Windows 10: pc going back one or two steps in any application and clicking not working

Discus and support pc going back one or two steps in any application and clicking not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; every 30 minutes my pc glitches and it goes back 1 to 3 steps back on any application on my pc. i also cant click with my mouse anymore. when i press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by emmerj, Nov 21, 2021.

1. emmerj Win User

pc going back one or two steps in any application and clicking not working

every 30 minutes my pc glitches and it goes back 1 to 3 steps back on any application on my pc. i also cant click with my mouse anymore. when i press ctrl+alt+delete it resets back to normal. but some time later it does it again. how do i fix this problem? i also updated my drivers so that is not the problem

:)

emmerj, Nov 21, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 21, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

anandsap123, Nov 21, 2021
  4. RCoon Win User

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Nov 21, 2021
Thema:

1. pc going back one or two steps in any application and clicking not working - Similar Threads - going steps application

2. Setting to one click or two click.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting to one click or two click.: how to set to one click for windows icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-to-one-click-or-two-click/30098fc0-1d74-414c-9409-ed2a93b408ef
  3. Setting to one click or two click.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting to one click or two click.: how to set to one click for windows icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-to-one-click-or-two-click/30098fc0-1d74-414c-9409-ed2a93b408ef
  4. Setting to one click or two click.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. pc going back one or two steps in any application and clicking not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc going back one or two steps in any application and clicking not working: every 30 minutes my pc glitches and it goes back 1 to 3 steps back on any application on my pc. i also cant click with my mouse anymore. when i press ctrl+alt+delete it resets back to normal. but some time later it does it again. how do i fix this problem? i also updated my...
  6. pc going back one or two steps in any application and clicking not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc going back one or two steps in any application and clicking not working: every 30 minutes my pc glitches and it goes back 1 to 3 steps back on any application on my pc. i also cant click with my mouse anymore. when i press ctrl+alt+delete it resets back to normal. but some time later it does it again. how do i fix this problem? i also updated my...
  7. Two Step verification not working everytime

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Two Step verification not working everytime: Recently I was notified that my Microsoft account password had been changed, and I had not changed it. I've been in the process of increasing my security by adding the two step verification. It seems to work sporadically. I have signed into my microsoft account online and...
  8. Stuck at step two option one for specifying target feature update... Any suggestions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at step two option one for specifying target feature update... Any suggestions?: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/159624-how-specify-target-feature-update-version-windows-10-a.html#option3 I've followed the instructions but am quickly held at a standstill because in step two. Two of the selectable options aren't available... Made a photo for y'all...
  9. One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...: I had a small problem and thought it would be a simple fix. I went to scan for corrupted drivers, forgot to uncheck Microsoft drivers, and ended up uninstalling everything. Now, I know everything’s kind of weird. it gets stuck in an infinite boot loop, with the Omen logo and...
  10. Applications opening with one click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications opening with one click: Hello, since a recent update to Windows 10, I've noticed that all my applications open with one click. Also, emails within Outlook 365 also open just by selecting an email to preview. I've gone into File Explorer and made sure option to "Double click " was still selected....