Windows 10: PC fresh install - crashes/freezes - windows 10

Discus and support PC fresh install - crashes/freezes - windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What is the problem?: The problem in short: after a freshly installing windows, the pc will suddenly start rebooting. After reboot you will get back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by plaguedoctor, May 13, 2020.

1. PC fresh install - crashes/freezes - windows 10

What is the problem?:
    The problem in short: after a freshly installing windows, the pc will suddenly start rebooting. After reboot you will get back to windows login. It is possible to login, however shortly after you login and for example you go to the windows updates it reboots again.
    This is the currently loopy state the pc is in. (Freaking annoying)

Tried:
    - Reimage, reinstall
    - Chkdsk,
    - Sfw,
    - Windows reset,
    - Windows start up repair,
    - Hardware checks,
    To be sure it is not a hardware issue, I have installed Ubuntu 18 on the same ssd as a dual boot. In ubuntu everything works fine.
    Safe mode works fine as well. The reboots are from “windows rebooting after failure” when turning the feature off. The pc will just freeze and that’s it. After a clean install I used safe mode.
    In safe mode I tried:
    - Device manager. Seeing if there were errors. Nothing which would explain the freezes.
    - Installing the nvidia drivers.

I stopped right here for now, (really really done with all this). Will continue later the day. However Hoped to get someone's opinion about this matter in the hope I missed something obivious.

Tom

:)

plaguedoctor, May 13, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 13, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 13, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

PC fresh install - crashes/freezes - windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, May 13, 2020
Thema:

PC fresh install - crashes/freezes - windows 10

1. PC fresh install - crashes/freezes - windows 10 - Similar Threads - fresh install crashes

2. Fresh Windows 10 installation crashing computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows 10 installation crashing computer: I just built a computer and I'm trying to install windows 10 from A flash drive. Everything seems to work fine until the windows installer restarts the computer. Once the Computer restarts it will re-launch the windows installer instead of finishing the download. If I change...
  3. Fresh Windows 10 installation crashing computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Windows 10 installation crashing computer: I just built a computer and I'm trying to install windows 10 from A flash drive. Everything seems to work fine until the windows installer restarts the computer. Once the Computer restarts it will re-launch the windows installer instead of finishing the download. If I change...
  4. Windows 10 Crash At the start of Fresh Install

Windows 10 Crash At the start of Fresh Install: Heloo Everyone ! I have an issue, 1 Beutifull day just before going to it eat I Sleeped my pc Loptop ASUS , but after going back it didnt respond, Ok not a problem I throught but no... it was mistake... windows files got corrupted and Was requiring reinstalling, I know it...
  5. Fresh Windows 10 Install Keeps Crashing

Fresh Windows 10 Install Keeps Crashing: I built this PC in 2015 and it has always had Windows 7 on it. Since that is becoming outdated, I am trying to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 I don’t currently have an activation code. I have a 256 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD that have been wiped clean with no data. I have a MSI...
  6. Windows 10 Freezes after fresh installation

Windows 10 Freezes after fresh installation: Hi, I am having issues with a fresh install of Windows 10 20H2 on a new computer. I download the iso from Azure portal, then putting it into a usb with rufus. After the installation, the pc reboot. On the first screen some prints appears like preparing devices and so on...
  7. Fresh Install - PC Will not stop crashing

Fresh Install - PC Will not stop crashing: I decided it was time to do a fresh install of Windows 10 x64. I've done it many times for many PC's. It's always been a relatively easygoing process. Not this time. Before the reinstall, my PC was running fine. All my drives, no freezing, nothing. After the reinstall, I'm...
  8. Windows 10 fresh install freezing

Windows 10 fresh install freezing: Hello, so I have build a new pc for my girlfriend im installing windows 10 with the media creation tool via usb. The beginning goes well enough, but once it restarts the pc it freezes before it finishes booting. I have installed with 2 separate drives same problem, I have...
  9. Window 10 Freezes on Fresh installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 Freezes on Fresh installed: Hello, My desktop has been constantly freezing and sometimes giving me BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR within minutes of window startup. It seems to operate normally in safe mode. What troubleshooting steps can I perform to fix this issue? Desktop Spec. CPU: G4560...
  10. Windows 10 freezing after fresh install

Windows 10 freezing after fresh install: Hello, I built a PC recently, and it is currently running well on a mechanical hard-drive. Last night I attempted to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on an SSD, but the PC is now freezing regularly. Sometimes the PC restarts itself after the cursor becomes unresponsive....