Windows 10: PC freezing when connecting to Ethernet

Discus and support PC freezing when connecting to Ethernet in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,My computer freezes when I try to connect to Ethernet. So I turned my pc off and on. Then when I logged into my account I got BSOD windows stop code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SUJAYA, Nov 29, 2021.

1. SUJAYA Win User

PC freezing when connecting to Ethernet

Hi,My computer freezes when I try to connect to Ethernet. So I turned my pc off and on. Then when I logged into my account I got BSOD windows stop code critical process dies.Please help me to fix this issue.Thanks.

:)

SUJAYA, Nov 29, 2021
  2. MarcoArik Win User

How to delete an ethernet connection?

Just as title says. I have some old ethernet connections in my list, and I would like to delete it to clean.

Any suggestion?

MarcoArik, Nov 30, 2021
  3. Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

We appreciate the information you've provided. We'd like to confirm the results after following the steps on the link provided on our previous post.

Meanwhile, to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check the following:

• If the Ethernet port is clean.

• If the end of RJ45 (Ethernet cord) is still intact.

• If available, test the RJ45 (Ethernet cord) to your other device and check if issue persists.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Zedrick Del, Nov 30, 2021
  4. PC freezing when connecting to Ethernet

Ethernet Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would like to ask additional information that will help us in resolving the issue.

• What kind of computer are you using? Is it a desktop or a laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes to your computer?
    • Have you tried troubleshooting the issue by yourself? If yes, what were the steps you have taken so far?

I would suggest you to try the following and check:

• Verify that the cable connects the modem to the wall jack is connected securely.
    • Verify that the cable connects the computer to the modem is attached securely at both ends.
    • Restart the router/modem.

Follow the steps and let us know if it helps.

JericDale Ort, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

PC freezing when connecting to Ethernet

1. PC freezing when connecting to Ethernet - Similar Threads - freezing connecting Ethernet

2. disable ethernet connection when pc is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable ethernet connection when pc is off: when my pc shuts down, my ethernet connection is still lit up when pc is off, is there some where in the bios i can disable this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-ethernet-connection-when-pc-is-off/483c788a-acb6-4d48-865b-62c9b52b71a2
  3. disable ethernet connection when pc is off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable ethernet connection when pc is off: when my pc shuts down, my ethernet connection is still lit up when pc is off, is there some where in the bios i can disable this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-ethernet-connection-when-pc-is-off/483c788a-acb6-4d48-865b-62c9b52b71a2
  4. disable ethernet connection when pc is off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PC freezing when connecting to Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing when connecting to Ethernet: Hi,My computer freezes when I try to connect to Ethernet. So I turned my pc off and on. Then when I logged into my account I got BSOD windows stop code critical process dies.Please help me to fix this issue.Thanks....
  6. PC freezing when connecting to Ethernet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezing when connecting to Ethernet: Hi,My computer freezes when I try to connect to Ethernet. So I turned my pc off and on. Then when I logged into my account I got BSOD windows stop code critical process dies.Please help me to fix this issue.Thanks....
  7. Games not working when pc is connected to ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games not working when pc is connected to ethernet: Hi, very random question I hope someone can help as I cannot find the answer online...The WiFi in my house is terrible so decided to connect directly to the ethernet. The internet works great, no dropout as previous, however, whenever I load a game up, no matter what game, it...
  8. Games not working when pc is connected to ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games not working when pc is connected to ethernet: Hi, very random question I hope someone can help as I cannot find the answer online...The WiFi in my house is terrible so decided to connect directly to the ethernet. The internet works great, no dropout as previous, however, whenever I load a game up, no matter what game, it...
  9. Ethernet connected to pc, no connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet connected to pc, no connection: Network adapter doesn’t work so connected ethernet still doesn’t work. Audio doesn’t work. any help thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-to-pc-no-connection/98635aef-404b-4fd4-ac13-23a484d1dfc6
  10. My laptop freezes when connecting via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop freezes when connecting via Ethernet: I have a 6-year old Asus laptop. It shipped with Win 7. It has a 1 TB hard drive, partitioned in two. Win 7 is still on one partition. The other has Win 10. Starting with the September update to Win 10, if I plug in an Ethernet cable on my laptop, it freezes. I get a blue...