Windows 10: PC freezing/not rebooting/BSOD

Discus and support PC freezing/not rebooting/BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I've been having issues with my Windows PC, not sure if they're all related to the same problem, but: either the PC will freeze and I will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aris M, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Aris M Win User

PC freezing/not rebooting/BSOD

Hello

I've been having issues with my Windows PC, not sure if they're all related to the same problem, but:

• either the PC will freeze and I will need to restart by holding down the button at the tower until it shuts down and restart.
    • or I will click on 'shut down/restart' and it won't shut down or restart by just go to sleep and I have to hold down the button at the tower until it shuts down and restart; this may happen if I leave it and go away for a while and it goes to sleep too
    • recently a couple of times I had blue screens of death too

I am including here links to some dump files in case they are of help: one from today, then another one from 20 Nov and one from 10 Nov.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best

Aris

:)

Aris M, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Teletiger Win User
    BSOD PC Freeze and reboot during Gameplay of Dark Souls 3

I tested it several times and not recieved a BSOD or system reboot since reinstalling Display Driver. However, during game play of Dark Souls III the Game locks up and freezes. I have to use task manager to kill the application in order ti recover the PC.

HWa do you recommend my next step be now that part of the issue seems improved? ive attached a recent DM Log.

Attachment 82491

Teletiger, Nov 25, 2020
  4. PC freezing/not rebooting/BSOD

reboot/freeze problem

my computer runs fine for about 20-30 minutes and then reboots/freezes(sometime it reboots, sometimes it freezes)
    i have an evga 680i A1 board, 4x1gig xms2 dhx, q6600, 2x8800ultra's, 2x150gb raptors, pci-e wireless n card.

i have tried running the computer at stock speeds and voltages and have the same problem, so it's not an overclock issue.

it seems to be a software problem. but where do i start? the computer run @3.6ghz can run all night(9hours) orthos stable, but when im using it, it locks up every 20-30 minutes.

any suggestions?

Fitseries3, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

PC freezing/not rebooting/BSOD

1. PC freezing/not rebooting/BSOD - Similar Threads - freezing rebooting BSOD

2. Pc BSOD or random freeze/rebooting with no real cause.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc BSOD or random freeze/rebooting with no real cause.: Hello there, I hope that someone can help me with this. It's been almost a year of random BSODs and random pc freezes and reboots. Sometimes I did not get any for a month and then I get multiple BSODs in one day as it has been doing lately. Before you ask I've tried...
  3. Pc BSOD or random freeze/rebooting with no real cause.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc BSOD or random freeze/rebooting with no real cause.: Hello there, I hope that someone can help me with this. It's been almost a year of random BSODs and random pc freezes and reboots. Sometimes I did not get any for a month and then I get multiple BSODs in one day as it has been doing lately. Before you ask I've tried...
  4. Pc BSOD or random freeze/rebooting with no real cause.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Random pc freezes and reboots.

Random pc freezes and reboots.: Hello ,My pc reboots or freezes all of a sudden . When I check event logs I see these type of errors and a lot of them . I don't get errors every time pc crashes . Here is the full description of errors.Log Name: System Source: nvlddmkm Date: 10-05-2022 19:13:00 Event ID: 14...
  6. Pc freezes and reboots

Pc freezes and reboots: Hi all,my pc randomly freezes and reboots,only thing I can find is a Cache hierarchy error in the event viewer*,most of the time the freeze happens when I'm playing undemanding games mostly league of legends.*A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component:...
  7. Pc freezes and reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes and reboots: Hi all,my pc randomly freezes and reboots,only thing I can find is a Cache hierarchy error in the event viewer*,most of the time the freeze happens when I'm playing undemanding games mostly league of legends.*A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component:...
  8. Pc freezes and reboots

9. PC Randomly Freezes. have to hard reboot, no bsod

PC Randomly Freezes. have to hard reboot, no bsod: Specs: CPU: i7-3770 GPU: ASUS rog strix 2060 super RAM: 16GB PSU: Corsair VS650 SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB HD: 1TB WD Blue + Old 500GB Drive The PC randomly freezes, even when not in use, recently happens almost daily. keyboard+mouse become unresponsive, display is "stuck"...
  10. Random Computer freezes/BSODs into Repeated BSOD Cycles as PC Reboots

Random Computer freezes/BSODs into Repeated BSOD Cycles as PC Reboots: Hello Friends, I am currently experiencing issues with my computer that has windows 10 installed. Recently it has been randomly freezing, forcing me to restart it, or blue screening. When the computer reboots it falls into a repeat cycle of Blue screening into rebooting,...