Windows 10: pc froze/restarted twice so far 40 hours apart. event id 161

Discus and support pc froze/restarted twice so far 40 hours apart. event id 161 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Was playing black desert as usual when my pc just restarted.Event viewer said it was event id 161 Volmgr https://imgur.com/a/sjuIdBw 40 hours later... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wiseude, Nov 5, 2019.

1. pc froze/restarted twice so far 40 hours apart. event id 161

Was playing black desert as usual when my pc just restarted.Event viewer said it was event id 161 Volmgr https://imgur.com/a/sjuIdBw 40 hours later (almost playing the same game at the same time it happens a 2nd time.Both times no dumps where created.

y config:

- i9 9900k 4.7ghz

- 1080ti strix oc edition (not oc'd) (driver 436.48 clean installed with dducleaner 2 weeks ago)

- 3200mhz 16gb ddr 4 ram (xmpd) tested with memtest86 multiple times likea couplle of months ago.

- Rog maximus XI hero (bios 1005)

- R750MX PSU

- 970 evo SSD 500gb (Everything on this 1 SSD)

- w10 1903

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/21011094

submitted by /u/wiseude
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wiseude, Nov 5, 2019

2. Kernal power 41 (61) id 161

Hello

So lately I have have this issue where my computer would unexpectedly restart without any information. This never happens when a game is running like battlefield 4 only and it occurs more often when chrome is open. When I go to event viewer it says "event
    critical kernel power 41 (63) id 161. When the computer restarts the mouse freezes and then the monitors turn off and the computer restarts. How could I fix this problem?

So far I tried:

• factory reset windows
    • check mnd dump
    -Szczepulec7

SzczepulecLetkiewicz, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Nigel_H Win User
    Windows 10 Windows Remote Management Event IDs 142 and 161

Looking in the event log Microsoft-Windows-Windows Remote Management/Operational I spotted the following errors occurring on my clean build Windows 10 Anniversary Edition where sfc and chkdsk show no issues and the AV Program and AntiMalware Programs show
    that the PC is clean

Event ID 142

WSMan operation Enumeration failed, error code 2150858770

Event ID 161

The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly
    IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig".

These appear after the messages

Event ID 145

WSMan operation Enumeration started with resourceUri http://schemas.microsoft.com/wbem/wsman/1/config/listener

Event ID 254

Activity Transfer

@Microsoft - can you please explain what is going on and how your system defaults seem to produce this

Nigel_H, Nov 5, 2019
  4. pc froze/restarted twice so far 40 hours apart. event id 161

Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

pc froze/restarted twice so far 40 hours apart. event id 161

1. pc froze/restarted twice so far 40 hours apart. event id 161 - Similar Threads - froze restarted twice

2. How to stop BSOD, I got it twice so far

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop BSOD, I got it twice so far: So, I got 2 BSOD blue screen of death one as on 12/5 and one on 12/10 I can see event viewer but cant seem to figure out what's causing it can someone help me DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION...
  3. Error Event id : 161 volmgr

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Event id : 161 volmgr: My PC keeps crashing or freezing. Evey time I need to hold the power key to restart.First it happens every half an hour and the time keeps decreasing to 10 then to 5, eventually my PC will not boot into BIOS and I need to remove the CPU and reset CMOS to start again and the...
  4. Error Event id : 161 volmgr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Event id : 161 volmgr: My PC keeps crashing or freezing. Evey time I need to hold the power key to restart.First it happens every half an hour and the time keeps decreasing to 10 then to 5, eventually my PC will not boot into BIOS and I need to remove the CPU and reset CMOS to start again and the...
  5. WHEA Uncorrectable Error then Event ID 161

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA Uncorrectable Error then Event ID 161: When I try to play games on my PC it sometimes randomly BSOD's WHEA Uncorrectable Error, then upon checking the event manager it says event ID 161.Please help :<I've tried checking my HDD and SSD but there were no bad parts in it just can't seem to know what the problem...
  6. HP Workstation Windows 10 suddenly froze, restarted with Event ID 41

HP Workstation Windows 10 suddenly froze, restarted with Event ID 41: Yesterday evening my 7-months old HP Z8 G4 Workstation with Windows 10 Professional Workstation suddenly froze after continuous uninterrupted operation for nearly 3 months without restart, using UPS all the time.I was just getting ready to fill in search items in Google...
  7. Why is everything so far apart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is everything so far apart?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jlatham82 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mpl6nn/why_is_everything_so_far_apart/
  8. Event Id 161 reboots.

Event Id 161 reboots.: so a few months back i replaced all part of my PC except D and E drive + PSU because i got this error every 5 minutes almost and got rebooted every time no bsod, now it has started happening again and i cant figure out why. any idea?...
  9. System Rebooting - Event ID 41 & Event ID 161

System Rebooting - Event ID 41 & Event ID 161: Hello, My system has started rebooting without BSOD randomly, but usually when playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider or other programs that have the PC under load. Today, it did it when trying to open a system information viewer program when nothing else was running. The CPU...
  10. Pc froze/restarted twice 4-5 days apart. event id 161 (4-5 days apart)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc froze/restarted twice 4-5 days apart. event id 161 (4-5 days apart): Was playing black desert as usual when my pc just restarted.Event viewer said it was event id 161 Volmgr https://imgur.com/a/OIbNdYk?fbclid=IwAR34-WbY-KokRFTpnmHUuAJ-4Rbnw0z5hLv8II8CoDJTMvlxoovT2ITzwS4 the first time it happend was on the 1st of november playing the same game...