Windows 10: PC freezing multiple times per day

Discus and support PC freezing multiple times per day in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having issues over the past month or so where my PC will freeze/lock up randomly. The issue has been worse as of recently, just yesterday it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yokes356, Jun 26, 2020.

1. yokes356 Win User

PC freezing multiple times per day

I've been having issues over the past month or so where my PC will freeze/lock up randomly. The issue has been worse as of recently, just yesterday it froze around 6 or 7 times, a couple times it even froze as my PC was starting up.

I've tried many things such as fixing registry faults, updating all drivers, doing a memory test, checking the hard drive for any errors, etc. I even reset my PC a while ago and the issue persisted even after I reset everything. I also checked whether my PC was overheating and it wasn't from what I could tell.

I'm not sure what to do at this point as I feel like I've tried everything. If anyone could help out I'd appreciate it, thanks.

:)

yokes356, Jun 26, 2020

2. Windows Freezing Multiple Times Per Day

Since a Windows update in October 2019, my computer freezes multiple times per day. And by freeze, I mean screen goes static and nothing responds. The only solution is to hold down the power button.

I've followed the steps in
    Performance and Install Integrity Checklist
    to no avail.

I have not yet resinstalled Windows fresh because I don't want to do that until I know Windows is the culprit.

Is there any way I can check what is causing the freezing?

The Reliability Monitor only displays "Windows was not properly shut down."

Thanks.

uncleschaeflit, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Multiple Screen Time Limits per day in Family Safety Here and gone.

On August 19th I got an email from Microsoft Family detailing the changes and improvements that had been made to family safety. The part that I found most helpful was about multiple time limits per day coming back. See excerpt below.

*** Multiple time limits per day

Set multiple time limits per day for your child's Windows PCs. When your child runs out of time on a Windows PC, you can also give more time on that device even when it's not connected to the internet. ***

When I went to account.microsoft.com/family there was indeed the option to add multiple instances per day. When I went back on September 1st to change the limits for my children for school season it was back to the same useless one time per day.

Does anybody know how to get the multiple options back?

Jarett elmore, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Gorks71 Win User

Family - multiple time limits per day

I want my child to be able to use her laptop during school hours, but have time limited while at home. How can I set up multiple time limits per day?

Gorks71, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. PC freezing multiple times per day - Similar Threads - freezing multiple times

2. PC crashes multiple times per day and I can't figure it out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes multiple times per day and I can't figure it out: I have had occasional crashing issues during the last year or two that I've had this PC, but they were very sparse and nothing major. However, things have ramped up considerably over the last month or so, to the point where I will often crash multiple times per day. Sometimes...
  3. Problem with PC rebooting multiple times per day / several times a week

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with PC rebooting multiple times per day / several times a week: About two months ago, I upgraded my system new MOBO, RAM, CPU and also installed a fresh copy of Win10 Home Edition. Shortly thereafter, I've had a recurring problem with my PC just randomly rebooting. It can be while I'm actively doing something or when I'm away. It seems to...
  4. Problem with PC rebooting multiple times per day / several times a week

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with PC rebooting multiple times per day / several times a week: About two months ago, I upgraded my system new MOBO, RAM, CPU and also installed a fresh copy of Win10 Home Edition. Shortly thereafter, I've had a recurring problem with my PC just randomly rebooting. It can be while I'm actively doing something or when I'm away. It seems to...
  5. Problem with PC rebooting multiple times per day / several times a week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. BSoD Multiple Times Per Day

BSoD Multiple Times Per Day: My computer has crashed 10 times since the morning of the 18th. I believe them to have begun around the time I installed the game Battlefront 2 2017. Three of the crashed occurred while I was playing the game all three at the exact same point; while searching for a match. Two...
  7. Constant BSOD, multiple times per day

Constant BSOD, multiple times per day: It's been a recurring issue for a few months on my custom-built desktop. At first, the errors ranged from a variety of things, but after applying solutions I've found on these support threads and elsewhere, the only error I get anymore is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I can't for...
  8. Windows 2004 crashes multiples times per day

Windows 2004 crashes multiples times per day: Hi All, Windows 2004 crashes many several times per day even without actual user activity. Does anyone know how I can open a support ticket and supply the latest crashdump file?...
  9. Family - multiple time limits per day

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family - multiple time limits per day: I want my child to be able to use her laptop during school hours, but have time limited while at home. How can I set up multiple time limits per day? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-multiple-time-limits-per-day/713af6a0-b30d-4845-a4f0-1f60398028be"
  10. Windows Freezing Multiple Times Per Day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Freezing Multiple Times Per Day: Since a Windows update in October 2019, my computer freezes multiple times per day. And by freeze, I mean screen goes static and nothing responds. The only solution is to hold down the power button. I've followed the steps in Performance and Install Integrity Checklist to...