Windows 10: PC gets unstable upload speed whereas my phone has better upload speed over wifi

Discus and support PC gets unstable upload speed whereas my phone has better upload speed over wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have better speed tests results on my phone than on my PC. Like speed tests on my phone shows I have over ~15Mbps of both dl/ul but on my PC only got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SeffMalonda, Aug 28, 2019.

1. PC gets unstable upload speed whereas my phone has better upload speed over wifi

I have better speed tests results on my phone than on my PC. Like speed tests on my phone shows I have over ~15Mbps of both dl/ul but on my PC only got around <6-10Mbps of upload (technically I aim for better upload speed because I casually stream games) and it is not even stable causing my stream bitrate to varies resulting into dropped frames even if it is connected with cat5e wire to a gigabit fiber router.

I use the Google speed test to base both my phone and pc. Cause speedtest.net shows I have ~30Mbps of upload but Google speed test only shows I have from ~6-10Mbps.

I have tried powershell commands to reset the network, uninstall the device(network adapter) tru device manager and let windows install the latest drivers but to no luck, still it is.

Checked the task manager to see how the network graph perform from two speed tests shows they are all reaching the Mbps results.

TL;DR- Unstable upload speed on windows PC compared to my smartphone. Did all the troubleshooting I can get and I know, even did a windows reset.. still it is.

I am so confused.

:)

SeffMalonda, Aug 28, 2019

2. Upload Speed

Hi

I was wondering why my upload speed was .92 or .70 and i want to fix it so does anyone have any suggestions to fix my upload speed?

By the way i live in the wide country and i was wondering if that had anything to do with that.

Thanks

XavierMoats Decamp, Aug 28, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Upload Speed slow in browser

For most ISPs, upload speed is a small fraction of download speed. (Verizon FIOS is a notable exception.) Looks like your upload maxes out at 20 Mbps. ("I have a 400/20 connection ...")

People typically confuse internet speed with LAN speed. Even if your upload is 20 Mbps, you're not going to upload any faster than your LAN sends the data to the modem.

All other things being equal, a WiFi connection will be slower than an Ethernet connection because there are many factors affecting WiFi speed that don't apply with an Ethernet connection.

BulldogXX, Aug 28, 2019
  4. PC gets unstable upload speed whereas my phone has better upload speed over wifi

Upload speeds...

This is my conversation with an online 'live help' rep at AOHell *Laugh :laugh: :

11:24:36 AOL UK SupportYour initial query was:

11:26:44 You: Hi, Im currently on the Platinum 2MB broadband package and i understand that soon this will be upgraded 8MB. I was wondering if the actual upload speed will be increased also because the upload speed has remained at 288kbps after every upgrade????

11:27:40 Pankaj Pandey: Upload speed will be same 288

11:29:22 You: but why? It makes more sense to increase the upload aswell as the download, 288kbps is just too little when other ISP offer faster upload speeds. Im an online gamer and upload speed is just as important as download!!!

11:30:09 Pankaj Pandey: I would like to inform you that only the transfer speed and download speed changes and the upload speed will be same.

11:30:41 You: I know you just told me that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11:30:43 Pankaj Pandey: Upload speed is same for every ISP till not.

11:30:56 Pankaj Pandey: now*

11:31:58 You: thats not true!!!! Freedom2Surf offer higher upload speeds than 288kbps

11:33:25 Pankaj Pandey: for every ISP you have the default 288 upload speed you can not change that its for every server its a default
    upload speed for home usages only for corporate and other big organizations only have T 3 connect that has a different upload speed.

11:34:18 Pankaj Pandey: T 3 connection has a different upload speed.

11:35:31 You: If thats true why does my friend have a freedom2Surf home use account and his upload speed is 512kbps?????

11:36:41 Pankaj Pandey: Internet is devices in 4 different parts 1 comes for HOME, 2ND For offices, 3rd for big organizations(T 3 connection) and last for the big server ( T 4).

11:36:52 Pankaj Pandey: divided*

11:37:36 You: but if he has juat an 'home' account why are his speeds better than AOL's???

11:37:43 You: just*

11:39:14 Pankaj Pandey: I would like to inform you that upload speed can never be in 512 kbps only the transfer and download speed can be like----- 256, 512 , 1024 , 2272 this is all transfer and download speed.

11:40:16Pankaj PandeyUpload speed comes as 288, 576, etc

11:40:50Youso what your saying is that Freedom2Surf must be lying to customers about the upload speeds???

11:41:18 You: it may have been 576kbps, Im not sure.

11:42:04 Pankaj Pandey: I will advice you as you are using Internet is the ocean of knowledge you can surf and find out if I am wrong.

11:42:51 Pankaj Pandey: Only the transfer and download speed changes .

11:44:08 Pankaj Pandey: And upload speed only comes in affects when you use the large amount of PC like 100 to 200 PC are networked together.

11:44:22 Pankaj Pandey: or more than that.

11:44:37 You: Ok thank you

What do you guys make of that then? Sounds like bull to me, or am I wrong?

HookeyStreet, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

PC gets unstable upload speed whereas my phone has better upload speed over wifi

1. PC gets unstable upload speed whereas my phone has better upload speed over wifi - Similar Threads - gets unstable upload

2. Slow upload speed over WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow upload speed over WiFi: I have just had my internet upgraded to full fibre and get 500Mbps upload & download.I have multiple devices on the WiFi network and they all get at least 200Mbps upload and download, all except my desktop PC which gets 500Mbps Download but only 4Mbps Upload.I have used my...
  3. Slow upload speed over WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow upload speed over WiFi: I have just had my internet upgraded to full fibre and get 500Mbps upload & download.I have multiple devices on the WiFi network and they all get at least 200Mbps upload and download, all except my desktop PC which gets 500Mbps Download but only 4Mbps Upload.I have used my...
  4. Upload Speed

Upload Speed: I live in a house with 4 other people. My computer and one other computer runs on ethernet. Everyone else's upload speed in 30-40 mb/s while mine is always less than 1mb/s. Everyone has good download speed and mine is 97-105 consistently on Ethernet, and everyone else's is...
  5. Upload speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upload speed: So first of all I’m streamer and the minimum speed I need for good quality stream is has to be around 30 or more less than that it’s not working for me anyway when I had windows 10 my upload speed was 30 or 40 when I changed it windows 11 the maximum upload speed is 15 on my...
  6. Upload speed

Upload speed: So first of all I’m streamer and the minimum speed I need for good quality stream is has to be around 30 or more less than that it’s not working for me anyway when I had windows 10 my upload speed was 30 or 40 when I changed it windows 11 the maximum upload speed is 15 on my...
  7. UPLOAD SPEED UNSTABLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UPLOAD SPEED UNSTABLE: Hi,i recently had a Blue Screen ERROR and fixed by updating the driver of my Network Card bluetooth and wifi. The problem is that now my upload is acting weird. I got a fiber that goes 400mb/s and in upload is unstable. I did some test and my download is between 340 and 390,...
  8. UPLOAD SPEED UNSTABLE

UPLOAD SPEED UNSTABLE: Hi,i recently had a Blue Screen ERROR and fixed by updating the driver of my Network Card bluetooth and wifi. The problem is that now my upload is acting weird. I got a fiber that goes 400mb/s and in upload is unstable. I did some test and my download is between 340 and 390,...
  9. UPLOAD SPEED UNSTABLE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Unstable download/upload speed

in Windows 10 Support
    Unstable download/upload speed: Hi Im a livestreamer on Youtube my current speeds are 11,5mb down and 5,5up, im the only one connected to the internet and I always drop a lot of frames (only during the day) when its night like +2am it drops 0 frames and its very stable . heres a picture of a 5,000 bitrate...