Windows 10: PC frozen on “shutting down” window

Discus and support PC frozen on “shutting down” window in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I updated to Windows 10 a few weeks ago but last night my PC would not close. I have left it overnight on battery in the hope it would force it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KarenColes2, Sep 17, 2019.

1. PC frozen on “shutting down” window

I updated to Windows 10 a few weeks ago but last night my PC would not close. I have left it overnight on battery in the hope it would force it to close down but it goes into “sleep” mode and when you wake it with the mouse it is still showing “shutting down”. I cannot force close as my power button broke a few months ago so I use the Windows “shut down” or “sleep” buttons which obviously I cant access right now!

:)

KarenColes2, Sep 17, 2019

2. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 17, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 17, 2019
  4. PC frozen on “shutting down” window

Frozen Computer

Hi Cindy,

In order for us to help you with your frozen computer, kindly answer the following questions:

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post and we appreciate your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

PC frozen on “shutting down” window

1. PC frozen on “shutting down” window - Similar Threads - frozen “shutting down”

2. PC Shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Shut down: Hello i need help,Runtime broker is causing pc shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-shut-down/255540e4-c2c1-45bd-9daa-b558f8f41ef1
  3. pc is not shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc is not shutting down: pc is not getting shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-is-not-shutting-down/806eccae-d70f-462d-842a-718ffe0f42cd
  4. shut down of PC

shut down of PC: My laptop has started automatically shutting down after a short while of inactivity. What's causing that? What settings do I need to change to have it go to sleep instead?...
  5. PC is shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC is shutting down: My pc is shutting down many times a day and I go to reliability monitor and it says "hardware error" my problem event name is LiveKernalEvent and the code is 141, The locale ID is 1033. every time i open a video game it takes about 2 minutes then it shuts down, please help....
  6. PC shuts down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shuts down: Hello, Can't remember when this started, but the PC shuts down randomly. Power does not cut off, Windows behaves as if it was told to shut down. Happens once a month/two mounts. Don't believe there is a overheating issue. Sleep/hibernate are disabled. It's a desktop....
  7. PC will not shut down

PC will not shut down: Hello! My PC will not shut down. I click on "Start" and select "Shut Down", but the PC performs a re-start. This is no ordinary re-start, I get the login screen then it opens up on the internet with a page from Bing, usually a geography page. I have ordered a new graphics...
  8. pc shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pc shutting down: so my pc has been shutting down randomly no error codes or anything straight to black that made me think it was the psu well i replaced it and still persists and the only thing event viewer is showing is this 9 - <Event...
  9. Pc will not shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pc will not shut down: Hello! I have virtually a new pc, it's running Windows 10. The problem is I cannot shut it down. I click start, then the power button , then shut down. The message on the screen says shutting down, then it restarts. Must be setting somewhere. Cheers,...
  10. PC is not shutting down

PC is not shutting down: i have windows 10 and hp elitbook 8460p laptop but when i am clicking on shutdown or hibernate the screen goes black and black forever. until my laptop battery come empty, i also changed windows but now in this windows first some times it shut down, but now it is also not...