Windows 10: PC-Game can not start due to error 0x0000604

Discus and support PC-Game can not start due to error 0x0000604 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a issue with the game hearts of iron 4. When launching the game it shows the error code 0x0000604. Here a screenshoot: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FxT_Kirill, Dec 12, 2019.

1. PC-Game can not start due to error 0x0000604

Hi there,

I have a issue with the game hearts of iron 4. When launching the game it shows the error code 0x0000604. Here a screenshoot:

PC-Game can not start due to error 0x0000604 f609dd16-d73a-4fff-9cb5-bd04440faea2?upload=true.png

There are two different ways to launch the game. One is over its starting launcher, where the game just tells there is an issue and one over the gamefolder over the exe file. The above error code appears when i start the exe file directly. I have tried the same on my laptop and it works fine.

I have already tried to :

-Clean reinstall of the game by also deleting old files.

-> Files in Documents as also in the appdata folder on advice from their support.

- Run steam integrity of game files

- Turned off anti-virus

- Windows is up to date as also the graphic card (if this matters)

- Turned off Windows Smartscreen filter and Firewall

- Tried to install the game over the secret Windows Administrator Profile (after deleting the documents and appdata data since the document folder location changes)

- Tried to run in different compability mode Win 8/7

- Tried to start with "optimized screen" option

- gave "dowser.exe" same settings as my "hoi4.exe" (the game in short version).

I have a laptop on which the game runs fine with windows 10 basic.

After googling for this error code I came only up to Windows Edge beeing the reason for it which does not make sence for me in this case. I am stuck on finding a solution for this!

I have talked with their support team and they cannot help me in this regard. I hope to find a answer here.

Additional Information:

Windows 10 Pro

Intel I7 3930K

GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

Kind Regards

Kirill

:)

FxT_Kirill, Dec 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 Game Apps

Based on the error you've received, this seems to be due to corrupted Store cache. We suggest manually resetting the Store app from the Settings menu. Here are the steps:

• Click Start, then Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the Store app, then click Reset.
    • Click Reset again to confirm.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Sign in to the app. Launch the game and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend accessing the game from the Start menu. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select All apps, and then find your game in the list. Check if you encounter the same issue.

We also recommend signing in to a different user profile. This can help determine if this is due to corrupted user profile. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.
    • Restart the game to see if it works correctly.

If you don't have a different user profile, kindly perform the steps provided on this link

Catherine Cus., Dec 12, 2019
  3. Error 0x80073CF9, Need Help On Windows 10 Home Store is not Updating App & Games (Laptop)

Hi,

This error may occur due to several reasons. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We also suggest that you reset the Windows Store app by following these steps:

• Press Win + R to open the Run dialog
    • Type WSReset.exe.

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Dec 12, 2019
  4. PC-Game can not start due to error 0x0000604

PC totally freeze when i want to open the task manager while in game !!

Hi,

One possible reason as to why you're encountering this issue is due to outdated Windows 10 software. For us to determine the root cause, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you encountering this issue on all games and applications?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you playing the game online when you experience this issue?
    Meanwhile, we suggest checking if there are updates available for your Windows 10 PC. See

How to get software and driver updates for Windows 10
    for the steps.

Keep us posted with the progress. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

PC-Game can not start due to error 0x0000604

1. PC-Game can not start due to error 0x0000604 - Similar Threads - Game start due

2. Cannot start wuauserv due to error 1058

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot start wuauserv due to error 1058: Hi all,I cannot start wuauserv with error 1058 ...I tried : - run cmd prompt in administrator level > net start wuauserv return error 1058 - go to services.msc > Windows Update state: deactivated > properties > start return error 1058 - I ran > sfc /scannow no problem returns...
  3. Cannot start wuauserv due to error 1058

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot start wuauserv due to error 1058: Hi all,I cannot start wuauserv with error 1058 ...I tried : - run cmd prompt in administrator level > net start wuauserv return error 1058 - go to services.msc > Windows Update state: deactivated > properties > start return error 1058 - I ran > sfc /scannow no problem returns...
  4. Error starting a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error starting a game.: When I go to start a game up from the menu it starts, then opening music begins then shuts down, then I get a u handled exception error pops up and I don't know what to do, please help, it's an older game, Diablo 2, I tried a couple different options but nothing fixes it....
  5. Error starting a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error starting a game.: When I go to start a game up from the menu it starts, then opening music begins then shuts down, then I get a u handled exception error pops up and I don't know what to do, please help, it's an older game, Diablo 2, I tried a couple different options but nothing fixes it....
  6. Can't start a service due to Error 1053

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't start a service due to Error 1053: Rockstar Games Launcher wouldn't start anymore, even after multiple reinstallations, so I decided to manually start the associated service (RockstarService.exe) from Services console. However, the service won't start and this error message appears: Error 1053: The service did...
  7. pc crashes while gaming (due to ssd?)

in Windows 10 Support
    pc crashes while gaming (due to ssd?): os number: 19041.450 hello everyone, my problem: my pc randomly freezes (usually while gaming) and then restarts itself. my idea would be that it has to do with my ssd. usually when i use cc cleaner and trim my ssd my pc doesnt crash. however, my ssd doesnt trim...
  8. The game will not start-up due to application error dxrender.dll at 00072602

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The game will not start-up due to application error dxrender.dll at 00072602: I have played the game elf bowling holiday pack on my laptop which is running windows 10, I havent had any issues before and I haven't changed anything on my laptop. I then started to experience this issue a day ago: TGGraphicsDevice.FindFullScreenFormat: No acceptable...
  9. Can not start the game on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not start the game on PC: Hello. I bought Forza Motorsport 7 for PC. After downloading the 99GB of the game, the game starts, and when pressing enter to play, he tells me that an unknown error has occurred ... Someone has a solution? Thanks in advance....
  10. game had to reinstall due to an error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    game had to reinstall due to an error: I was playing Forza horizon 4 for a bit this morning then I went and took a break. Once I tried to start the game back up it said the saved files had been moved or deleted, so then I went back toy the Microsoft store and went to the game, once I was there it said I had to...