Windows 10: pc freezing when playing games

Discus and support pc freezing when playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi i will need your help on what to do,whenever i play games like watch dogs2, gta 5 and sleeping dogs on my pc it keeps freezing and cracking. ive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ajuluchi1, Apr 6, 2020.

1. ajuluchi1 Win User

pc freezing when playing games

hi

i will need your help on what to do,whenever i play games like watch dogs2, gta 5 and sleeping dogs on my pc it keeps freezing and cracking. ive tried everything i could but the problem persit.what do i do?

:)

ajuluchi1, Apr 6, 2020

2. Minecraft freezes gaming PC

Hi,

We have here a thread Windows 10 freezes when playing games
    related to your concern. We suggest that you go through the steps provided by
    Roger Lu.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Can't play Hit It Rich game and system freezes

Hi carmenstanley1,

Thank you for your response.

I can understand how frustrating it would be. This issue might be due to corrupted profile or if the game is not installed completely. I suggest you to follow these steps and let us know if it works.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried playing this game on other browser (Google chrome or Mozilla) and check for the issue?

Step 1: Uninstall or Repair the game.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Right click on the Hit it Rich app > Select Repair or uninstall it.
    4. Reinstall the application and check for the issue.

Step 2: Create a new local account.

The reason might be due to user account corruption, so I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account’
    and check if the issue persists.

Note: You will not see all your files under your default file location.
    So your data will be saved under C:\Users\User_name.

If you are facing issues with freezing, I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps on
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Apr 6, 2020
  4. IDOMATH Win User

Games freeze when playing

When I play most games, they freeze and stop working. I have tested this playing online, they only freeze visually. My input still works, as I have had my friend verify that my character still moves. I still have volume and sounds that seem to be working properly. I have two monitors and everything works just as it is supposed to on the other monitor. The games don't lag before freezing. My computer and drivers are all up to date. I have looked everywhere and asked around, but can't find a solution, or even people with a similar problem. I reset my computer and that seemed to work for a while, but 2 weeks later the issue resufraced.

I can play games like Hearthstone without an issue, but something like Heroes of the Storm or Grim Dawn freeze up. Prey freezes up along with MGSV: The Phantom Pain. Again, to clarify, my computer does not freeze up, but it seems just the game visuals do.

Specs for my PC are:
    Windows 10 Home version 1709
    OS build: 15063.674
    Processor: Intel i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    RAM: 16 GB
    64-bit
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770

IDOMATH, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

1. pc freezing when playing games - Similar Threads - freezing playing games

2. Windows/PC freezes when playing any game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows/PC freezes when playing any game: My PC works just fine under normal using, like browsing the internet or using files. Even music or editing programs work great.But when I play video-game, especially one that's modern, my PC will sometimes freeze.Before I freeze, sometimes the audio in the game will seperate...
  3. Windows/PC freezes when playing any game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows/PC freezes when playing any game: My PC works just fine under normal using, like browsing the internet or using files. Even music or editing programs work great.But when I play video-game, especially one that's modern, my PC will sometimes freeze.Before I freeze, sometimes the audio in the game will seperate...
  4. My PC freezes only when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC freezes only when playing games: Hello everyone,I've had this problem since I installed Windows 10 on my pc where my PC completely freezes when playing any game after 20 minutes or less into the game.My CPU ram and disk usage all seem fine in the task manager, and all my drivers are up to date but there is a...
  5. My PC freezes only when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC freezes only when playing games: Hello everyone,I've had this problem since I installed Windows 10 on my pc where my PC completely freezes when playing any game after 20 minutes or less into the game.My CPU ram and disk usage all seem fine in the task manager, and all my drivers are up to date but there is a...
  6. My PC freezes only when playing games

7. Persistent PC freezing, when playing games, and only when playing games.

Persistent PC freezing, when playing games, and only when playing games.: Hello everyoneSince around 2 days ago, my pc has started to spontaneously freeze when playing games like CSGO, or doom eternal.The freezing makes it so i cannot use my keyboard, mouse, or anything of that nature, if i have my screen audio attached, there is a loud hissing...
  8. PC keeps freezing when playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps freezing when playing games: Recently my pc has started freezing when playing games but in a weird way. At first my pc would just freeze outright after a few hours of playing games but i could still hear audio from the game and my friends talking on discord. but now the moment i open a game, first my...
  9. Freezing when playing games

Freezing when playing games: Hi there, in the last few days when playing games (BFBC2, BF3 and Sticky Bomb), my computer has been freezing at various points (sometimes within a minute, sometimes after 2 hours), and on reboot i get BSOD sometimes with different error messages such as...
  10. Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games: I've been having this issue for nearly a year now (probably around 9 months). It started after my little sister made me get a virus by her trying to download something onto my laptop. I've since taken it to a reputable computer shop as well as followed instructions from other...