Windows 10: PC Freezing for short periods -> DistributedCOM Error?

Discus and support PC Freezing for short periods -> DistributedCOM Error? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having fairly frequent PC freezes (I'm on 1803). It will freeze everything for maybe 15 seconds. I checked my event viewer, and found this:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 56Kruiser, Nov 15, 2018.

1. 56Kruiser Win User

PC Freezing for short periods -> DistributedCOM Error?

I am having fairly frequent PC freezes (I'm on 1803). It will freeze everything for maybe 15 seconds.

I checked my event viewer, and found this:

PC Freezing for short periods -> DistributedCOM Error? [​IMG]

The details say this:

The searches I've done on this bring up symptoms different from mine, so not sure I should follow them.

Anyone have any suggestions?

:)

56Kruiser, Nov 15, 2018

2. contant short freezes on tablet

Hi Nedim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are in a frustrating situation, because programs hangs and freezes on tablet.

I'd certainly help you, to resolve the issue.

Please answer the query, mentioned below, for a better understanding of your issue:

• Do you receive any error code or error message?
    • Have you made any changes to your system, prior to this issue?
    The first step is to identify the category of issue you are facing. We will define four categories of behavior for PCs that become unresponsive, as follows:

1. Hang: Your PC becomes unresponsive whenever you do a specific set of steps, and you must restart to recover the PC.

2. Random Hang: Your PC becomes unresponsive seemingly at random, and you must restart to recover the PC.

3. Generic Freeze: Your PC becomes unresponsive for a period of time, and then becomes usable again without taking any action. You don't need to restart your PC for it to be usable again. This behavior seems to affect all apps.

4. Single-app Freeze: Your PC exhibits the same behavior as a Generic Freeze, except that it only occurs when running a specific app, such as when playing a game or browsing websites.

For further assistance and more information, I would suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article and check, if it helps.

Windows hangs or freezes.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2681286

Note: applies to Windows 10.

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    DistributedCOM error 10016 PC crashing / freezing (no blue screen)

Hi,

DistributedCOM error 10016 is an event in Event Viewer that usually occurs when
    Microsoft components tries to access DCOM components without the required permissions. This event is not usually the cause of the PC crashing / freezing error. The performance error that you're experiencing can be the cause of a third
    party service. Kindly perform a clean boot to see if the computer will crash / freeze while the third party
    services are disabled.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Nov 15, 2018
  4. PC Freezing for short periods -> DistributedCOM Error?

PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

PC Freezing for short periods -> DistributedCOM Error?

1. PC Freezing for short periods -> DistributedCOM Error? - Similar Threads - Freezing short periods

2. DistributedCom error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DistributedCom error: DistributedCom error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distributedcom-error/c3677799-df56-459c-a277-4fcad874f6fd
  3. DistributedCOM ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DistributedCOM ERROR: Hello. I was using Windows 8.1 when my laptop started to crash randomly giving the error message KERNEL_ERROR I looked up a few tutorials on how to get it fixed and tried to reset and reinstall Windows. The error persisted still, after that i decided to upgrade the whole...
  4. Windows 10 keeps lagging and freezing randomly for long and short periods

Windows 10 keeps lagging and freezing randomly for long and short periods: I've got a computer that started to freeze even when there are NO programs running! I know because I have a clock app with the seconds ticking by. The seconds will literally freeze in place and then jump forward after the freeze and it affects my mouse sometimes. Even trying...
  5. Short freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Short freezes: Hi, when I click into like action centre and system, for example, I get very small brief full system lag/freezes which stops my mouse, sound, everything for that split couple seconds. It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen often. Anyone else experiences this and...
  6. Short freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Short freezes: Hi, when I click into like action center and system for example, I get very small brief full system lag/freezes which stops my mouse, sound, everything for that split couple seconds. It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen often. Anyone else experience this...
  7. Event 10016, DistributedCOM error freezing my pc

Event 10016, DistributedCOM error freezing my pc: Hey My PC has been freezing up for a few secound randomly for a few month now an it seems to be cuased by this error everytime i've checked event viewer. This is a new PC bought by IBUYPOWER around black friday. I had mostly ingnored this issue as it wasnt cuasing me much...
  8. DistributedCOM Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DistributedCOM Error: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and APPID {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19)...
  9. Can DistributedCom error 10016 cause BSOD's and PC freezes!?

Can DistributedCom error 10016 cause BSOD's and PC freezes!?: Hello for a while now I've been having a lot of BSOD or random PC freezes without giving me the BSOD error (I have sound and screen but cant do anything just normal reset) so my question is could a dcom error cause it!? or something else?! Thise are the DCOM errors that I...
  10. Windows 10 hard freeze when Idle for a short period.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 hard freeze when Idle for a short period.: This is an odd problem. This has been happening for a few days now and I'm at a bit of a loss about what the problem is exactly. It seems to have started after a recent Windows update, but I'm not sure exactly what specific element has screwed things up for me and it may have...