Windows 10: PC freezing and SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M bsod

Discus and support PC freezing and SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M bsod in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, As the title says my pc will randomly freeze and give me the SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M blue screen of death. I've uploaded the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ForbiddenTitan, Feb 1, 2021.

1. PC freezing and SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M bsod

Hello,

As the title says my pc will randomly freeze and give me the [COLOR=rgba30, 30, 30, 1]SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M blue screen of death. I've uploaded the dump files created by the last BSOD. I have had previous crashes but these files have been deleted somehow. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba30, 30, 30, 1]I am also having issues updating to Windows 10, version 20H2 - Error 0x8007001f if this has anything to do with it.[/COLOR]

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13q7AgJlV6WvDhO-GFWHxv2yitZBh8nzq?usp=sharing

:)

ForbiddenTitan, Feb 1, 2021
  2. NetSurfer Win User

BSOD and freezing

Yesterday I started up my laptop from hibernating and it freezes, after restarting several times I get a BSOD which freezed on the BSOD one time.
    After restarting again the laptop freezed at the Welcome screen.
    I have had the freezing before, it was gone for about 2 months.
    I did not install any new hardware.
    Now it seems to run fine again.

But what is causing the freezing and the BSOD?
    I bought this laptop last January.

NetSurfer, Feb 1, 2021
  3. epso-sage Win User
    BSOD Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

I have been having several BSOD recently and have reinstalled windows a few times but have been getting the Error:
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

I have a crash report of:

On Mon 8/7/2017 4:31:47 PM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080717-7781-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0xCB5D8)

Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF800A9B5B5D8, 0xFFFFBC8125F8AA28, 0xFFFFBC8125F8A270)

Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 8/7/2017 4:31:47 PM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)

Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF800A9B5B5D8, 0xFFFFBC8125F8AA28, 0xFFFFBC8125F8A270)

Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 8/7/2017 1:23:30 PM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080717-7906-01.dmp

Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8018394B5D8, 0xFFFFA500C6488A28, 0xFFFFA500C6488270)

Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Thu 8/3/2017 3:33:48 PM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080317-9781-01.dmp

Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8012635B5D8, 0xFFFFCB0149BF5A28, 0xFFFFCB0149BF5270)

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Thank you

epso-sage, Feb 1, 2021
  4. airbud7 Win User

PC freezing and SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M bsod

New Homebuild freezing and BSOD

So you are saying a PSU can never cause a computer to Freeze/BSOD...???

airbud7, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

PC freezing and SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M bsod

1. PC freezing and SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M bsod - Similar Threads - freezing SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M bsod

2. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M BSOD: Here is my dump file. I could not pinpoint any cause of failure. Help is appreciated.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XJUth_utSVbbfaSUb1XMf60ZEVjPM-f3/view?usp=sharing...
  3. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M BSOD: Here is my dump file. I could not pinpoint any cause of failure. Help is appreciated.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XJUth_utSVbbfaSUb1XMf60ZEVjPM-f3/view?usp=sharing...
  4. BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M 1000007e

BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M 1000007e: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\060623-27453-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available************* Path validation summary...
  5. BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M nvlddmkm.sys: Hello,i have problem with laptop DELL Precision 7730.from time to time bluescreens appear despite the installation of a new system.. dump name in attachmed '033023-19406-01'components disk, ram have been checked and tested no found errors i tried all possible ways but nothing...
  6. BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M: There are only two things I recently changed.Shrink D: to expand C:. C: cannot expand. Expand D: to original size.Add extra 2 two sticks of 8GB ram, mismatch frequency but BIOS set DRAM speed to the lowest speed. 8Gb 3600Mhz+ 8Gb 3200Mhz. Is there any additional steps when...
  7. BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M: There are only two things I recently changed.Shrink D: to expand C:. C: cannot expand. Expand D: to original size.Add extra 2 two sticks of 8GB ram, mismatch frequency but BIOS set DRAM speed to the lowest speed. 8Gb 3600Mhz+ 8Gb 3200Mhz. Is there any additional steps when...
  8. BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

9. BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M 1000007e

BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M 1000007e: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.21306.1007 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\041421-18953-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is: srv*...
  10. BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)

BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e): Hello All, Laptop has occasional BSODs. They seem fairly random, every 1-2 days. I think they are related to the intel drivers. I have tried various versions, both from intel and from dell. None seem to fix the issue. Every other driver is updated, as recommended by dell's...