Windows 10: PC going to sleep

Discus and support PC going to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop running W10. All of the power settings are set to not sleep (or display to go dark) when the machine is plugged into power.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 35Reservoir, Sep 1, 2019.

1. PC going to sleep

I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop running W10. All of the power settings are set to not sleep (or display to go dark) when the machine is plugged into power. Despite this the laptop always sleeps after about 5 minutes of non use. How can I fix this?

Thanks.

:)

35Reservoir, Sep 1, 2019
  2. JamesP47 Win User

PC does not go to sleep

Since the Windows 10 (1809) March 13th update, my PC does not go to sleep. I've reset the monitor and PC sleep times with no luck.

I've reviewed and attempted all the on-line suggestions again with no luck. Does anyone have any new (post March 13) suggestions?

J

JamesP47, Sep 1, 2019
  3. My pc is going to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Sebastian,

Your PC might be set to sleep once it is idle for 5mins. For you to adjust this setting, we suggest looking into the
    Power Options advanced settings. Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • On your Preferred plans, click Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep and System unattended sleep timeout.
    • Set how many minutes you want your system to be left idle before it goes to sleep.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 1, 2019
  4. PC going to sleep

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

PC going to sleep

1. PC going to sleep - Similar Threads - going sleep

2. How can I prevent laptop from going to sleep/hibernating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent laptop from going to sleep/hibernating?: I need to run a program, unattended, for a number of hours. Despite attempts to keep the computer awake using a new Power Profile, after 15 minutes the computer either goes to sleep or hibernates. What can I do to keep my computer awake? Why are settings ignored in the Power...
  3. How can I prevent laptop from going to sleep/hibernating?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I prevent laptop from going to sleep/hibernating?: I need to run a program, unattended, for a number of hours. Despite attempts to keep the computer awake using a new Power Profile, after 15 minutes the computer either goes to sleep or hibernates. What can I do to keep my computer awake? Why are settings ignored in the Power...
  4. After a reboot i loose the ability to go into sleep mode

After a reboot i loose the ability to go into sleep mode: When I select 'screen and sleep' or 'energy recomendations' to say 10min the computer will go to sleep after set time. When i turn my desktop computer off and then turn it on i loose all the sleep mode settings....
  5. After a reboot i loose the ability to go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a reboot i loose the ability to go into sleep mode: When I select 'screen and sleep' or 'energy recomendations' to say 10min the computer will go to sleep after set time. When i turn my desktop computer off and then turn it on i loose all the sleep mode settings....
  6. New Build windows 11 computer not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Build windows 11 computer not going to sleep: Windows 11 Pro AMD Radeon HD 6570 dual HDMI Intel 12th Gen i7-12700 3600 MHz CPU Gigabyte B760 Gaming AX Motherboard 64 GB Crucial DDR5 RAM 1TB Crucial NVMe SSD Realtek PCIe 2.5 GB Network adapter Corsair 175R ATX case My computer will not enter sleep mode. This computer is a...
  7. New Build windows 11 computer not going to sleep

New Build windows 11 computer not going to sleep: Windows 11 Pro AMD Radeon HD 6570 dual HDMI Intel 12th Gen i7-12700 3600 MHz CPU Gigabyte B760 Gaming AX Motherboard 64 GB Crucial DDR5 RAM 1TB Crucial NVMe SSD Realtek PCIe 2.5 GB Network adapter Corsair 175R ATX case My computer will not enter sleep mode. This computer is a...
  8. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...: I just bought this secondhand PC and I factory reset it delete files but don't clean drive, download windows from this device, delete windows driver only and left it while it was on the "Getting Windows ready, don't turn off your computer" phase. When I came back it turns out...
  9. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...: I just bought this secondhand PC and I factory reset it delete files but don't clean drive, download windows from this device, delete windows driver only and left it while it was on the "Getting Windows ready, don't turn off your computer" phase. When I came back it turns out...
  10. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging