Windows 10: pc games keep crashing and getting bsod after power cut

Discus and support pc games keep crashing and getting bsod after power cut in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i dont really know y but my pc keeps crashing on games and idk how to fix it. here is my dump file if that helps https://gofile.io/d/Rb8rZK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SamL_666, Jun 22, 2021.

1. SamL_666 Win User

pc games keep crashing and getting bsod after power cut

i dont really know y but my pc keeps crashing on games and idk how to fix it. here is my dump file if that helps https://gofile.io/d/Rb8rZK

:)

SamL_666, Jun 22, 2021
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jun 22, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

My PC was shutdown suddenly by power cut off so now it had some errors

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Have you updated all the Windows and optional updates?

• Have you updated all the Drivers?

• What is that exact error message?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the
    Power troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option
      on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting
      and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Power
      troubleshooter.

Step 2: Change the “Power plans” settings.

A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings (like display, sleep, etc.) that manages how your PC uses power. The power plans you can use depend on the kind of PC you have.

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

1. pc games keep crashing and getting bsod after power cut - Similar Threads - games keep crashing

2. Pc and games keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc and games keep crashing?: Pretty often I'll crash out of games such as Fifa, Madden, and Baldur's gate pretty randomly. Typically i'll play the first two games while watching youtube or something on my other moniter, but I think that's part of the reason it crashes. But Baldur's gate crashes all the...
  3. Pc and games keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc and games keep crashing?: Pretty often I'll crash out of games such as Fifa, Madden, and Baldur's gate pretty randomly. Typically i'll play the first two games while watching youtube or something on my other moniter, but I think that's part of the reason it crashes. But Baldur's gate crashes all the...
  4. games keep crashing and bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    games keep crashing and bsod: Hello, I have been having issues with roblox making my computer blue screen and games like fortnite crash all the time. I think that it could be driver issues and I have no idea how to fix. I dont think its hardware but im not sure....
  5. games keep crashing and bsod

games keep crashing and bsod: Hello, I have been having issues with roblox making my computer blue screen and games like fortnite crash all the time. I think that it could be driver issues and I have no idea how to fix. I dont think its hardware but im not sure....
  6. games keep crashing and bsod

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. PC keeps crashing in games!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps crashing in games!!: My PC keeps crashing and restarting about an hour into playing games and sometimes less!I have been monitoring my temps in game and they never get over 65 degrees celsius for the GPU or CPU.I use drive booster to make sure all of my drivers are up to date.I have cleared...
  8. PC keeps crashing in games!!

PC keeps crashing in games!!: My PC keeps crashing and restarting about an hour into playing games and sometimes less!I have been monitoring my temps in game and they never get over 65 degrees celsius for the GPU or CPU.I use drive booster to make sure all of my drivers are up to date.I have cleared...
  9. PC keeps crashing in games!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Keep getting BSOD's and game crashes Minidumps attached

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep getting BSOD's and game crashes Minidumps attached: Hey all.. I've over the last couple of weeks experienced crashes and BSOD's. I have no idea how to fix this, but I followed this guide to hopefully get some information someone in here can help me read: Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver. - Microsoft...