Windows 10: Pc freezing

Discus and support Pc freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Been having this problem for a couple of weeks now where my freezes, sometimes with blue screen but most times none. Tried severl things including sfc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zzxxzzx, Aug 15, 2019.

1. zzxxzzx Win User

Pc freezing

Been having this problem for a couple of weeks now where my freezes, sometimes with blue screen but most times none. Tried severl things including sfc and dism scans in admin command promt. After a while I reinstalled windows via internal restore windows tool. Worked for a week then freezes started happening again. Then I tried some more fixes and it worked but then I had to update windows (1903) and freezes came back again. Have saved CBS logs but everyone has different amounts of text in them so don't know if they can help. Can't replicate these freezes, seems to happen at "random". Any help you could give?

:)

zzxxzzx, Aug 15, 2019

2. PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Aug 15, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Pc freezing

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Thema:

Pc freezing

1. Pc freezing - Similar Threads - freezing

2. Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang: I have ask this before but I can't find the thread. Anyway. Recently my computer been freezing at the log on screen every time I boot it up. This also happens with restarts. THe computer reaches the log on screen, the loading/thinking icon shows and the computer become...
  3. Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang: I have ask this before but I can't find the thread. Anyway. Recently my computer been freezing at the log on screen every time I boot it up. This also happens with restarts. THe computer reaches the log on screen, the loading/thinking icon shows and the computer become...
  4. Big system freeze everytime, help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big system freeze everytime, help: I got a big problem after installing TransculentTB, system was working normally for few days then it randomly started to freeze after few seconds. Looked like it repaired itself because today I could normally use pc. Then while playing a game, some error about microsoft...
  5. Big system freeze everytime, help

Big system freeze everytime, help: I got a big problem after installing TransculentTB, system was working normally for few days then it randomly started to freeze after few seconds. Looked like it repaired itself because today I could normally use pc. Then while playing a game, some error about microsoft...
  6. My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet: Hello, After a long time, I wanted to use a graphics tablet from XP-Pen, but after I started typing with it, my PC flashed about three times and then reported an error and restarted. The second attempt did the same. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me?...
  7. My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet

My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet: Hello, After a long time, I wanted to use a graphics tablet from XP-Pen, but after I started typing with it, my PC flashed about three times and then reported an error and restarted. The second attempt did the same. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me?...
  8. My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Pc keeps freezing randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps freezing randomly.: I tried all check lists .Change ram sticksRun different combinations of hardware.Remove and check them one by one . but the issue still persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-freezing-randomly/26f413cf-9456-41cf-9330-41d7cd976ee6
  10. Pc keeps freezing randomly.

Pc keeps freezing randomly.: I tried all check lists .Change ram sticksRun different combinations of hardware.Remove and check them one by one . but the issue still persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-freezing-randomly/26f413cf-9456-41cf-9330-41d7cd976ee6