Windows 10: PC goes blue screen when updating/downloading steam games Windows 10

Discus and support PC goes blue screen when updating/downloading steam games Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It happened very often when updating my games or downloading new games from steam my PC gets the BSOD. I have tried to figure out what to do about it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanielCos, Sep 19, 2021.

1. DanielCos Win User

PC goes blue screen when updating/downloading steam games Windows 10

It happened very often when updating my games or downloading new games from steam my PC gets the BSOD. I have tried to figure out what to do about it but I still don't know what is specifically causing it. If my computer Blue screens when I load back in I can then download or update game without it crashing for a while, so I can update my games after a crash but later on after using my PC for a while then attempting to update/download a game causes the crash. I do not know exactly the conditions that cause it to crash aside from it has been only ever crashed when downloading a game or updating

:)

DanielCos, Sep 19, 2021

2. Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 19, 2021
  3. System restarts while accessing games from Steam on Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the games using Steam on Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates and driver updates on your device?
    • Have you checked with the game compatibility and system requirements to access the games?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest to check with the system requirements to play the game.

Step 1: As you have already installed Steam in compatibility on Windows 10, I suggest to install the games in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated gaming software from the manufacturer's website.
    • Right click the gaming software
      installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the game and check.

Step 2: Update Graphics Driver.

Download the latest drivers from manufacturer's website, try to install them manually and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Click on Browse my computer for driver software and click on
      Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 19, 2021
  4. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

1. PC goes blue screen when updating/downloading steam games Windows 10 - Similar Threads - goes blue screen

2. Screen goes black when playing a game on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black when playing a game on pc: Hi,I’ve recently build a pc for my little brother and I’m having some issues. Whenever he starts to try to play fortnite, the screen goes black and says “no video entry” and then “entering sleep mode”. The parts are the following :AMD Ryzen 5 4500XTX RADEON RX 580 GTS XXX...
  3. Screen goes black when playing a game on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black when playing a game on pc: Hi,I’ve recently build a pc for my little brother and I’m having some issues. Whenever he starts to try to play fortnite, the screen goes black and says “no video entry” and then “entering sleep mode”. The parts are the following :AMD Ryzen 5 4500XTX RADEON RX 580 GTS XXX...
  4. My PC blue screens when downloading games using EPIC games launcher.

My PC blue screens when downloading games using EPIC games launcher.: I have been battling issues with my Epic Games Launcher downloading games. I haven't changed anything in the system when these issues started occurring. I have followed all of the suggestions from EPIC with no resolution.When I am downloading games in the launcher, at some...
  5. Trying to install Windows 10 on new gaming PC, goes to blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install Windows 10 on new gaming PC, goes to blue screen: Hi,I've been trying to install Windows 10 on my new custom built pc and haven't been able to so far. Everytime it boots I get a solid blue screen and then it restarts after about 30 seconds no error message.My PC specs:i5 9600KFKingston 960gb SSDGigabyte B365M DS3HCorsair...
  6. Trying to install Windows 10 on new gaming PC, goes to blue screen

Trying to install Windows 10 on new gaming PC, goes to blue screen: Hi,I've been trying to install Windows 10 on my new custom built pc and haven't been able to so far. Everytime it boots I get a solid blue screen and then it restarts after about 30 seconds no error message.My PC specs:i5 9600KFKingston 960gb SSDGigabyte B365M DS3HCorsair...
  7. Trying to install Windows 10 on new gaming PC, goes to blue screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. BSoD when downloading steam games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BSoD when downloading steam games: I have just installed a new ssd to my pc. It was working fine till i started to download my games to new disc. I am usually leaving my pc open overnight if i am downloading a big sized game. I had no issue with my old drive. I still have no issue when i directly download...
  9. windows freeze when downloading games from steam

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows freeze when downloading games from steam: hello, this problem happens only when i download games from steam. when the games start to download, it runs fine for a while, and then the computer start to lag and finally freeze stand still, even the ctrl + alt + del didn’t work, so i have to shut my pc down using the...
  10. BSOD when downloading games on steam

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when downloading games on steam: I just got a new computer built and got a new monitor along with it but a problem has arose. I can use the computer but when something that required a lot of RAM or just a lot of priority to open for example "Steam" the software in which you can download games and such...