Windows 10: PC Gamepass Ultimate game keeps trying to reinstall

Discus and support PC Gamepass Ultimate game keeps trying to reinstall in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have Gamepass Ultimate and played through Metro Exodus on my PC. I noticed it constantly downloading approx 50GB updates so I just uninstalled it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Frustratedwith8, Aug 29, 2019.

1. PC Gamepass Ultimate game keeps trying to reinstall

I have Gamepass Ultimate and played through Metro Exodus on my PC.

I noticed it constantly downloading approx 50GB updates so I just uninstalled it.

Now it keeps coming back and I can't remove it from the XBOX (Beta) launcher because I don't have the option.

PC Gamepass Ultimate game keeps trying to reinstall [​IMG]

So I then tried going into the store and uninstalling it, but it keeps coming back.

I have run a "wsreset" in Powershell and that removes it from the store but as soon as I open XBOX (Beta) app it is there and it reappears as an update in the store.

PC Gamepass Ultimate game keeps trying to reinstall 0d8a9645-8235-46ac-8ea5-ae244197caf8?upload=true.png

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the XBOX (Beta) app but it just continues to stay in the app and the store tries to download the update.

I've also run "sfc /scannow" and it detects no issues.

How do I remove the game and stop this from perpetually downloading 50GB updates?

*****EDIT*****

I have paused updates for 7 days as a temporary measure

:)

Frustratedwith8, Aug 29, 2019

2. Gamepass games on PC not working

I have a valid gamepass ultimate subscription and recently tried to play gamepass games on PC. I downloaded the app and installed Crosscode and The Messenger. When I try to launch the games through the Xbox PC app, the app minimizes and nothing happens.
    When I try to launch the games through the start menu, it just directs me to the Windows Store to download the Xbox App, which shows that I've already downloaded it. Games I have previously downloaded from before the Xbox App came out, such as Forza Horizon
    4, seem to work ok. What can I do to get the newer games working?

Darth Navster, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Gamepass games on PC not working

I went through the process you specified but I still can't run certain games through the Gamepass app. Any other remedies?

Darth Navster, Aug 29, 2019
  4. PC Gamepass Ultimate game keeps trying to reinstall

Microsoft ultimate game is not loading?

Hi Surendra Singh Batra,

There's a lot of possible reasons why the Microsoft ultimate game is not working. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with your other games?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Wilfred Mac, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

PC Gamepass Ultimate game keeps trying to reinstall

1. PC Gamepass Ultimate game keeps trying to reinstall - Similar Threads - Gamepass Ultimate game

2. Gamepass PC games not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamepass PC games not installing: Having an issue installing games on GamePass PC, when I try to install the download gets to 99% then it wont complete and just says error, error code it gives is 0x803fb107. I've tried reinstalling gaming services app, reinstalling the Xbox app and even tried using commands...
  3. Gamepass PC games not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamepass PC games not installing: Having an issue installing games on GamePass PC, when I try to install the download gets to 99% then it wont complete and just says error, error code it gives is 0x803fb107. I've tried reinstalling gaming services app, reinstalling the Xbox app and even tried using commands...
  4. Gamepass ultimate not showing in xbox app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gamepass ultimate not showing in xbox app: It has been over 12 hours now since I purchased gamepass ultimate and It refuses to show up I believe it has something to do with the fact that when i check subscriptions through the app it says "we encountered an error and your subscriptions failed to load", but I'm not sure...
  5. 0x8E5E03FA Can't install games or gamepass afteri tried to reinstall it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0x8E5E03FA Can't install games or gamepass afteri tried to reinstall it: HI, Basically have this error code now when I try to install any game from gamepass. I ended up uninstalling gamepass and then when I try to reinstall it that error code comes up as well. I have tried several things via the internet which have not worked apart from a...
  6. Xbox Gamepass Ultimate Perks

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Xbox Gamepass Ultimate Perks: I am a part of a Microsoft family which gives me access to Xbox gamepass ultimate. One of the Xbox gamepass ultimate perks is an ancestral ship set for sea of thieves but someone else in my family already claimed it. Is there any way I can have access to it as well or do I...
  7. Gaming Services & gamepass games won't install/update (GAMEPASS PC)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gaming Services & gamepass games won't install/update (GAMEPASS PC): I get error code 0x80073D26 for both. There is little on the internet about this error and it just started when GamingServices had an update pushed a few days ago. Since then I haven't been able to update or install it or the game apps from the xbox app or the MS store, but I...
  8. Trying to download a game on Xbox Gamepass for PC (Beta)

Trying to download a game on Xbox Gamepass for PC (Beta): Every time I go to select a game, I see "You can play [insert PC game here]" with Xbox Game Pass for PC, or buy it to own. However, Install is greyed out. So I click the three dots, and get the following message: "It looks like you don't have any applicable device(s) linked...
  9. Microsoft Gamepass Ultimate PC Issue

Microsoft Gamepass Ultimate PC Issue: I attempted to use the PC Microsoft Store app to install a game that was free with Game Pass Ultimate. I confirmed that I had the ultimate game pass, and yet when I hovered over install, a red circle with a line replaced my cursor....
  10. Gamepass games on PC not working

Gamepass games on PC not working: I have a valid gamepass ultimate subscription and recently tried to play gamepass games on PC. I downloaded the app and installed Crosscode and The Messenger. When I try to launch the games through the Xbox PC app, the app minimizes and nothing happens. When I try to launch...