Windows 10: PC freezing then crashing or display just goes black and I have to restart.

Discus and support PC freezing then crashing or display just goes black and I have to restart. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, so I've been getting crashes for a while now when I played a certain game but now they're happening even if I'm just watching YouTube, usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JimJam241, May 26, 2022.

1. JimJam241 Win User

PC freezing then crashing or display just goes black and I have to restart.

Hi, so I've been getting crashes for a while now when I played a certain game but now they're happening even if I'm just watching YouTube, usually after about 20-30 minutes of starting up my PC.First, my PC starts lagging and freezing, then recovers and this is what I see in the event viewer vvvvvvThen, 5 minutes later, the screens go black and I have to restart. These are the logs for the events https://easyupload.io/s4j2txThese are my specs. I have a 1660 GTX graphics card. I really want to get this sorted, it's been happening for so long. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

:)

JimJam241, May 26, 2022
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 26, 2022
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, May 26, 2022
  4. PC freezing then crashing or display just goes black and I have to restart.

PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, May 26, 2022
Thema:

PC freezing then crashing or display just goes black and I have to restart.

1. PC freezing then crashing or display just goes black and I have to restart. - Similar Threads - freezing crashing display

2. My pc crashes randomly there is no blue screen just goes all black and restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc crashes randomly there is no blue screen just goes all black and restarts: For like past 2 months my pc is crashing randomly and sometimes it constantly keeps crashing. I check the event viewer can’t figure out whats the issue problem. Event id 7000 and warning event id 10016....
  3. My pc crashes randomly there is no blue screen just goes all black and restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc crashes randomly there is no blue screen just goes all black and restarts: For like past 2 months my pc is crashing randomly and sometimes it constantly keeps crashing. I check the event viewer can’t figure out whats the issue problem. Event id 7000 and warning event id 10016....
  4. My pc crashes randomly there is no blue screen just goes all black and restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Pc Freezes and having no display after restart.

Pc Freezes and having no display after restart.: Hi, Im Harry and i have an issue with my pc. So one day I was playing on it and out of nowhere my main monitor froze and the second one that is connected to my motherboard freaking out. so i turned it off using the power button on the device and tried to turn it back on after...
  6. Pc Freezes and having no display after restart.

Pc Freezes and having no display after restart.: Hi, Im Harry and i have an issue with my pc. So one day I was playing on it and out of nowhere my main monitor froze and the second one that is connected to my motherboard freaking out. so i turned it off using the power button on the device and tried to turn it back on after...
  7. PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.: I reinstalled windows yesterday and started to notice this kind of issue.When I'm gaming, my pc would freeze for a second or two, then goes in to black screen when all the LEDs in the cases were still on, and then restart. This happened multiple times within a day. I zipped...
  8. PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.

PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.: I reinstalled windows yesterday and started to notice this kind of issue.When I'm gaming, my pc would freeze for a second or two, then goes in to black screen when all the LEDs in the cases were still on, and then restart. This happened multiple times within a day. I zipped...
  9. PC freezing then crashing or display just goes black and I have to restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing then crashing or display just goes black and I have to restart.: Hi, so I've been getting crashes for a while now when I played a certain game but now they're happening even if I'm just watching YouTube, usually after about 20-30 minutes of starting up my PC.First, my PC starts lagging and freezing, then recovers and this is what I see in...
  10. PC freezing then crashing or display just goes black and I have to restart.

PC freezing then crashing or display just goes black and I have to restart.: Hi, so I've been getting crashes for a while now when I played a certain game but now they're happening even if I'm just watching YouTube, usually after about 20-30 minutes of starting up my PC.First, my PC starts lagging and freezing, then recovers and this is what I see in...