Windows 10: PC froze when clicking on toolbar folder

Discus and support PC froze when clicking on toolbar folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have multiple W10 new systems, and when i clicked on a toolbar folder such as "desktop", the entire pc, keyboard, mouse froze for 1-2 secs. Has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Amazing10, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Amazing10 Win User

PC froze when clicking on toolbar folder

I have multiple W10 new systems, and when i clicked on a toolbar folder such as "desktop", the entire pc, keyboard, mouse froze for 1-2 secs.
    Has anybody encounter this?

:)

Amazing10, Apr 9, 2019
  2. colparis Win User

Modification date of link files (lnk) is updated when clicked, and if they are in a toolbar

I'm on Windows 10, and I customized a toolbar in my taskbar, with links to programs (Notepad, Paint, Calc, ...). The steps I followed are:

• Create a folder MyToolbar
    • In this folder, add the shortcuts to notepad.exe (notepad.lnk) and mspaint.exe (mspaint.lnk)
    • Right click on the taskbar, chose Toolbar, then New Toolbar
    • Chose the folder MyToolbar
    • A new toolbar is created in the taskbar
    Every time I click on one of these icons to launch a program, for example Notepad, the modification date of notepad.lnk in the folder MyToolbar is updated.

This is annoying: because of this behavior, the synchronization program I use updates this file each time I click on it.

Can you reproduce this bug? Any solution?

colparis, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Upper screen toolbar in Windows 10 to locate program shortcuts which launch on mouse clicking

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might be due to the compatibility of the Office 97 toolbar application with Windows 10.
    I suggest you to install the Office 97 toolbar application in compatibility mode and check.
    Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Also, I suggest you to check with the Office 97 toolbar manufacturers once for any updates on the software.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Micah Bat Win User

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

1. PC froze when clicking on toolbar folder - Similar Threads - froze clicking toolbar

2. Clicking Quick Launch Toolbar to Close The Program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking Quick Launch Toolbar to Close The Program: When I click on the icons in the Quick Launch Toolbar, it opens the program up, but when I click it again, instead of closing it nothing happens. How do I get the Quick Launch Toolbar icons to close it if it's open and open if it's closed when I clicked them?...
  3. Quick launch toolbar folder is removed periodically

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick launch toolbar folder is removed periodically: My Quick launch folder disappears from the taskbar after using CCleaner. Is there a special assigned place, or a registry setting for this folder not to be removed from the taskbar? 116767
  4. Unresponsive toolbar folder buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive toolbar folder buttons: Win 10 Pro 15063.1155 (1703/RS2) Lately, when I open file explorer folders, some randomly become non-responsive from the desktop toolbar. Left Click on the toolbar button and nothing happens. I must right click them and choose "close window". I can reopen them from a...
  5. PC Froze, then video went bad on restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Froze, then video went bad on restart: My PC froze and I had to hard reset it. When it came back on, there were graphical glitches all over the desktop and the PC BSODed. Wondering what's up. Thanks! I have a support post open on Tom's Hardware with additional info if that helps. I seem to be having weird issues...
  6. Only one folder crashes when right-clicked

in Windows 10 Support
    Only one folder crashes when right-clicked: I am having a heck of a time trying to solve an unusual problem. The folder in question is the Downloads folder in "This PC". This folder is not the downloads folder I wish to use and so I have another folder set up, which works fine in Quick Access. So I want to change...
  7. Only one folder crashes when right-clicked

in Windows 10 Support
    Only one folder crashes when right-clicked: I am having a heck of a time trying to solve an unusual problem. The folder in question is the Downloads folder in "This PC". This folder is not the downloads folder I wish to use and so I have another folder set up, which works fine in Quick Access. So I want to change...
  8. Explorer crashing when right clicking folders on Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashing when right clicking folders on Navigation Pane: Hi there Recently I've been experiencing a weird problem with Windows 10. Right clicking any folders on the pane on the left - the one with folders, libraries etc. causes explorer to freeze and then crash. I can right click on files and folders in the main explorer...
  9. Right clicking on folders...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Right clicking on folders...: ...and icons takes unreasonable long time to open - what could be the reason? 38237
  10. Explorer crashing when right clicking in the video folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashing when right clicking in the video folder: Last week I bought a new gaming PC. Came with Windows 10. Now I've noticed then when I right click in the system default video folder (under "this PC") explorer crashes. It only happens with the video folder for some reason. Even clicking the tabs make it crash except for...