Windows 10: PC freezing/rebooting multiple times each hour

Discus and support PC freezing/rebooting multiple times each hour in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This seemed like the most appropriate forum to post in, I have been across the internet and so far all attempts to find the problem or a solution have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KalHunt, Jan 25, 2019.

1. KalHunt Win User

PC freezing/rebooting multiple times each hour

This seemed like the most appropriate forum to post in, I have been across the internet and so far all attempts to find the problem or a solution have failed.

The problem:
    My PC will intermittently freeze for up to 5 seconds and it occurs maybe 1 or 2 times per hour. If there is audio playing then it typically buzzes for the duration of the freeze. Sometimes if I am playing a game it will crash me out to the desktop. The problem has happened when playing a game, when just browsing on chrome and also just on my desktop with no game or browser open.

My current PC setup:
    PC/Desktop
    Windows 10
    CPU:
    Intel i7 8700k 3.7 GHz
    Motherboard:
    MSI Z370 SLI PLUS ATX LGA 1151
    Memory:
    Kingston FURY 16gb (2x8gb) DDR4-2400
    Graphics Card(s):
    RTX 2060 6GB

I am running 3 monitors connected to my graphics card (DVI/HDMI/displayport)

Solutions that I have tried (in no particular order):
    - Reinstalled windows (one time I kept personal files and the next time I wiped the drive completely)

- Uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics drivers (multiple methods including DDU)

- I ran "memtest86" overnight and it returned no errors

- Ran "windows memory diagnostic" tool with no errors

- I ran "FurMark" to test my GPU with no errors.

- Updated BIOS to most recent version

- Removed the overclock on my CPU

- Uninstalled corsair link (this kept popping up in the logs that it "stopped working" so I just removed it. Logs are below.

- Installed only the Nvidia drivers and not GeForce Experience

- Swapped out my GTX 1080 for an RTX 2060 on 1/24/19 and the problems still occurred.

Misc info:

When navigating to Control Panel\System and Security\Security and Maintenance\Reliability Monitor

Error Logs 1-25-19 - Pastebin.com

I have attached my most recent event logs (this is right after I did a full wipe and reinstall of windows, I had a freeze) in addition to the beta log collector zip file.

DESKTOP-OL94IHM-(2019-01-25_13-21-53).zipEvent Log.zip

:)

KalHunt, Jan 25, 2019

2. reboot/freeze problem

my computer runs fine for about 20-30 minutes and then reboots/freezes(sometime it reboots, sometimes it freezes)
    i have an evga 680i A1 board, 4x1gig xms2 dhx, q6600, 2x8800ultra's, 2x150gb raptors, pci-e wireless n card.

i have tried running the computer at stock speeds and voltages and have the same problem, so it's not an overclock issue.

it seems to be a software problem. but where do i start? the computer run @3.6ghz can run all night(9hours) orthos stable, but when im using it, it locks up every 20-30 minutes.

any suggestions?

Fitseries3, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Lord TJ Win User
    Internet browsers randomly freeze PC, automatically reboots

This issue began happening a few days ago. I am experiencing a complete system freeze following an automatic reboot. This happens only with internet browsers (tested with Firefox, Chrome, and Edge) being open, typically while loading a webpage or having
    more than one tab open, but I am finding no specific pattern to trigger it as freezing occurs within minutes of use up to a few hours.

Ive had some programs become unable to open such as Malwarebytes and Nexus Mod Manager as a freeze happened while loading in a program, a complete reinstall fixes the issue.

Steps I have tried:

• Delete browsing history via Control Panel Internet Options and browsers
    • Cleaned PC of dust - hardware temps are also good
    • Virus(Eset NOD32) & Malware(Malwarebytes) Scans - no negative results
    • msconfig services check - good
    • msert.exe microsoft security tool - no negative results
    • RAM check - good
    • Drivers up to date

Any other ideas?

Lord TJ, Jan 25, 2019
  4. PC freezing/rebooting multiple times each hour

Windows freezes on the revolving circle upon reboot

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• What happens if you do not restart when the blue circle freezes?
    • Does the freeze happen only during reboot?

For now, I suggest that you place your computer in Safe Mode and reboot your computer and check if you still experience the freeze. To log into Safe Mode refer to the article provided in the link below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If you get the same symptoms in this mode as well, then I suggest that you check if you hard drive has any errors. To do so follow the steps below

1. Open This PC and then navigate to c: drive.

2. Right click on the drive and select Properties.

3. Then click on the Tools tab and under Error Checking
    click on Check.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

PC freezing/rebooting multiple times each hour

1. PC freezing/rebooting multiple times each hour - Similar Threads - freezing rebooting multiple

2. BSOD with multiple sources each time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with multiple sources each time: First of all sorry to post this question again but it is becoming quite annoying and i got no replies on my last post.Since several months now, my computer has been experiencing random BSODs Blue Screen of Death. Sometimes it works perfectly for 2-3 weeks, and other times can...
  3. BSOD with multiple sources each time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with multiple sources each time: First of all sorry to post this question again but it is becoming quite annoying and i got no replies on my last post.Since several months now, my computer has been experiencing random BSODs Blue Screen of Death. Sometimes it works perfectly for 2-3 weeks, and other times can...
  4. BSOD with multiple sources each time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with multiple sources each time: Since several months now, my computer has been experiencing random BSODs Blue Screen of Death. Sometimes it works perfectly for 2-3 weeks, and other times can have 4 BSODs in a single evening. I have tried all the available verification tools on Windows, used MemTest86,...
  5. BSOD with multiple sources each time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with multiple sources each time: Since several months now, my computer has been experiencing random BSODs Blue Screen of Death. Sometimes it works perfectly for 2-3 weeks, and other times can have 4 BSODs in a single evening. I have tried all the available verification tools on Windows, used MemTest86,...
  6. Laptop freezes multiple times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes multiple times: Hello,My Asus laptop with windows 10 freezes very frequently.There are no malwares. In task manager, the disk usage is 100%. Tried to fix it, but its still 100%.Disabled AMD graphics but still same.What could be wrong. Is my hard disk dying ?...
  7. Windows crashing multiple times each day. "rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...

Windows crashing multiple times each day. "rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...: Hi all, I've been experiencing daily crashes and random reboots for a little while now, checked the latest logs and have seen this:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8011d6f5947, 0xfffff88f61dbf328,...
  8. BSOD multiple times an hour

BSOD multiple times an hour: Hello! I just preformed an NVMe Flash Storage replacement on a HP Spectre 13t-af000 because there were frequent blue screens, I figured replacing the drive with a clean install would solve the issue. I preformed a clean install of Windows 10. Now after the computer has been...
  9. PC freezing multiple times per day

PC freezing multiple times per day: I've been having issues over the past month or so where my PC will freeze/lock up randomly. The issue has been worse as of recently, just yesterday it froze around 6 or 7 times, a couple times it even froze as my PC was starting up. I've tried many things such as fixing...
  10. Reboot Notification request each time I reboot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot Notification request each time I reboot.: I have a Lenova laptop and it has just installed some Windows 10 updates. I now keep getting the following notification even after I do a reboot (at least 5 times). Restart required Your pc needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device Pci bus Can anyone...