Windows 10: PC fresh install - crashes/freezes - windows 10

Discus and support PC fresh install - crashes/freezes - windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What is the problem?: The problem in short: after a freshly installing windows, the pc will suddenly start rebooting. After reboot you will get back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by plaguedoctor, May 13, 2020.

1. PC fresh install - crashes/freezes - windows 10

What is the problem?:
    The problem in short: after a freshly installing windows, the pc will suddenly start rebooting. After reboot you will get back to windows login. It is possible to login, however shortly after you login and for example you go to the windows updates it reboots again.
    This is the currently loopy state the pc is in. (Freaking annoying)

Tried:
    - Reimage, reinstall
    - Chkdsk,
    - Sfw,
    - Windows reset,
    - Windows start up repair,
    - Hardware checks,
    To be sure it is not a hardware issue, I have installed Ubuntu 18 on the same ssd as a dual boot. In ubuntu everything works fine.
    Safe mode works fine as well. The reboots are from “windows rebooting after failure” when turning the feature off. The pc will just freeze and that’s it. After a clean install I used safe mode.
    In safe mode I tried:
    - Device manager. Seeing if there were errors. Nothing which would explain the freezes.
    - Installing the nvidia drivers.

I stopped right here for now, (really really done with all this). Will continue later the day. However Hoped to get someone's opinion about this matter in the hope I missed something obivious.

Tom

:)

plaguedoctor, May 13, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 13, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 13, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

PC fresh install - crashes/freezes - windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, May 13, 2020
Thema:

PC fresh install - crashes/freezes - windows 10

1. PC fresh install - crashes/freezes - windows 10 - Similar Threads - fresh install crashes

2. Freshly installed Windows 1909 freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freshly installed Windows 1909 freezes: I’ve just installed Windows 10, 1909 using the USB flash drive. But most often my PC is not booting in the login screen because it freezes at the start. So it is impossible even unlock my computer. If it manages to get to the login screen, it freezes. Sometimes I am able to...
  3. Windows 10 fresh install freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fresh install freezing: Hello, so I have build a new pc for my girlfriend im installing windows 10 with the media creation tool via usb. The beginning goes well enough, but once it restarts the pc it freezes before it finishes booting. I have installed with 2 separate drives same problem, I have...
  4. PC freezing and crashing.

PC freezing and crashing.: Recently this started to happen when I'm alt+tabbing from a game called "Call of duty modern warfare 2019" or quitting the game. Memory dump: Code: Crash Dump Analysis -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Crash dumps are enabled...
  5. Window 10 Freezes on Fresh installed

Window 10 Freezes on Fresh installed: Hello, My desktop has been constantly freezing and sometimes giving me BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR within minutes of window startup. It seems to operate normally in safe mode. What troubleshooting steps can I perform to fix this issue? Desktop Spec. CPU: G4560...
  6. PC Freezes and Crash Windows 10

PC Freezes and Crash Windows 10: When i turn on my PC, after a minute it will freeze and shuts off. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freezes-and-crash-windows-10/2ece52ac-882f-41e7-a371-f699fec6d7b5
  7. PC Crashing / Freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Crashing / Freezing: To start with not sure if it's just a windows issue or a hardware issue yet. I can be playing games or just be in chrome. It will start with the audio repeating the second it's on whether it be a song or in-game sound. Then applications will slowly stop working. Then the...
  8. PC Freezing and Crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC Freezing and Crashing: Hello, I would like to ask for help because the past month my PC has been freezing and crashing I have Reseted it and install a new copy of windows if you can help that will be amazing...
  9. Pc freezes and crashes

Pc freezes and crashes: So i got new ssd about a month ago, a samsung 500gb 860 evo to be exact. I get blue screens that vary and my pc just freezes sometimes. This happens when im just browsing the web or playing games. Ive reinstalled windows multiple times,factory reset my ssd and reinstalled...
  10. Windows 10 freezing after fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freezing after fresh install: Hello, I built a PC recently, and it is currently running well on a mechanical hard-drive. Last night I attempted to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on an SSD, but the PC is now freezing regularly. Sometimes the PC restarts itself after the cursor becomes unresponsive....