Windows 10: PC full format of all drives

Discus and support PC full format of all drives in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My pc has been having problems and wanted a clean start so i decided to remove everything through windows reset now it's stuck at resetting this PC 99%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TimothyRuto, Jun 16, 2020.

1. PC full format of all drives

My pc has been having problems and wanted a clean start so i decided to remove everything through windows reset now it's stuck at resetting this PC 99% for more than 3hrs. Should i wait it out or just cancel it?

:)

TimothyRuto, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 16, 2020
  4. mikel33 Win User

PC full format of all drives

USB Flash Drive saying not formatted..?

Hi,

I have a Memorex Poker Chip USB Flash Drive 1GB, and It shows up fine on one PC as "Poker Chip" in explore, and I can transfer files... but on my other PC (the one I'm on now..specs in profile) it's listed only as H: Removable Disk, and when I click on it, it says: "The Device is not formatted, would you like to format it now? (Y/N). Why would it be recognized on one PC, but the not the other? How come the other PC didn't need it formatted? When I click yes to format it, it says: "Windows was unable to complete the format"

I went to the BIOS and USB 2.0 is enabled. And Device Manager does list it as a Memorex Poker Chip..

mikel33, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

PC full format of all drives

1. PC full format of all drives - Similar Threads - full format drives

2. USB drive formats PC to MAC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB drive formats PC to MAC: Will a MacIntosh M1 Air accept a USB drive that has been formatted and contains files from a PC Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-formats-pc-to-mac/e82ed4f8-ab8f-41b9-b896-24912d07b09b
  3. USB drive formats PC to MAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drive formats PC to MAC: Will a MacIntosh M1 Air accept a USB drive that has been formatted and contains files from a PC Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-formats-pc-to-mac/e82ed4f8-ab8f-41b9-b896-24912d07b09b
  4. USB drive formats PC to MAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Formatting during boot drive reinstall. Is it a full format really?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Formatting during boot drive reinstall. Is it a full format really?: I recently reinstalled windows using a boot drive usb. During the process I formatted and deleted the partitions and drives so only one remained, where I installed Windows. My question is, why does it format so quickly? I click format and it seems to do so instantly....
  6. Win10x64 1803: Full Format of Hard Drives Faulty?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10x64 1803: Full Format of Hard Drives Faulty?: A few days back I got a slew of disk errors in Event Viewer and quickly backed up the drive in question and started testing it. Before that, I checked and the only errors in the SMART data were crc errors, which do not normally indicate a failing drive, especially in the...
  7. "Your File History Drive Full", when it shouldn't be full at all

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    "Your File History Drive Full", when it shouldn't be full at all: I can't seem to back up. I have a Western Digital External 8Tb drive, trying to back up 3Tb of data. The WD backup drive is a single partition NTFS. I tried the WD backup software that came with the drive. When the drive was completely empty and new, the WD backup software...
  8. How to do a Full format on a USB flash drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to do a Full format on a USB flash drive?: How do you Fully Format a USB flash drive correctly if you suspect there might be a problem with the drive? I know there are a few methods to Format a USB flash drive in Windows. In Windows...there's, This PC and Right click on drive/select format and theres also the Disk...
  9. Full format of my 'C' Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Full format of my 'C' Drive: I am just about to do a re-install of Windows 10 and am wondering if I can first do a very thorough clean-up of my 'C' drive first by doing a full format before carrying our the reinstall. I am just about to look for the USB stick with Windows 10 on it, I think that it...
  10. Where are the logs for a full drive format located?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are the logs for a full drive format located?: I just ran a full format of a new 2tb hdd. The full format is supposed to scan for bad sectors. So how do I know the results? The format ended after 6 hours but gave zero notifications afterwards. Where can I see the results of the format/health of the new drive? The only...