Windows 10: PC freezing ... various errors ... gpu problem ??

Discus and support PC freezing ... various errors ... gpu problem ?? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, for months now I've been having an issue with my system, and have now decided to starting thinking about seeking refuge on all pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Michael Schirmacher, Mar 31, 2019.

1. PC freezing ... various errors ... gpu problem ??

Hi all, for months now I've been having an issue with my system, and have now decided to starting thinking about seeking refuge on all pc troubleshooting forums

Firstly, let me begin with my system specs (i built my system, its about 1.5 years old now, all new parts):

CPU: i5 - 7500

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

GPU DRIVER VERSION: 419.67

MOBO: Asus ROG Strix B250F Gaming

RAM: 2 * 8 GB DDR4 2400 MHZ

PSU: BeQuiet! Pure Power 10 (600W)

MONITOR: AOC G2460V @ 75 Hz , 1080P

So some context on the issue ...

My PC will freeze at least once per use time, in which I am forced to force shutdown the system. This can be when playing games, but this mainly occurs whilst browsing the web and doing anything else (i really hope it doesnt crash whilst im typing this, better cntrl c cntrl v into notepad real quick.). Anyway, just before the computer freezes, my system will go into a complete slow down, like everything is running at 1fps, like moving my cursor on screen is very slow, and after a few seconds of this the system just freezes and I have to hard reboot. In rare instances, once the system has froze, i can hear a loud buzzing noise coming from my headphones, and in extremely rare cases the system will come back to life and resume as normal.

Once I have hard rebooted I always go check event viewer, and i always get 1 of / or even all of the following errors :

- display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. (not too often, only get this if the display freezes but then recovers)

- The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402} (THIS IS SPAMMED THROUGHOUT EVENT VIEWER AND I GET MULTIPLE OF THESE MINUTES BEFORE THE CRASH)

- Application " ... " has been blocked from accessing the graphics hardware.

- I also get this error, however i dont think its the cause (The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_05AC&PID_12A7\fa40e6584547cdb825c02fe637bd4eba85821f25.)

WHAT I'VE TRIED :

- wiping display drivers (with ddu) and downgrading to driver 397.93 as suggested by a known member on the nvidia forums (find post here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1101770/geforce-drivers/pc-freezing-various-error-codes/)

- set tdr delay in the registry

- run memtest ---- memory fine

- turn "link state power management" in power options to off
    - set gpu to "prefer maximum performance" in nvidia control panel
    - have run the system file check and chkdsk commands in cmd no violations
    - set power plan to high performance

I've probably tried several other things that i just cant remember. I want to try to avoid having to reinstall windows, but if there is no other solutions then i suppose i will have to ; ((

Anyway, thats about it. Hopefully someone can lend a hand, i'd really appreciate it.

Cheers

:)

Michael Schirmacher, Mar 31, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

3. PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Mar 31, 2019
  4. toar4ever Win User

PC freezing ... various errors ... gpu problem ??

PC Freeze while playing Rocket League/Overwatch

Hi people,

Lately I've been having a major issue with my PC, it completely freezes while playing games like Rocket League and Overwatch. My PC just completely freezes and the audio also hangs. The only way to reboot my PC is to turn it off, wait 10-15 seconds and boot it up again.

Full PC Setup:

• GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970
    • CPU: Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07Ghz
    • Motherboard: Sapphire PureBlack X58

The strange thing then is: My GPU driver sometimes also completely disappears. I'm left with a 640x480 display and have to install a driver again, unless I reboot and then the old driver re-appears.

A list of things I've done:
    • Checked OpenHardwareMonitor to see temperatures, they are nothing out of the ordinary
    • Installed multiple different versions of nVidia GPU drivers (most recent ones, a few from half year back)
    • Clean installed those drivers as well, using Display Driver Uninstaller
    • Cleanly installed Windows 10 Pro because I read some stuff about problems with the Anniversary Update (AU).
    • Stress tested CPU, GPU, RAM, SSD all for at least 20 minutes, none of which caused me to crash

In the Event Viewer it shows an Event 17 WHEA-Logger:
    None of my freezes created a BSOD and didn't create a dump, until today after 2 freezes in the afternoon that created 2 dump files. I've provided the logzip in the attached files which should contain all the needed files.
    If anyone has any suggestions to what it could be that would be highly appreciated!

Edit 1: Updated Windows 10 to Build 1607 and reuploaded a new zip file
    Attachment 96945

Kind regards,

toar4ever, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

PC freezing ... various errors ... gpu problem ??

1. PC freezing ... various errors ... gpu problem ?? - Similar Threads - freezing various errors

2. GPU problem. Driver errors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU problem. Driver errors.: Hello. Today I updated the driver for my RTX 3050 TI and I ran into problems. When I went into War Thunder, the game froze and reported an error, and then I found a message that the driver had stopped responding and was successfully restored. Tell me what this could be? Could...
  3. GPU problem. Driver errors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU problem. Driver errors.: Hello. Today I updated the driver for my RTX 3050 TI and I ran into problems. When I went into War Thunder, the game froze and reported an error, and then I found a message that the driver had stopped responding and was successfully restored. Tell me what this could be? Could...
  4. PC GPU problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC GPU problems: I don't know how fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-gpu-problems/e30d69ef-63be-42aa-9bf6-4bce4b92e334
  5. PC GPU problems

PC GPU problems: I don't know how fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-gpu-problems/e30d69ef-63be-42aa-9bf6-4bce4b92e334
  6. PC GPU problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC freezes - sometimes GPU error - sometimes new Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes - sometimes GPU error - sometimes new Audio Device: Hi Everyone,since 2 Months my PC randomly freeces.Sometimes while i am Ingame, sometimes while watch Youtube and other times while i do nothing.After freezing, I usually did not get an error message. Recently, however, I have been getting messages that my GPU driver had to be...
  8. PC freezes - sometimes GPU error - sometimes new Audio Device

PC freezes - sometimes GPU error - sometimes new Audio Device: Hi Everyone,since 2 Months my PC randomly freeces.Sometimes while i am Ingame, sometimes while watch Youtube and other times while i do nothing.After freezing, I usually did not get an error message. Recently, however, I have been getting messages that my GPU driver had to be...
  9. Can't Reset My PC! and Various Problems!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Reset My PC! and Various Problems!!: Hi, So the problem is that I want to Reset my PC and Start Fresh! but I CAN'T.....' When i use the built in Settings app to Reset My PC, they tell me that they 'Could not find the Recovery Environment"......... So i created a Recovery drive from a different computer since...
  10. Various Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various Errors: Hi i am having so much errors idk what is going on with the computer. 1- The maximum file size for session "ReadyBoot" has been reached. As a result, events might be lost (not logged) to file "C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\ReadyBoot\ReadyBoot.etl". The maximum files size is...