Windows 10: PC Freezing

Discus and support PC Freezing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My sons PC has suddenly started to completely lock up after around 20mins of use. Hes mainly playing games, like minecraft or Roblox. He says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chumley06, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Chumley06 Win User

PC Freezing

My sons PC has suddenly started to completely lock up after around 20mins of use. Hes mainly playing games, like minecraft or Roblox. He says everything just suddenly stops, no response from anything and the only cure is to do a reset or forced restart. I have noticed his CPU is running at around 60-65degrees now at idle. Its an AMD FX6300. It used to run at around 35-40degrees at idle. Other PC specs are, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb HDD, GEForce GPU. Windows 10 2004 I am unsure if this is overheating or not, the system has 2 120mm case fans, 1 in and 1 out. This only started yesterday when he decided to download some mods for minecraft, I have told him to uninstall them first off. Could this be a virus or a failing drive as well. I would appreciate any assistance....

:)

Chumley06, Jun 2, 2021

2. PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Jun 2, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 2, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

PC Freezing

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Naki, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

PC Freezing

1. PC Freezing - Similar Threads - Freezing

2. Recently reinstalled windows on a new harddrive; my pc now randomly freezes for about a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recently reinstalled windows on a new harddrive; my pc now randomly freezes for about a...: My past harddrive setup was a simple 128gb Intel ssd from like 7 years ago and a 3tb hdd that i simply used for storage. My old harddrive was full so I bought a new harddrive; a 1TB Samsung 870 Evo SSD and installed windows on it. I was dual-booting windows on both my ssds...
  3. Random Freeze since I updated to 21H1

Random Freeze since I updated to 21H1: This happens from time to time when I am working, but also many times when I wake up the computer from hibertination. It started when I updated to 21H1 a couple of weeks ago.All of a sudden windows becomes super laggy and unresponsive, as if anything would use a lot of...
  4. Windows Freezing

Windows Freezing: It's been a couple of months since this started happening. I have been having this weird kind of lag in my laptop. This glitch doesn't happen always btw. When you are using ur laptop, suddently the first thing that happens is the programs freeze, like If I am using Chrome,...
  5. DPC Watchdog Violation along with Mouse freezes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DPC Watchdog Violation along with Mouse freezes: On my computer I got this blue screen that said "dpc watchdog violation" and I was wondering what i should do and if watchdog is a virus, If so how can I find and remove it and if not thank god. I've never seen watchdog until my computer went blue. Along with that my mouse...
  6. Windows 10 Buzzing Sound/Freezing Screen then continue to act normal

Windows 10 Buzzing Sound/Freezing Screen then continue to act normal: Hey everybody!Let me explain what is happening: I got my new computer like 3 weeks ago. I installed the drivers, provided by the manufacturer. After using my lap top for like 4-5 hours, when watching videos or playing games, the screen freezes while a buzzing sound goes on,...
  7. my laptop freeze and then the audio Input stopped working

my laptop freeze and then the audio Input stopped working: my laptop is HP laptop 14s-dk0157 AU for more detail hereI was just playing some osu 3 days ago when it started to freeze, so i decided to restart my laptop and voila my laptop is back on.... except my audio input doesn't work. I usually use headphone so, I tried to unplug...
  8. Windows 10 Mouse starts to freeze

Windows 10 Mouse starts to freeze: Windows 10 Mouse starts to freeze only after i have started to copy files. before i copy files it works perfectly. need to restart to fix. i have checked drivers. have not needed to copy files in months so i have only just started having this issue....
  9. Sudden and super weird freezes

Sudden and super weird freezes: I am using this PC almost every day minimum of 6 hours sometimes up to 18 hours every day.I play games, put on idle and don't do anything for hours, edit videos, do tests etc...My computer freezes only on idle, while watching videos or while just studying. Not while I play...
  10. Freezing apps due to no permission to write to Program Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Freezing apps due to no permission to write to Program Files: Hi. This is an odd issue I've never seen before. Firstly, my Windows specs: This is after an in-place upgrade using Microsoft Media Creation Tool. I did the usual sfc /scannow and DSIM commands. I'm using 3D printing application such as Cura and Prusa and I find that with...