Windows 10: PC gets stuck in "setting up your device for work" under account setup

Discus and support PC gets stuck in "setting up your device for work" under account setup in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I started at a new job and my account works on every PC in the office except one, which I need access to. After login, it snaps to the following... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Maarten_display_name, Sep 25, 2020.

1. PC gets stuck in "setting up your device for work" under account setup

I started at a new job and my account works on every PC in the office except one, which I need access to.

After login, it snaps to the following screen apologies for it being in Dutch:

PC gets stuck in "setting up your device for work" under account setup 6e1cbde7-02d4-4b59-baa9-16b41f716485?upload=true.png

Below in yellow, it says that the setup time has exceeded the time allowed, but this makes little sense, because we've looked at the settings and the setup time is set to a far higher number. We've tried deleting the account multiple times, but it always results in this screen after only a few seconds.

My colleague has had access to the PC for a long time and can access it without any issue.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, because we're at a loss right now!

:)

Maarten_display_name, Sep 25, 2020
  2. sonsky Win User

Windows 10 Pro - Unable to set up Organisation Account. Stuck on 'Account Setup'

sonsky, Sep 25, 2020
  3. sonsky Win User
    Windows 10 Pro - Unable to set up Organisation Account. Stuck on 'Account Setup'

sonsky, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Jack SM Win User

PC gets stuck in "setting up your device for work" under account setup

Hello,

A new laptop is getting stuck on the 'Setting up your device for work' page while doing the initial setup.

I've tried resetting the device back to factory settings and also re-installed windows completely twice, but I'm unable to set up the account and it gets stuck at the same place every time.

We're using Windows 10 Pro.

Everyone has a Microsoft 365 Business subscription.

For the new device, I'm joining it to the organisation.

I first add the device using our main administrator login, as this creates the local admin and I don't want regular users to have this access.

I go through the authorisation steps and then it gets stuck on 'Setting up your device for work'.

This is what I see:

Device Preparation:

Securing your hardware (Complete)

Joining your organization's network (Complete)

Registering your device for mobile management (Complete)

Device Setup (Complete)

Account Setup:

Working on it...

Security policies (1 of 1 applied)

Certificates (No setup needed)

Network connections (No setup needed)

Apps (0 of 1 installed)

After a long time of waiting (at least 30 minutes) I get an error pop up saying

'Oh no! Something didn't do what it was supposed to. Please contact your IT Department'.

I get an option to try again, but I've tried this multiple times and not been successful.

I've tried restoring from factory, resting the PC and removing all files but get the same version.

When resetting, I need to enter the bitlocker key for the device which has automatically gone up to the cloud, so I know it is connecting that part properly.

Any advise / suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jack SM, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

PC gets stuck in "setting up your device for work" under account setup

1. PC gets stuck in "setting up your device for work" under account setup - Similar Threads - gets stuck setting

2. setting up your device for work windows 10 stuck on device preparation

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    setting up your device for work windows 10 stuck on device preparation: i was just reseting the leptop and stuck on this problem.it is showing "please try again later or contact it support" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-your-device-for-work-windows-10-stuck/a43f186d-6522-4b7f-952a-8ba432e978e3
  3. setting up your device for work windows 10 stuck on device preparation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up your device for work windows 10 stuck on device preparation: i was just reseting the leptop and stuck on this problem.it is showing "please try again later or contact it support" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-your-device-for-work-windows-10-stuck/a43f186d-6522-4b7f-952a-8ba432e978e3
  4. setting up your device for work windows 10 stuck on device preparation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can’t finish device setup when setting up device for work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t finish device setup when setting up device for work: So, I used to attend a middle school and they requested to manage my personal laptop. I’ve graduated just recently but I can’t disconnect the organization or add my own account. I’ve reset my laptop multiple times but it has not disconnected. This is not the point. Now, I am...
  6. Can’t finish device setup when setting up device for work

Can’t finish device setup when setting up device for work: So, I used to attend a middle school and they requested to manage my personal laptop. I’ve graduated just recently but I can’t disconnect the organization or add my own account. I’ve reset my laptop multiple times but it has not disconnected. This is not the point. Now, I am...
  7. Let’s finish setting up your device stuck! How to get rid of it?

in Windows 10 News
    Let’s finish setting up your device stuck! How to get rid of it?: [IMG]After upgrading your OS, while setting up a new user account, if you are stuck on the Let’s finish setting up your device screen in Windows, here is how you can fix the issue. All you need to do is to disable the Windows Welcome Experience to get rid of this problem....
  8. Stuck at Setup Settings on Boot Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at Setup Settings on Boot Up: I tried to fully wipe my computer. It would get to about 15% then “undo changes”. So after trying a number of methods to fix this I tried to boot the computer in safe mode. Now when I turn on my computer it’s goes to the setup settings list but my mouse and keyboard don’t...
  9. Stuck at Setup Settings on Boot Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at Setup Settings on Boot Up: I tried to fully wipe my computer. It would get to about 15% then “undo changes”. So after trying a number of methods to fix this I tried to boot the computer in safe mode. Now when I turn on my computer it’s goes to the setup settings list but my mouse and keyboard don’t...
  10. Stuck at Setup Settings on Boot Up

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setting up your device for work windows 10 stuck

2. setting up your device for work

3. setting up your device for work stuck

4. dell laptop stuck at registering your device for moblie management,
  5. How long does setting up your device for work take?,
  6. setting up your device for work taking a long time,
  7. account set up laptop stuck,
  8. account setup windows stuck app identifyng,
  9. windows 10 setting up your device for work account setup fauled,
  10. windows organizational account stuck on account setup,
  11. wobdows organization account stuck on app indtall,