Windows 10: PC freezing/shuts down randomly on windows 10

Discus and support PC freezing/shuts down randomly on windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC has been freezing and sometimes, rarely shuts down randomly. Its usually when im playing a game. It use to freeze whenever, when im on a web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GrimmDZ, Mar 8, 2019.

1. GrimmDZ Win User

PC freezing/shuts down randomly on windows 10

My PC has been freezing and sometimes, rarely shuts down randomly. Its usually when im playing a game. It use to freeze whenever, when im on a web browser or when I just launched it up again. Recently, its been more of a problem. I cant play any games and sometimes cant do schoolwork. Ive tried so many options, im willing to try whatever at this point if its safe. I thought its an overheating problem and it still could be but like I said, the freezing is random. I have monitored the temps for my cpu and its usually around 70 to 80 C when im playing games. I played Minecraft for about two hours last night with discord up and it being at that temp and it running smoothly. I also got a fan on it too. Then just today, it froze at 76 and 77 three times while playing a game.

Specs:

Motherboard: MSI 970 gaming

System model (If you need it I dont know): MSI-7693

Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 series

CPU: AMD FX 6300 six core 3.5 Mhz

RAM: 8 GB

:)

GrimmDZ, Mar 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Mar 8, 2019
  4. PC freezing/shuts down randomly on windows 10

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Mar 8, 2019
  5. 1.remove old thermal paste from processor , reapply goodthernal paste .
    2.Change the processor heat sink fan .
    3.also check with your graphics card , whether its having debris or dust particles/
    4.below the compressed air to the desktop compleytely , remove wastedust .
    5.reset the bios default settings , after updating lateast bios firmware
    6. try to update the firmwares of SSD , HDD and to graphics card VIDEO bios
    7. i suspect your room temparature is more than normal
    8. If possible add 2 more fans to desktop
    9. Use liquid cooling for processor .
    10 remove or uninstall the unwanted waste applications
    11. disable unwanted running windows applications

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

PC freezing/shuts down randomly on windows 10

1. PC freezing/shuts down randomly on windows 10 - Similar Threads - freezing shuts down

2. PC freezes and shuts down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes and shuts down: I installed a new CPU and motherboard and have been getting an issue where the PC randomly shutsdown and I don't udnerstand where the problem is. The dump file data is included belowWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the...
  3. PC freezes and shuts down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes and shuts down: I installed a new CPU and motherboard and have been getting an issue where the PC randomly shutsdown and I don't udnerstand where the problem is. The dump file data is included belowWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the...
  4. Pc shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shutting down randomly: I've had some frequent issues with this in the past and it has started happening again. My pc after or in-between games decides to make the screen pitch black and it just stops working altogether with the fans at max speed until I force the pc to shut off completely, I have...
  5. PC Shuts down randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Shuts down randomly: Hello. my PC has a weird problem for the last month and i dont know if i need to point on the PSU, RAM or GPUEverytime i watch youtube at fullscreen my pc cuts off with no error or event that explains it on the Event Viewer in addition to that, the Event Viewer does not log 5...
  6. PC randomly shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly shuts down: Let’s start off with specsGPU: GTX 1660 SuperCPU: AMD 2600RAM: T-Force 16-2400 ramAlright. Now, onto the problem. A week or two ago, a problem happened where my pc would shut down when I was playing games and when I tried to turn it back on, it turned back on and shut down a...
  7. Random pc shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random pc shut down: Am Edward my laptop randomly shuts down after booting when it come back on a blue screen appears with information code processor died have tried everything but the laptop keeps shutting down...
  8. PC randomly shutting down

PC randomly shutting down: this is the error code im getting in full : Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 117 Parameter 1: ffff9b028f818060 Parameter 2: fffff8071bbf6b34 Parameter 3: 0...
  9. Windows 10 shuts down and freezes up randomly

Windows 10 shuts down and freezes up randomly: Just got a new computer with Windows 10 and it randomly shuts down and freezes up. I am really not familiar with Windows 10, and not sure what else could be causing my issues or if they are related. Here are the things I have tried so far: Unplugged ALL external devices...
  10. PC randomly shuts down.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC randomly shuts down.: Hi, I have a dell xps 8300 running windows 10 pro v1511 which was clean installed a few weeks ago. Sometimes when I cold boot my computer the computer shuts down unexpectedly on the windows 10 splash screen. I have unplugged everything from my PSU apart from my windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 freezes then shuts down

2. pc freeze and raondomly shutdown