Windows 10: PC getting BSOD randomly, help me understand mini kernel dump file please

Discus and support PC getting BSOD randomly, help me understand mini kernel dump file please in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly what causes the crash since its happened when I've been browsing, playing a game, etc but it does happen more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ramichi, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Ramichi Win User

PC getting BSOD randomly, help me understand mini kernel dump file please

I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly what causes the crash since its happened when I've been browsing, playing a game, etc but it does happen more often when I am playing a specific game Rust. I updated all the drivers I can think of, rolled back on that was updated around the same time the crashes started this week, I disconnected all of my usb items, and even reset my PC and while playing the game it got the BSOD again. Below is the dump file I got after a crash. Thanks! Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.1 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

:)

Ramichi, Jul 18, 2022

2. Understand the BSOD mini dump errors

On Sept 10th I experienced very bad failures (BSOD) which cycled up to 10 times and finally I gave up and did a system reset (clean install with a delete on all software but keeps all the files safe).

After that the same day, I tried again after the clean install and still there were 2 BSOD and I gave up entirely.

Since then I haven't touched my PC and decided to give it one more try. This time everything seems OK so far. I have analyzed the mini dump files to trace back what caused the problem.

These are my findings so far:

these are the images

Here is another one from another dump file:

All the dump files upto this date is located here

UPDATE Sunday 09-17: BSOD again today ! The mini-dump analysis doesn't make any sense to the previous two! This latest dump file is located here

Since then, I have been going back and forth with every installed software drivers, to make sure they are up to date. I however tried to do a firmware upgrade on my SSD containing the OS. But that gave me an IDE/AHCI incompatibility error which I believe is for another post here.

EDIT: ALL DUMP FILES HERE

However I would greatly appreciate it if any one could give me further insights into this analysis. I would like to find the root cause of the problem and resolve it.

abhilash sukumari, Jul 18, 2022
  3. Windows 10 BSOD with SSD: No mini dump files created!

Hey ZigZag3143,

Many thanks for your reply. All suggestions were already implemented, except the "Kernel memory dump" option. This was previously set to "Minidump file". I've now changed this; lets see what happens at the next BSOD.

Best regards,

Max de Feber

MaxNetherlandsThe, Jul 18, 2022
  4. zbook Win User

Security and Kernel Dumps

See: BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
    To see an example of a minidump file please open any entry in the bsod forum to view the collected files and click on a minidump file. In case it does not open this is an example:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.3.9600.17336 AMD64
    Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\aaaaaaa\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_KOSTAS-PC-17_07_2017_224107_15.zip\062417-7765-01.dmp]
    Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

************* Symbol Path validation summary **************
    Response Time (ms) Location
    Deferred SRV*C:\SymCache*Symbol information
    Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*Symbol information
    Executable search path is:
    Windows 8 Kernel Version 15063 MP (6 procs) Free x64
    Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
    Built by: 15063.0.amd64fre.rs2_release.170317-1834
    Machine Name:
    Kernel base = 0xfffff800`9f49b000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`9f7e75a0
    Debug session time: Thu Jun 22 17:52:31.819 2017 (UTC - 5:00)
    System Uptime: 5 days 4:52:56.000
    Loading Kernel Symbols
    Loading User Symbols
    Loading unloaded module list
    *******************************************************************************
    * Bugcheck Analysis *
    *******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000094, fffff805909949f0, ffffd6813380e058, ffffd6813380d8a0}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
    ---------

zbook, Jul 18, 2022
Thema:

1. PC getting BSOD randomly, help me understand mini kernel dump file please - Similar Threads - getting BSOD randomly

2. Random BSOD - Help with Mini-Dump Please & Thank You

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD - Help with Mini-Dump Please & Thank You: Hello,I was wondering if someone could assist me and have a look at my Mini-Dump. I am experiencing frequent crashes with no apparent cause. I have no idea what I am looking at within the Mini-Dump data so was hoping for some assistance please.I have attached the hyperlink to...
  3. Random BSOD - Help with Mini-Dump Please & Thank You

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD - Help with Mini-Dump Please & Thank You: Hello,I was wondering if someone could assist me and have a look at my Mini-Dump. I am experiencing frequent crashes with no apparent cause. I have no idea what I am looking at within the Mini-Dump data so was hoping for some assistance please.I have attached the hyperlink to...
  4. Random BSOD - Help with Mini-Dump Please & Thank You

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Please help me understand dump files?

Please help me understand dump files?: Hi, recently I've been getting blue screen errors, i mean even blue screen pc just crashes without any blue screen and restarts itself.I am using memory intensive programs like 3ds max and after effects. and crashes happens at random while using these software. tried...
  6. Please help me understand dump files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help me understand dump files?: Hi, recently I've been getting blue screen errors, i mean even blue screen pc just crashes without any blue screen and restarts itself.I am using memory intensive programs like 3ds max and after effects. and crashes happens at random while using these software. tried...
  7. Please help me understand dump files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. PC getting BSOD randomly, help me understand mini kernel dump file please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC getting BSOD randomly, help me understand mini kernel dump file please: I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly what causes the crash since its happened when I've been browsing, playing a game, etc but it does happen more often when I am playing a specific game Rust. I updated all the drivers I can think of, rolled back on that was updated around...
  9. Windows Mini Dump BSOD help please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mini Dump BSOD help please: Sorry I've been frustrated with these bsods lately. But would you mind to check out this minidump? Would really appreciate it thanks!Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22473.1005 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  10. Windows Mini Dump BSOD help please

Windows Mini Dump BSOD help please: Sorry I've been frustrated with these bsods lately. But would you mind to check out this minidump? Would really appreciate it thanks!Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22473.1005 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...