Windows 10: PC freezing for a fraction of a second randomly

Discus and support PC freezing for a fraction of a second randomly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello My Son had an issue with his previous PC, where it froze for a fraction of a second randomly. Believed it could be hardware issue, but it’s still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by reddwarf4ever, May 22, 2020.

1. PC freezing for a fraction of a second randomly

Hello
    My Son had an issue with his previous PC, where it froze for a fraction of a second randomly. Believed it could be hardware issue, but it’s still happening with his new PC, with 100% new hardware. I can only assume it’s a software issue. He has done a clean boot, but didn’t help. I Jane suggested to do a clean install of W10PRO and install one game only, maybe Counter strike and evaluate if it happens again.

meanwhile is there anything obvious I could look for that could cause this ?

many thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, May 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, May 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 22, 2020
  4. ObSo-1337 Win User

PC freezing for a fraction of a second randomly

PC randomly freezing

Hey TPU, i give you a challenge. Lately my computer has been freezing for no reason (or so i think) I have noticed that it happens mostly when im playing CounterStrikeSource and Left 4 Dead 2. Just to let you know, its not freezing that happens for a couple of seconds, its a full on, "your computer needs to be restarted" type of freezing.

64 bit windows 7
    XFX 4890 XT @900/1000
    AMD X4 II @ 3 Ghz
    4 corsair 800mhz DDR2 Ram

Any suggestions or input?

ObSo-1337, May 22, 2020
Thema:

PC freezing for a fraction of a second randomly

1. PC freezing for a fraction of a second randomly - Similar Threads - freezing fraction second

2. Ethernet Randomly Disconnects and Reconnects on Its Own Within a Fraction Second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Randomly Disconnects and Reconnects on Its Own Within a Fraction Second: Hi,I recently Upgraded to AMD R5 3600, B450M A PRO MAX and Windows 11. Since the very first day I am having ethernet disconnectivity issues. It happens on Random. The Internet connection would work like a charm for a day or two and then on the next day It will start dropping...
  3. Ethernet Randomly Disconnects and Reconnects on Its Own Within a Fraction Second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Randomly Disconnects and Reconnects on Its Own Within a Fraction Second: Hi,I recently Upgraded to AMD R5 3600, B450M A PRO MAX and Windows 11. Since the very first day I am having ethernet disconnectivity issues. It happens on Random. The Internet connection would work like a charm for a day or two and then on the next day It will start dropping...
  4. PC freezes randomly for about a second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes randomly for about a second: Hey there,my PC is freezing randomly as far as i can tell. It does freeze while playing games, while browsing, while watching videos, and so on.What i've done so far without it helping:-i checked Harddisk with: wmic diskdrive get status and ran CHKDSK C: /x /r-updated every...
  5. PC freezes randomly for about a second

PC freezes randomly for about a second: Hey there,my PC is freezing randomly as far as i can tell. It does freeze while playing games, while browsing, while watching videos, and so on.What i've done so far without it helping:-i checked Harddisk with: wmic diskdrive get status and ran CHKDSK C: /x /r-updated every...
  6. PC freezes randomly for about a second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC Still randomly freezes for a second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Still randomly freezes for a second: So I have linked a community forum down below that was mine for the previous question I had with all the hardware in my PC and a couple of steps I have tried in fixing the problem. None have worked thus far. The latest problem is that it will randomly do the bugging out where...
  8. PC Still randomly freezes for a second

PC Still randomly freezes for a second: So I have linked a community forum down below that was mine for the previous question I had with all the hardware in my PC and a couple of steps I have tried in fixing the problem. None have worked thus far. The latest problem is that it will randomly do the bugging out where...
  9. Random freezing for few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freezing for few seconds: I have many things opened like browser, TV card playing some TV show.. and some other apps etc.. I notice that I would randomly get these temporary freezes for a few seconds.. which causes audio to also get that laggy sound, like a broken record etc or scratch cd etc.. Not...
  10. PC randomly freezes for a few seconds at a time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly freezes for a few seconds at a time: Hi there, my pc freezes a lot and it repeats the audio that was last playing no matter what im doing, it sounds like glitching. I found another thread on this but it was very complicated so if someone could please explain how to do this in simpler words! thank you!...