...
  5. PC shut down and freezing problem

PC shut down and freezing problem: Hi,My pc is facing a weird problem:1 It does not running on 3200 mhz , I have enabled it manually multiple times but my pc just shuts down and it alway revert back to 2133 mhz and enable core performance boost I dont prefer it because it get preety hot nad i dont have good...
  6. PC shut down and freezing problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. freezing and shutting down.

freezing and shutting down.: I have windows 11. My computer is frequently freezing and or on occasion it just shuts down without notice or pattern. Sometimes i must do a hard reboot as the task manager wont reset. Or when i go to my task manager i see so many programs running and have no idea what they...
  8. PC freezing and shutting down or BSOD on different tasks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing and shutting down or BSOD on different tasks: Hi, im having some issues lately with my computer freezing or suddenly showing a blue screen of death after a few tasks.Usually when im using After Effects or Adobe Premiere with heavy files/effects the computer suddenly freezes for a few seconds and then reinitializes or...
  9. shuts down as it freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    shuts down as it freezes: I can only have it up for 5 min maybe. Then it freezes up, after a few moments it shuts it self off and need to restart. This computer is not used very much at all. I am a Senior, and use it to pay bills, and shop once in a while....
  10. Cursor Freezes and PC Shuts Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor Freezes and PC Shuts Down: I could find nothing in the update which indicated a problem. Since the occurrence is so rare I'll take a wait and see approach for now.