Windows 10: PC freezing with usb disconnect and reconnect sound

Discus and support PC freezing with usb disconnect and reconnect sound in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently my pc has been freezing and stuttering along with the usb disconnect and reconnect sound. I checked my display settings and noticed that a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by deymdaniel, Jul 17, 2022.

1. PC freezing with usb disconnect and reconnect sound

Recently my pc has been freezing and stuttering along with the usb disconnect and reconnect sound. I checked my display settings and noticed that a ghost monitor connects to the pc with a lower resolution. I also checked device manager and saw that whenever this problem occurs, a device called Generic non PnP monitor pops up on the monitors lists. This problem does not occur in safe mode. I have already fully reset my pc but the problem still persists. Is this a sign of a GPU failure?

:)

deymdaniel, Jul 17, 2022
  2. perkinw Win User

USB disconnect sound

Keyboard, mouse, USB HDD. Since the mouse and keyboard don't seem to be affected, I suspect the HDD. I will disconnect it and see if that solves the problem.

There is no reconnect sound, just disconnect.

- - - Updated - - -

I did what you suggested. It is definitely the USB HDD. When I rebooted this morning, Macrium Reflect started a backup to the HDD, and I heard USB disconnect sounds almost continuously -- about once a second. The Macrium backup failed with "Backup aborted! - Write operation failed - The device is not ready."

I connected the drive to a different USB port on the same computer, but the disconnect sounds continued.

I moved the drive over to a laptop. There were no USB disconnect sounds. I was able to run a full Macrium Reflect backup on the laptop with no problems. Right now, I am running a SMART test on the backup, but it's taking forever.

Could it be a problem with USB? Or an out-of-date driver? I'm embarassed to say that I have no idea how to check for a driver update. This is an 8TB Western Digital Elements desktop drive.

perkinw, Jul 17, 2022
  3. usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

Redirecting

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

Windows help & learning

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 17, 2022
  4. Groggubus Win User

PC freezing with usb disconnect and reconnect sound

Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device.

Hi all, I have a clean install windows 10 home with the specs listed in my profile.

Im getting continuous disconnect USB sounds, often multiple times in a row, and the occasional reconnect sound.

Ive used a program call USBDeview, and can confidently say it is the top tow devices that disconnect and reconnect. I'm unsure what they are and how to solve the problem.

It doesnt happen 24/7, but sometimes it will do it for 40 mins and sometimes 5 mins then stop etc etc, very random.

I dont have any External HDD plugged into drives J K L M, but they normally get assigned to .iso's or Portable HDD's.

Groggubus, Jul 17, 2022
Thema:

PC freezing with usb disconnect and reconnect sound

1. PC freezing with usb disconnect and reconnect sound - Similar Threads - freezing usb disconnect

2. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: Someone, I need help. My USB devices started to disconnecting and reconnecting after a second. It happens randomly, and I don't know what it is related with.This issue occurred after I clean my PC. I knew what I did, I mean I didn't disconnect something, and now it's not...
  3. USB disconnect and reconnect issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB disconnect and reconnect issues: This has been a recent issue of mine where my headset, keyboard, mouse, and wifi adapter etc., will disconnect suddenly and reconnect a second later. Not sure if it is a Windows software issue or a hardware issue of mine. I thought I would come on here to ask as I am new to...
  4. USB disconnect and reconnect issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB disconnect and reconnect issues: This has been a recent issue of mine where my headset, keyboard, mouse, and wifi adapter etc., will disconnect suddenly and reconnect a second later. Not sure if it is a Windows software issue or a hardware issue of mine. I thought I would come on here to ask as I am new to...
  5. USB Devices disconnecting then reconnecting.

USB Devices disconnecting then reconnecting.: Around a week ago I reset my pc, and now for some reason, at random intervals, even up to every few seconds, all these usb devices all disconnect then reconnect, which include my keyboard and mouse. I have no idea what could be causing this and I've already ran sfc & dism,...
  6. PC freezing with usb disconnect and reconnect sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing with usb disconnect and reconnect sound: Recently my pc has been freezing and stuttering along with the usb disconnect and reconnect sound. I checked my display settings and noticed that a ghost monitor connects to the pc with a lower resolution. I also checked device manager and saw that whenever this problem...
  7. PC randomly FREEZES along with USB CONNECT/DISCONNECT sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly FREEZES along with USB CONNECT/DISCONNECT sound: it started happening like almost 6 months ago for . it fixed it self for a moth and stays fine , but then all of sudden it starts happening again...AMD ryzen 5 3600amd rx 580 8 gb16 gb ram...
  8. PC randomly FREEZES along with USB CONNECT/DISCONNECT sound

PC randomly FREEZES along with USB CONNECT/DISCONNECT sound: it started happening like almost 6 months ago for . it fixed it self for a moth and stays fine , but then all of sudden it starts happening again...AMD ryzen 5 3600amd rx 580 8 gb16 gb ram...
  9. PC randomly FREEZES along with USB CONNECT/DISCONNECT sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Usb constant disconnecting/reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb constant disconnecting/reconnecting: So as the the title says my usb remote control constantly disconnects and reconnects, i have tried every fix mentioned by searching the web to no avail. The OS is windows 10, i know its not the device because when i plug it into my daughter and sons laptops it works fine,...