Windows 10: PC games crashing when booted in Fullscreen

Discus and support PC games crashing when booted in Fullscreen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, So basically I'm quite new to PC gaming Finished building my own PC last month and its been going really well until sometime last week. I noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CalebLoxley, Jan 13, 2021.

1. PC games crashing when booted in Fullscreen

Hi,
    So basically I'm quite new to PC gaming Finished building my own PC last month and its been going really well until sometime last week. I noticed that my Star Wars Battlefront 2 wasn't booting up that smoothly. I was booting it up and it would go into full screen then mess up the display a bit and then minimizes itself. I'd then wait a bit and try to open it and it'd do the same thing again. It was about the 4/5th try that it would actually open. However if I wanted to tab out I'd have to do all of that again.
    I just thought it was Battlefront that was bugged however last night I went to play Assassins Creed Valhalla and near enough the same thing happened and when it was up and playable I couldn't use my second monitor. And the weirdest thing is that its only those two games, when I boot Rainbow 6 siege or Sea of Thieves everything is completely fine and normal.
    Me and my mate found that the problem must be when I boot them from full screen Rainbow six siege and Sea of Thieves are still being booted from full screen and the problem then is battlefront 2 doesn't actually allow me to fully tab out of the game?
    I did a windows update last night and that did seem to fix the issue for a time being. Then I went to play on Battlefront 2 this morning and it was back, I did notice that I had another windows update but didn't make the slightest difference.
    I've updated my drivers, updated windows, reinstalled Star Wars Battlefront 2, restarted my PC, booted the games through different launchers and after all that nothing changed.
    Any help would be extremely appreciated as I love Battlefront 2 and want to play is asap ahaha
    My specs are:

Motherboard - ASUS PRIME B450 Plus
    CPU - Ryzen 7 2800X

GPU - ROG STRIX RTX 2060
    RAM - 16GB G.Skill Trident Z
    PSU - Corsair RM850x

:)

CalebLoxley, Jan 13, 2021

2. Games crashing in fullscreen mode

Hi, I have a problem with all games on my PC for a while. Every time when I try to launch games in fullscreen, they crash and won't launch. I mask the problem with windowed mode (in windowed mode there is no problem) but it's annoying and fps drops down
    in windowed mode.

I tried so many things - reinstalling display drivers, reinstalling all games and steam, some minor "fixes" that I found on the web, but nothing helps.

My PC specs:

• Windows 10 x64
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
    • Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU
    I really don't know what to do. I will be very happy if someone can help. Thank you!

Цветан Василев, Jan 13, 2021
  3. games crash in fullscreen

everytime I try to load a fullscreen game on windows 10 it turns to black and crashes resulting in me having to reset the computer

it only started happening after the update does anyone know how to fix this

kaneborchert, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Scirloc Win User

PC games crashing when booted in Fullscreen

Windows 10 1709 (16299.309) has somehow disabled 'Fullscreen' in games.

I recently updated to 1709 and have found that games no longer have access to fullscreen mode.

Most games force me directly to Windowed mode, and no longer list Fullscreen in the enum. Some games still allow windowed fullscreen. Games that list the standard Fullscreen typically crash or post an error when I swap to that mode.

The only thing that has changed on my system is my OS version, and I've been using an otherwise identical setup for gaming for years.

Since updating windows, I updated my video drivers, which resolved nothing. Sadly I just passed my 1 week window to undo the windows 'upgrade'.

Scirloc, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

PC games crashing when booted in Fullscreen

1. PC games crashing when booted in Fullscreen - Similar Threads - games crashing booted

2. PC crashing when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing when gaming: Please can someone help me with my PC crashing when I play games. I can attach or download any programs that you may need for me to solve this issue. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-crashing-when-gaming/d0c550ce-1db9-487b-990e-b39ce35b0918
  3. PC crashing when gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing when gaming: Please can someone help me with my PC crashing when I play games. I can attach or download any programs that you may need for me to solve this issue. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-crashing-when-gaming/d0c550ce-1db9-487b-990e-b39ce35b0918
  4. Pc crashing when switching from, or to, fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashing when switching from, or to, fullscreen: Hello! I have been experiencing a very frustrating situation when trying to play a game on my pc. Every now and again, at random times, my Pc freezes and crashes when attempting to switch between windowed and fullscreen. When this happens the only way I have been able to...
  5. Pc crashing when switching from, or to, fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc crashing when switching from, or to, fullscreen: Hello! I have been experiencing a very frustrating situation when trying to play a game on my pc. Every now and again, at random times, my Pc freezes and crashes when attempting to switch between windowed and fullscreen. When this happens the only way I have been able to...
  6. Pc crashing when switching from, or to, fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC crashes when playing games, boot media not found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes when playing games, boot media not found.: My PC freezes, then bluescreens, after playing any game. What happens is I load up my game, play for a bit, then everything freezes for about 2 minutes. It then blue screens, after which it tries to restart, but gets stuck on a boot disk/drive not found. To fix this, I turn...
  8. Games minimize when fullscreen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games minimize when fullscreen?: I reloaded Windows a few months ago, and since then my games that start up fullscreen (or any game I turn on fullscreen) just outright minimize and it seems like it refreshes my desktop. I've tried reloading windows completely with a fresh install, removing all files and...
  9. Movies and TV Crashes when Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Movies and TV Crashes when Fullscreen: The windows movies and tv video player works correctly when windowed and will crash the second i click on 'fullscreen' button submitted by /u/Minimum-Virtual [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iy6ejw/movies_and_tv_crashes_when_fullscreen/
  10. Games in Fullscreen Giving Blackscreen and Crashing Pc

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Games in Fullscreen Giving Blackscreen and Crashing Pc: So I used my PC for a while, until a problem came that ultimately ended up with me having to reinstall Windows from a fresh install. Before, I could game perfectly fine with no issues. Now however, whenever I boot a game into full screen mode, I can navigate for about 1-2...