Windows 10: pc, games and apps crashing

Discus and support pc, games and apps crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; System: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X default settings GiBy X570 AORUS MASTER X570 AMD AGESA 1.0.0.4 B Sapphire RADEON RX 5700 XT NITRO+ Running on boost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NikolaLeskovec, Jan 3, 2020.

1. pc, games and apps crashing

System:

• AMD Ryzen 9 3900X default settings
    • GiBy X570 AORUS MASTER X570
      • AMD AGESA 1.0.0.4 B
    • Sapphire RADEON RX 5700 XT NITRO+ Running on boost profile
    • Radeon Software Version 19.12.3
    • LG 32GK650F-B 32 QHD Gaming Monitor Display Port connection, monitor is running on 144hz
    • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Updated every patch Tuesday
    • Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 1000W ATX23 Titanium
    • D4 32GB 3600-16 Trident Z Neo K2 GSK F4-3600C16D-32GTZN, Trident Z Neo
      • XMP enabled CL16 16-16-36

Describe your issue:

• I am experiencing random crashes while gaming. Games that crash most often are Vermintide 2, Planetside 2, Destiny 2, Borderlands 3, Final Fantasy 14 Online, Total War Warhammer.
    • When my games crash I noticed that sometimes apps in the background crash as well Steam, GOG, Radeon Software, Epic Games, Discord. I have disabled all overlays.
    • I have tried different settings in games tried ultra and high. I have also disabled all the kinks in Radeon Software No advanced sync, freesync etc.
    • Sometimes a game will freeze black screen but sound in the background, sometimes it is black screen with no sound and followed by a full system crash/reboot, other times the game just crashes but system is up and running.
    • I have also noticed that I can crash many times but once I restart the pc i usually experience no crashes at that point.
    • Some of my crash dumps WhoCrashed app: On Thu 02/01/2020 11:27:16 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
      crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010220-9843-01.dmp
      This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x1C14E0
      Bugcheck code: 0x3B 0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80504A667B3, 0xFFFFC180FC699930, 0x0
      Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
      file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
      product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
      company: Microsoft Corporation
      description: NT Kernel & System
      Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
      This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
      The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 02/01/2020 11:27:16 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
      crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
      This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys win32kfull!EditionUpdateCursorAsync+0x5C
      Bugcheck code: 0x3B 0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80504A667B3, 0xFFFFC180FC699930, 0x0
      file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys
      description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver
      Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
      This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
      The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 16/12/2019 09:44:51 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
      crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121619-10062-01.dmp
      This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms2.sys 0xFFFFF802214FAA66
      Bugcheck code: 0x1E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF802214FAA66, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
      Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
      file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms2.sys
      description: DirectX Graphics MMS
      Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
      This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating thermal issue or because of a buggy driver.
      The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 12/12/2019 18:39:10 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
      crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121219-9734-01.dmp
      This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms2.sys 0xFFFFF80018339D59
      Bugcheck code: 0x1E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80018339D59, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
      Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
      file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms2.sys
      description: DirectX Graphics MMS
      Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
      This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating thermal issue or because of a buggy driver.

On Fri 29/11/2019 18:13:21 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
      crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\112919-9593-01.dmp
      This was probably caused by the following module: hardware.sys hardware
      Bugcheck code: 0x3B 0xC0000005, 0xFFFFB790DDC0E5C3, 0xFFFF9B054E3553A0, 0x0
      A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .
      Google query: hardware.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

On Fri 29/11/2019 14:07:02 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
      crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\112919-9609-01.dmp
      This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x67DAF
      Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80734C67DAF, 0xFFFF8081D412C2F8, 0xFFFFB1018EE7F930
      Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
      file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
      description: NT Kernel & System
      Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
      The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion

6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

hardware.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

• Some event logs:
      • Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5df7cf62
        Faulting module name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5df7cf62
        Exception code: 0xc0000005
        Fault offset: 0x00000000004037e7
        Faulting process id: 0x27d0
        Faulting application start time: 0x01d5c15fecca9a19
        Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
        Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
        Report Id: d64b8d29-b51e-4247-9c9f-de5e844537ea
        Faulting package full name:
        Faulting package-relative application ID:
      • Faulting application name: GalaxyClient.exe, version: 1.2.64.2, time stamp: 0x5de69429
        Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
        Fault offset: 0x77d51c82
        Faulting process id: 0x1db4
        Faulting application start time: 0x01d5bf357944b9b9
        Faulting application path: D:\GOG Galaxy\GalaxyClient.exe
        Faulting module path: unknown
        Report Id: 9b5bb10a-01aa-48be-a27e-1b94541e66f1
      • Faulting application name: Steam.exe, version: 5.56.68.4, time stamp: 0x5df7b612
        Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
        Fault offset: 0x77d51c82
        Faulting process id: 0x13b8
        Faulting application start time: 0x01d5beec64c55642
        Faulting application path: D:\Steam\Steam.exe
        Faulting module path: unknown
        Report Id: 352f9864-c44b-4983-aa13-5cc53c5e0e16
      • Faulting application name: RadeonSoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5df7cf62
        Faulting module name: RadeonSoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5df7cf62
        Fault offset: 0x000000000016b27f
        Faulting process id: 0x1270
        Faulting application start time: 0x01d5beec6806e05e
        Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSoftware.exe
        Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSoftware.exe
        Report Id: f9ac6f47-2093-4eac-a198-60944701ea0b
      • Faulting application name: RadeonSoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5df7cf62
        Faulting module name: RadeonSoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5df7cf62
        Fault offset: 0x000000000016b27f
        Faulting process id: 0x27f8
        Faulting application start time: 0x01d5be6b77d28bab
        Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSoftware.exe
        Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSoftware.exe
        Report Id: 1bd6e7a3-a13b-4fd7-8492-2255ab1e38b7
      • Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.18362.449, time stamp: 0x066bf1a5
        Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.18362.449, time stamp: 0xb90db728
        Exception code: 0xc000027b
        Fault offset: 0x0000000000712ec0
        Faulting process id: 0x22d8
        Faulting application start time: 0x01d5ba8993f558f0
        Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe
        Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll
        Report Id: c96887c8-f054-4402-8e0f-05a4ddbe6656
        Faulting package full name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
        Faulting package-relative application ID: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

I hope that someone might help me investigate what is causing this as I am not sure if this is issue with amd-windows communication or something else.

So far I ran memtest for the night and it found no issues after 5 runs. CPU is running on 35% idle with Noctua NH-D15 and GPU fan settings are ramped up so there shouldn't be any overheating.

One of my games installed directx9 red after directx12 was installed and I am not sure if that might have caused this reinstall of directx12 says that no reinstall is needed.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Nik

:)

NikolaLeskovec, Jan 3, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge game crashes during the game.

Hi LJamesBlythe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why Microsoft Sudoku crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 3, 2020
  4. testing Win User

pc, games and apps crashing

Game crashing all the time / PC freezes sometimes

Since about a month I have the problem that a game (Grand Theft Auto V) is crashing all the time. Sometimes the complete PC freezes too so that it displays the old image e.g. a few minutes ago (completely unresponsive, only restarting the PC helps). The time is not predictable, when it crashes. At one time it crashes after five minutes, another time it crashes after half an hour. But one thing is sure - it will crash.

I have contacted the Rockstar Support and they say they can't help me anymore. Things I did asked by the Rockstar Support:

• reinstalled the game and Social Club multiple times
    • deleted game files in AppData/Local/Rockstar Games/GTA V and Documents\Rockstar Games\Social Club
    • deleted C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAVLauncher.exe and restored via Steam option Verify integrity of game files
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow multiple times
    • uninstalled another app, which should be responsible for network timeouts/blocking
    • switching to story mode/second character
    • submitted the export of msinfo32 including crash reports to the support
    • changed firewall settings

Things I tried myself:

• played in Safe Mode
    • changed graphics settings
    • removed OC
    • updated to latest Nvidia driver (436.15)
    • updated Windows 10
    • checked the event log, but there is no entry
    • executed memtest86 without problems
    • made a stress test with FurMark without problems

I don't have expierenced similar problems in other games/apps.

System configuration:

• i5-6600K
    • 16 GB RAM
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 780

Temperature is always OK.

Launcher.log from GTA V writes something like:

How can I find the cause of this error?

testing, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

pc, games and apps crashing

1. pc, games and apps crashing - Similar Threads - games apps crashing

2. Gaming PC Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming PC Crashing: Hi all,I've had my PC for about a year. Recently the wired internet connection keeps dropping whilst in games. It is not affecting Wi-Fi connected devices. I can back online by resetting the PC.I've now moved to wifi only and the issue is now causing my PC to crash not just...
  3. Gaming PC Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming PC Crashing: Hi all,I've had my PC for about a year. Recently the wired internet connection keeps dropping whilst in games. It is not affecting Wi-Fi connected devices. I can back online by resetting the PC.I've now moved to wifi only and the issue is now causing my PC to crash not just...
  4. Game crashed and pc crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashed and pc crashes: I just recently got this pc without ssd on it and i got a good ssd and put windows on it but everytime i try to launch fortnite or a game i get error codes and my pc even sometimes crashes someone please help me...
  5. Game crashed and pc crashes

Game crashed and pc crashes: I just recently got this pc without ssd on it and i got a good ssd and put windows on it but everytime i try to launch fortnite or a game i get error codes and my pc even sometimes crashes someone please help me...
  6. Apps and games crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps and games crashing: Discord google brawlhalla fortnite and among us crash all the time even when I go into settings on windows it has shut on me once. Weird this is when I’m playing rocket league with discord open discord or rocket league will never crash I’ve tried so much i got no idea what’s...
  7. Apps and games crashing

Apps and games crashing: Discord google brawlhalla fortnite and among us crash all the time even when I go into settings on windows it has shut on me once. Weird this is when I’m playing rocket league with discord open discord or rocket league will never crash I’ve tried so much i got no idea what’s...
  8. gaming pc crashing in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gaming pc crashing in games: i keep getting errors "kmode exception not handled" and once got the error "system thread exception not handled". my pc is a brand new gaming pc that i built mid September all brand new parts it worked for about a month with no issues then i started getting the error "DCP...
  9. App and Game Crashes

App and Game Crashes: So i just over this past weekend built my first computer. Specs: Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus Nvidia GeForce RTX2060 AMD Ryzen 5 3600x Samsung SSD 1TB Vengeance Corsair 2 x 8GB Since installation i have been having problems with almost all of my apps and games crashing. For...
  10. crashing PC game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crashing PC game: Is anyone using the PC game Hidden City - Hidden Mystery Adventure game crashing, when you hit the continue to game button. This has been happening for more than 4 days now. Microsoft Please fix this game!!!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. borderland 3 bsod