Windows 10: PC Game, Static Audio

Discus and support PC Game, Static Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed a CD that has six PC games on it. They all installed and they open properly. Only one of the games has an issue. When I open this game, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VeronicaXE, Aug 7, 2018.

1. PC Game, Static Audio

I installed a CD that has six PC games on it. They all installed and they open properly. Only one of the games has an issue. When I open this game, the audio sounds static-y.

In device manager, I checked everything under "audio inputs and outputs" and "sound, video and game controllers" to see if any drivers could be updated. Three of the four were already the best possible drivers; the last one I updated. This didn't solve the problem.

Any advice on what to do next?

:)

VeronicaXE, Aug 7, 2018

2. Odd Static Noise Issues when starting Game

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

This issue may be caused by incompatible audio drivers or incompatible game setup. I suggest you to try installing both in compatibility mode and check if it works. To do so, kindly refer to the below given methods:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try compatibility mode for installation of game and check if it helps. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Right click on game setup that you have downloaded.
    • Click/tap on Properties.
    • Check the Run this program in Compatibility mode for under
      Compatibility tab
    • Select Windows 8.1/8/7/XP from the drop down under
      Compatibility mode section.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Install the drivers, restart PC and check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:

Try installing audio driver in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the audio driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Static/Stuttering with audio

Hi Decklin,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

This might occur if the audio driver is not updated properly. I suggest you to update the audio driver and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps.

1) Press
    Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.

2) Select Device Manager.

3) Expand Sound video and games Controller.

4) Right on the audio drivers and click on
    Update driver software.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 7, 2018
  4. PC Game, Static Audio

We can't find an audio device for your PC.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Update all your audio drivers.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Double-click on the Sound card.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.

• Restart the computer and check.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Double-click on the Sound card.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

PC Game, Static Audio

1. PC Game, Static Audio - Similar Threads - Game Static Audio

2. Stuttering with static audio when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering with static audio when gaming: I've had this problem before however its been fixed by the help of someone else The steps I currently took to resolve this were:Power Plan OptionsDisabled other programs in the background that potentially hindered my performanceChanged Nitro-sense AC and power to high...
  3. Stuttering with static audio when gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuttering with static audio when gaming: I've had this problem before however its been fixed by the help of someone else The steps I currently took to resolve this were:Power Plan OptionsDisabled other programs in the background that potentially hindered my performanceChanged Nitro-sense AC and power to high...
  4. audio static and crackling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio static and crackling: So this is a weird one so i was on vacation for a week away from my PC which was working fine I took my headset with me and used it on my phone everything fine until I got back and plugged my headset back in my pc and now i hear static and audio crackling and my headset plays...
  5. audio static and crackling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio static and crackling: So this is a weird one so i was on vacation for a week away from my PC which was working fine I took my headset with me and used it on my phone everything fine until I got back and plugged my headset back in my pc and now i hear static and audio crackling and my headset plays...
  6. audio static and crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. audio pop static while gaming and listening to spotify

audio pop static while gaming and listening to spotify: i have an rtx 2070 super and a xf273 acer nitro with freesync and gsync activate on it on board sound a rog strix z390 e gaming mobo 9700k 32 gig of ram plenty of cooling can any one help me im not very computer savy i am on windows 10 21h1 new fresh clean in stall on a nvme...
  8. Audio Static/Crackling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Static/Crackling: Over the past week I have been experiencing audio static and crackling. Sometimes quite severely and it hurts to hear. I have done so many things and it has not changed anything for more than a couple hours. When I tried to intall new drivers Windows would say I already had...
  9. audio static

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    audio static: I just purchased a new HP laptop with windows 10 installed. When going through the initial setup Cortona voice control worked great now when on the internet the audio is all static and the sound is going in and out. should I send the computer back and replace or is there a...
  10. Static Noises for Audio

Static Noises for Audio: Windows 10 Home 64bit, HP Pavilion dv7 When I play videos on Youtube or Vimeo or music on SoundCloud (which is as much as I tested), I hear a static sound. It happens the most often for YouTube, maybe 10 seconds, and less often for Vimeo and SoundCloud. This impacts...