Windows 10: PC got sluggish after coming out from sleep mode

Discus and support PC got sluggish after coming out from sleep mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HI Support team, I believe this has been an ongoing issue for years and every time you guys just give workaround or j grab some KB articles from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CT_027, May 20, 2019.

1. CT_027 Win User

PC got sluggish after coming out from sleep mode

HI Support team,

I believe this has been an ongoing issue for years and every time you guys just give workaround or j grab some KB articles from your sharepoint or confluence, and send it to us. PLEASE bring this issue to an upper level. it is not about driver update or power option.

:)

CT_027, May 20, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

PC Sluggish After Waking From Sleep

Thank you for the update.

"Could it be that their drivers are not compatible with my current Windows build?" - Yes, there's a possibility that's why you're experiencing some performance issue.

Another thing, some users have reported that the possible reason why their computers are sluggish is fast startup (enabled by default). We may try disabling the fast startup, then check if the issue will still occur. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
    • Click Save changes.

And we also suggest checking the Processes and Performance in Task Manager if you feel your computer is sluggish.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, May 20, 2019
  3. Philomena Win User
    Sluggish performance on laptop after coming out of sleep

I tried searching this and didn't find much so I figured i'd ask. I know i'm running an older laptop but lately when I come out of sleep mode everything I do is more sluggish and slow.. and web browsing especially. Most of the time I just have to do a restart to normalize it. Has anyone heard if this is an issue or is it just my old laptop? I've done security and malware scans and they don't find anything. All updates are current etc.. I tried turning off all extensions on the browser also.

Dell Inspiron 1545
    Upgraded to 8gb ram (which is overkill for this pc to begin with)

I just like to solve things like this instead of scrapping it and moving on.. why it would be sluggish after coming out of sleep and not on a full start up.

Philomena, May 20, 2019
  4. PC got sluggish after coming out from sleep mode

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, May 20, 2019
Thema:

PC got sluggish after coming out from sleep mode

1. PC got sluggish after coming out from sleep mode - Similar Threads - got sluggish coming

2. Is there a resolution for login credentials not verified after PC comes out of sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a resolution for login credentials not verified after PC comes out of sleep mode?: Good afternoon,I am encountering this issue of my login credentials can not be verified when I wake my PC out of "sleep" mode. I have gone through these steps thus far and am hoping someone has come across a solution instead of needing to do a full system install again. Will...
  3. Is there a resolution for login credentials not verified after PC comes out of sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a resolution for login credentials not verified after PC comes out of sleep mode?: Good afternoon,I am encountering this issue of my login credentials can not be verified when I wake my PC out of "sleep" mode. I have gone through these steps thus far and am hoping someone has come across a solution instead of needing to do a full system install again. Will...
  4. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  5. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  6. Black screen problem after coming out from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen problem after coming out from sleep mode: hello, About two months ago, I had a problem with not getting out of sleep mode, so I had to press the restart button on Case to bring up the screen. I checked the error checking section of the C drive, in cmd i used sfc /scannow command and dism /online /cleanup-image...
  7. Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode: Hi; I'm having an issue with a HP laptop running Win 10 (Upgrade from Win 7 in 2017). I had the laptop in sleep mode. When I opened the lid, I expected the laptop to power on. The power light comes on, but I see nothing but a black screen. The fan is however running. In...
  8. Sluggish performance on laptop after coming out of sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish performance on laptop after coming out of sleep: I tried searching this and didn't find much so I figured i'd ask. I know i'm running an older laptop but lately when I come out of sleep mode everything I do is more sluggish and slow.. and web browsing especially. Most of the time I just have to do a restart to normalize it....
  9. Unable to come out of Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to come out of Sleep mode: Running a Dell XPS 15, (L502X). Upgraded from 7 to 10 Pro yesterday. Played around a bit with the new OS and then went off to other things. Laptop went into sleep mode after 15 minutes as it always has. But this time I couldn't wake it up. Required me to power off the unit,...
  10. Won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't come out of sleep mode.: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. When it goes into sleep mode, if I swipe the touch pad within a few seconds it will come out of sleep mode. However if I'm not at the computer so that it is in sleep mode for a while, then when I swipe the touch to pad wake it up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 very sluggish coming out of sleep

2. windows 10 sluggish for a few minutes after waking up from sleep

3. windows 10 sluggish after sleep