Windows 10: PC froze when clicking on toolbar folder

Discus and support PC froze when clicking on toolbar folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have multiple W10 new systems, and when i clicked on a toolbar folder such as "desktop", the entire pc, keyboard, mouse froze for 1-2 secs. Has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Amazing10, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Amazing10 Win User

PC froze when clicking on toolbar folder

I have multiple W10 new systems, and when i clicked on a toolbar folder such as "desktop", the entire pc, keyboard, mouse froze for 1-2 secs.
    Has anybody encounter this?

:)

Amazing10, Apr 9, 2019
  2. colparis Win User

Modification date of link files (lnk) is updated when clicked, and if they are in a toolbar

I'm on Windows 10, and I customized a toolbar in my taskbar, with links to programs (Notepad, Paint, Calc, ...). The steps I followed are:

• Create a folder MyToolbar
    • In this folder, add the shortcuts to notepad.exe (notepad.lnk) and mspaint.exe (mspaint.lnk)
    • Right click on the taskbar, chose Toolbar, then New Toolbar
    • Chose the folder MyToolbar
    • A new toolbar is created in the taskbar
    Every time I click on one of these icons to launch a program, for example Notepad, the modification date of notepad.lnk in the folder MyToolbar is updated.

This is annoying: because of this behavior, the synchronization program I use updates this file each time I click on it.

Can you reproduce this bug? Any solution?

colparis, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Upper screen toolbar in Windows 10 to locate program shortcuts which launch on mouse clicking

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might be due to the compatibility of the Office 97 toolbar application with Windows 10.
    I suggest you to install the Office 97 toolbar application in compatibility mode and check.
    Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Also, I suggest you to check with the Office 97 toolbar manufacturers once for any updates on the software.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Micah Bat Win User

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

1. PC froze when clicking on toolbar folder - Similar Threads - froze clicking toolbar

2. PC froze then reboot when playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC froze then reboot when playing a game: So I had this issue before, and the solution I was given was to run DDU to remove my current Nvidia drivers, I did that it was working great for a little over a week now but Today I've been getting random reboots when playing a game. My specs are as follows:GPU: RTX 4090CPU:...
  3. PC froze then reboot when playing a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC froze then reboot when playing a game: So I had this issue before, and the solution I was given was to run DDU to remove my current Nvidia drivers, I did that it was working great for a little over a week now but Today I've been getting random reboots when playing a game. My specs are as follows:GPU: RTX 4090CPU:...
  4. PC froze then reboot when playing a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The toolbar shows the folder when locked. Any solution?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The toolbar shows the folder when locked. Any solution?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xkdhc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/x2mjwh/the_toolbar_shows_the_folder_when_locked_any/
  6. A question regarding pc froze when entering password

A question regarding pc froze when entering password: Hi, i have a question, my pc was working perfectly fine no issues, i have turned my pc on and off many times during its purchase and not once has this occurred. I would like to know what caused it, i was one day turning my pc on i entered my password which is a pin and the pc...
  7. PC randomly froze, couldnt click on anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC randomly froze, couldnt click on anything: Well,my dad was on his PC watching videos on YouTube and taking screenshots with that Windows snipping tool while suddenly,whole PC froze. You couldnt close any app,you couldnt click on start,switch between apps but you could still interact with current app on screen...
  8. Pc froze up.

Pc froze up.: While playing video games my computer sometimes freezes up completely. Windows reliability monitor shows: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎4/‎14/‎2020 8:06 PM Status Not reported Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working...
  9. When I click on an app, it is locked to the toolbar, and cannot open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I click on an app, it is locked to the toolbar, and cannot open: when tying to open an app, I click the icon on the home page. However, the icon locks on the toolbar and I cannot open the app up. Other apps work OK How to correct?...
  10. When clicking start menu, toolbar on taskbar disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    When clicking start menu, toolbar on taskbar disappears: I've attached a video below of the problem. When clicking the start menu, one of my toolbars (Media Monkey Media Player) disappears for some reason, and re-appears when releasing from the start menu. I've checked every option in Media Monkey and haven' t found a good reason...