Windows 10: PC freezing and then restarting randomly - BSOD

Discus and support PC freezing and then restarting randomly - BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've got an issue where my PC would randomly freeze and then restart itself. This happens no matter whether I'm using it for intense processing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Brandon.5, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Brandon.5 Win User

PC freezing and then restarting randomly - BSOD

Hi,

I've got an issue where my PC would randomly freeze and then restart itself. This happens no matter whether I'm using it for intense processing or just idling. Today it finally managed to produce a dump file with the file causing the issue. Ntoskrnl.exe+487a98.

Googling that exact name doesn't yield very helpful results. I suspect it's a driver issue, but it'd be nice to be sure.

Windows 10 Home, 10.0.19041 Build 19041

Regards

Brandon

:)

Brandon.5, Oct 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Oct 22, 2020
  3. NetSurfer Win User
    BSOD and freezing

Yesterday I started up my laptop from hibernating and it freezes, after restarting several times I get a BSOD which freezed on the BSOD one time.
    After restarting again the laptop freezed at the Welcome screen.
    I have had the freezing before, it was gone for about 2 months.
    I did not install any new hardware.
    Now it seems to run fine again.

But what is causing the freezing and the BSOD?
    I bought this laptop last January.

NetSurfer, Oct 22, 2020
  4. ObSo-1337 Win User

PC randomly freezing

Hey TPU, i give you a challenge. Lately my computer has been freezing for no reason (or so i think) I have noticed that it happens mostly when im playing CounterStrikeSource and Left 4 Dead 2. Just to let you know, its not freezing that happens for a couple of seconds, its a full on, "your computer needs to be restarted" type of freezing.

64 bit windows 7
    XFX 4890 XT @900/1000
    AMD X4 II @ 3 Ghz
    4 corsair 800mhz DDR2 Ram

Any suggestions or input?

ObSo-1337, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

1. PC freezing and then restarting randomly - BSOD - Similar Threads - freezing restarting randomly

2. PC restarts randomly with no bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC restarts randomly with no bsod: Hello, for the past month my pc restarts randomly with no bsod. It happens when im playing games mostly , doesnt matter which. I bought a UPS thinking it was power fluctuations but that is not the case. I've attached the event....
  3. Pc randomly freezing and restarting

Pc randomly freezing and restarting: Hi my PC has been randomly crashing and restarting for a month and I have no idea what to do. No viruses are causing it as I have scanned my PC multiple times with windows defender and Trojan remover and just did a fresh re install of windows 10 last week to no avail. More...
  4. Random BSOD and freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD and freezing: I purchased a PC a month or so ago and have been experiencing random BSOD and freezing. It seems to happen any time as I can't find a trigger. I'm not doing anything specific other than every day use. The BSOD seems to happen at least a couple times a week and the freezing,...
  5. Pc randomly freezing and restarting

Pc randomly freezing and restarting: Hi my PC has been randomly crashing and restarting for a month and I have no idea what to do. No viruses are causing it as I have scanned my PC multiple times with windows defender and Trojan remover and just did a fresh re install of windows 10 last week to no avail. More...
  6. PC freezes randomly without BSoD

in Windows 10 Support
    PC freezes randomly without BSoD: Hello, My PC started randomly freezing without Blue Screen. I believe it's started in August: some day when I started a game (Shadow of the Tomb Raider) it didn't start. I was wondering what happened (I went to the another room thinking that game will load in that time, so...
  7. My PC keeps freezing, BSOD, and random restarting.

My PC keeps freezing, BSOD, and random restarting.: I built a new PC in February and in seems pretty unstable. It keeps crashing. I sometimes get BSOD with error "an unexpected error has occurred" and sometimes I get freezes or reboots. i have windows 10 education. The Minidump folder is empty but I have my system and...
  8. Random BSOD, freezing, and/or restarting

Random BSOD, freezing, and/or restarting: I recently replaced the mobo and the CPU on this system. I am getting BSOD and/or the computer randomly freeze or restart on its own. I did run the computer in safe mode for a whole day and did not have any of the aforementioned issues. Thank you for the help. 28683
  9. Random Freezes/BSoDs?

Random Freezes/BSoDs?: Hello everyone. I have recently been receiving constant freezes (hard freezes, can't do anything, computer is still running but Gpu fans stop, monitor freezes, controls lock up, etc.) and BSoDs. To add some backstory, this just randomly started happening about 4 months after...
  10. Random Computer Freezing - Need to hard restart after freezing No BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Computer Freezing - Need to hard restart after freezing No BSOD: Hello, I'm going to post two different scenarios that happens when my computer needs a hard restart My computer freezes completely (literally no movement on the screen or anything, it's not slow it's frozen). And an extremely loud buzzing sound comes out of my...