Windows 10: Pc from usb stick boats?

Discus and support Pc from usb stick boats? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have tried to boot Windows 10 on my old computer. I created a bootable usb-stick with 16GB with the media creation tool of Windows,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by XcodeSearchBAr, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Pc from usb stick boats?

Hello,

I have tried to boot Windows 10 on my old computer. I created a bootable usb-stick with 16GB with the media creation tool of Windows, everything worked fine, no error messages. After I plugged the usb stick into my pc (Lenovo Ideapad 100), I went into the bios to change the boot order. But the usb stick is not displayed at all (see pictures). Since I am not a professional in this area I would be very happy about an answer.

Pc from usb stick boats? 0_big.jpg

Pc from usb stick boats? 1_big.jpg

Pc from usb stick boats? 2_big.jpg

Pc from usb stick boats? 3_big.jpg

Pc from usb stick boats? 4_big.jpg

:)

XcodeSearchBAr, Aug 1, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Install Windows 10 from USB stick on legacy BIOS PC

I am struggling to install Windows 10 on an old PC (equipped with GA P35-DS3L motherboard, which has BIOS, no UEFI), from a USB stick.

Try 1:

1. Using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, create bootable USB flash drive
    2. Boot to this drive (F12 at boot)

Result: Windows setup does not launch. Instead, BIOS throws error Invalid Partition Table

My guess: the Windows tool is simply not compatible with BIOS systems, as it creates a GPT instead of a MBR.

Try 2:

1. Download the ISO using Media Creation Tool
    2. Create a bootable USB
      drive from this ISO using Rufus (checking the "MBR" option).

Result: setup launches successfully, but I cannot get past the "partition selection" step.

Whenever I select an empty space (or a valid partition freshly created on my system HDD), I get error: We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files.

I have also tried using diskpart to create a new primary partition (disk 0 clean create partition primary active format fs=ntfs quick assign).
    The error was the same when trying to install Windows on it.

My guess: the USB stick might be confusing Windows, which would see it as a HDD and try to install on it (?)

I have tried with 2 sticks (one USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0), same results.

How can I solve this?

Sébastien, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Pc from usb stick boats?

both USB 3 slot - front -in my PC Not read USB STICKS either 3.0 or 2.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are having difficulties in connecting the USB stick on a 3.0 port. As you have mentioned that this issue is with the front slot, then what happens when you connect the USB stick on the back slot?

Also, we would like to know the make and model of the PC/motherboard for further investigation.

Meanwhile, you may refer the steps as suggested in this article: USB
    Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive
    (Ignore method 1 & 2) and also suggest you to update the USB device and Chipset driver from the PC/motherboard manufacturer website.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Pc from usb stick boats?

1. Pc from usb stick boats? - Similar Threads - usb stick boats

2. Help transferring photos from PC to USB stick?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help transferring photos from PC to USB stick?: Hi there, I'm wondering if someone could help me? I am trying to transfer high resolution images to a USB stick. I'm just trying to back all the images up to ensure that I have a second copy. All the images are downloaded to by laptop and all open correctly, however when I...
  3. Help transferring photos from PC to USB stick?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help transferring photos from PC to USB stick?: Hi there, I'm wondering if someone could help me? I am trying to transfer high resolution images to a USB stick. I'm just trying to back all the images up to ensure that I have a second copy. All the images are downloaded to by laptop and all open correctly, however when I...
  4. Help transferring photos from PC to USB stick?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error booting from a USB stick?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error booting from a USB stick?: I have an 8gb botbar USB stick with Windows 10, when I plug it into my PC and want to boot from it, the message like in this picture appears. What can I do? I can't find the right solution. Thanks in advance! Picture source:...
  6. Rescue data from USB stick?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Rescue data from USB stick?: My USB stick is no longer recognized by my PC and all others and should be formatted. When I go to the disk management, the stick is displayed, but in RAW format and only with 8MB storage space although it has 2GB. Some data recovery programs like EaseUS or Recuva can't find...
  7. Can't boot from USB stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot from USB stick: I have Windows 10 currently installed on my PC. I want to go back to Windows 7, and I have a USB stick with the Windows 7 setup files. When my computer is starting up, I press esc to open the bios menu, then select boot device, then I select the USB with the Windows 7 setup...
  8. Booting from USB stick or DVD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Booting from USB stick or DVD: Imagine a computer where W10 is running on an SSD. I have a USB stick and/or a DVD which contain a bootable version of W10 (probably made from Microsoft's Media Creation Tool). After a fault, the plan is that after tickling F12 (in my case) the above bootable version could be...
  9. Recover USB stick from Memtest86?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover USB stick from Memtest86?: This is stupid. I created a new bootable memtest86 onto a small 4GB USB stick. All OK. Now it says that it is just a 26MB drive! So I went to diskpart and did a CLEAN. Great, and it shows 4GB unallocated. NOTHING I try, even a Create Partition Primary will then let me...
  10. boot from USB stick?

in Windows 10 Support
    boot from USB stick?: Hi All, I just purchased a new windows 10, which came as a USB Flash stick and Im curious if I can use it as an emergency boot USB? in case computer wont boot normally? Thnx! 21792

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to boat pc from flash